Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, endermen hunting it is[DOUBLEPOST=1387469445][/DOUBLEPOST]How much energy would a magma dynamo produce with 1 bucket (1000mb) of lava? (I was considering using a magma crucible to melt down netherrack which costs 120,000 RF, so I would like to know if this would work or not)
By default, you get 180,000 RF out of a bucket of lava in a magmatic dynamo. So yes, you make a profit off of melting down netherrack. This is intended ;)

Currently through my tests, one magma crucible can supply 11 Magma dynamos at once with a slight surplus of lava. So that provides enough power to run your magma crucible at full speed + 40 RF/t extra while your dynamos are filling up with lava, then once they're full, your magma crucible will only run part of the time, and thus you'll get much more surplus

And as a note, to burn Cobble or stone, that takes 200,000 RF producing a 20,000 loss.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know why my Mass Fab would put this error into my forge log?

2013-12-20 13:14:59 [WARNING] [IC2] API ERROR: ic2.core.block.machine.tileentity.TileEntityMatter@449998c3 (0:538,92,-395) didn't implement demandsEnergy() properly, no energy from injectEnergy accepted (27) although demandsEnergy() requested 27.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know why my Mass Fab would put this error into my forge log?
1) Probably best to ask this in support
2) Dearth of data denies diagnosis (what pack what IC2 version)
3) you probably have one of the IC2 versions with the terribly broken energynet stuff
Downgrade IC2 (find the preferred version in the Unleashed changelogs) or upgrade your pack to 1.6 or 1.7

EclipseT

Jul 29, 2019
I play on a server hosted by a friend. I suspect him "cheating"... that he jumps into creative mode and dobble his items from time to time.

Any way i can catch him?
Is it in the logs of the server?
I am a OP on the server and can also go home to him and view his logs (since he lives next to me).

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I play on a server hosted by a friend. I suspect him "cheating"... that he jumps into creative mode and dobble his items from time to time.

Any way i can catch him?
I am a OP on the server and can also go home to him and view his logs (since he lives next to me).
Well the only one he is cheating is himself isn't it? He will just get bored sooner by taking such short cuts.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I'm trying to set a pattern in the Cyclic Assembler (Magic Farm 2, Thermal Expansion 3), and whatever I do with the items on the pattern tab, the items just drop on the floor. How do I set up a pattern? *Edit* Ohhh, do I need to create the patterns in a Machinist's Workbench? I don't have one of those yet, I'll make one when I'm next on.

Last edited:

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019

Any way i can catch him?

The only way for him to jump into creative is if he is an op himself. If you don't want him cheating, de-op him. Problem solved.

Of course, that may cause him to be angry at you... >__>

EclipseT

Jul 29, 2019
The only way for him to jump into creative is if he is an op himself. If you don't want him cheating, de-op him. Problem solved.

Of course, that may cause him to be angry at you... >__>

Since it is his server, it is pointless to do that.
So no way to see in logs if he is spawning items and flying around in creative?

zorn

Jul 29, 2019

I had the same problem and only caught the guy because he screwed up. In my short time running a server I haven't seen any way to catch someone if they have OP status.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019

Spawning in items definitely shows up in the server.log file. Game mode changes, not sure. But they technically should show up as well.

EclipseT

Jul 29, 2019
Well i cant see them. I tried to look for them but they wont.
Only thing that show up is if the player do a command in the command line like /give xx xx or if he uses NEI UI and click items that he want.
But if he uses the creative menu it does not show or if he double items by middle clicking and changing gamemode with NEI buttons does not show in the consol of the server.
Anywhere else to look than the consol of the server?

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Well i cant see them. I tried to look for them but they wont.
Only thing that show up is if the player do a command in the command line like /give xx xx or if he uses NEI UI and click items that he want.
But if he uses the creative menu it does not show or if he double items by middle clicking and changing gamemode with NEI buttons does not show in the consol of the server.
Anywhere else to look than the consol of the server?

Not intending to be rude, but why does it matter?

EclipseT

Jul 29, 2019
It really does not matter. It is up to him ofcourse. But i wanted to mess with him, bust him and point and proofs...
Im happy he got the server running, i am enjoying it. But this would be fun to learn and it would be good to know how it works so i can see if he does it.

But it seems it does not show in the logs. Otherwhise im sure someone would mention it by now.