Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Transformer upgrades indeed. It caps out with 2 upgrades at 8192 EU/t.

However, if you use a build newer than 303, for the time being, machine explosions are disabled to stop people complaining while the e-net remains unfinished.
Actually, I have three in and am using 64 UH Solar Panels.

Carter Matthews

Jul 29, 2019
I just down loaded FTB unleashed v.1.1.3 but when i open my inventory not enough items doesn't show up... SO i press "o" and i showed up but none of the items showed up on the right!!! Can I get some help??

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I have three in and am using 64 UH Solar Panels.

Yes, because machine explosions are disabled. However, the third transformer upgrade doesn't actually do anything in the mass fab. We tested this before the explosions got disabled, and nothing you can do will push any machine higher than 8192 EU/t.

This may change when the e-net is actually completed, but for now, there's a hard limit (but it's not currently enforced).

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, because machine explosions are disabled. However, the third transformer upgrade doesn't actually do anything in the mass fab. We tested this before the explosions got disabled, and nothing you can do will push any machine higher than 8192 EU/t.

This may change when the e-net is actually completed, but for now, there's a hard limit (but it's not currently enforced).
But the percentage is moving 4 times faster than when I only had 16 solars.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
http://imgur.com/a/2zNJ3#Ok5zJw7

Trying to figure out how i screwed up this cursed earth spawner. There isn't really any way to save it at this point, but im trying to figure out what went wrong. I made sure there were no lights anywhere near it. used slabs in the rooms on the ends in case i had to get to the pipes or whatever to keep mobs from spawning. two sets of drawbridges to cover it after doing the ritual and shut it off if i wanted.

Apparently the mob essence creates some light when it goes through the liquiducts. :/ But i checked the spawner and it ran for a couple real world days fine, now suddenly most of it is gone.

And the one screenshot shows the grass is lit up somehow... but there is nothing that creates light. The area in the middle underground is also lit up... no mob essence in the liquiducts when i took the screenshot... I cannot figure out where the hell the light is coming from.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
http://imgur.com/a/2zNJ3#Ok5zJw7

Trying to figure out how i screwed up this cursed earth spawner. There isn't really any way to save it at this point, but im trying to figure out what went wrong. I made sure there were no lights anywhere near it. used slabs in the rooms on the ends in case i had to get to the pipes or whatever to keep mobs from spawning. two sets of drawbridges to cover it after doing the ritual and shut it off if i wanted.

Apparently the mob essence creates some light when it goes through the liquiducts. :/ But i checked the spawner and it ran for a couple real world days fine, now suddenly most of it is gone.

And the one screenshot shows the grass is lit up somehow... but there is nothing that creates light. The area in the middle underground is also lit up... no mob essence in the liquiducts when i took the screenshot... I cannot figure out where the hell the light is coming from.

Try removing the enchanting table.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Try removing the enchanting table.

It creates light? Damn. But then why would it not do it the first few days. Also... Not easy to get to it with creepers spawning everywhere. Well, when the cursed earth covered the area.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
It creates light? Damn. But then why would it not do it the first few days. Also... Not easy to get to it with creepers spawning everywhere. Well, when the cursed earth covered the area.

It can depending on the E+ version(If you have it). Was more of just a possible guess.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Is there something researchable in Thaumcraft 4 that lets you get rid of taint? I have 2 tainted areas near my base, and even though I turned off taint spread, it's still really annoying. Don't tell me what it is since I'm trying to avoid spoilers; just tell me if there is, or if all my research is in vain.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Is there something researchable in Thaumcraft 4 that lets you get rid of taint? I have 2 tainted areas near my base, and even though I turned off taint spread, it's still really annoying. Don't tell me what it is since I'm trying to avoid spoilers; just tell me if there is, or if all my research is in vain.

Yes there is a way to get rid of or contain the taint. Also, there are couple of items that need tainted aspect to make. So you may want to just contain the taint.[DOUBLEPOST=1387943576][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just down loaded FTB unleashed v.1.1.3 but when i open my inventory not enough items doesn't show up... SO i press "o" and i showed up but none of the items showed up on the right!!! Can I get some help??

Are you in creative mode? If so you need to click on the chest icon (lower right corner of your inventory screen) to get NEI to show up.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, thanks! Because this is my first experience with TC4, and because I'm a wimp, I turned off taint spreading, but I'll still try to find a way to contain the taint.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
It can depending on the E+ version(If you have it). Was more of just a possible guess.

In case you were interested... got rid of the enchantment table... no change in light level. Really, really weird.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
In case you were interested... got rid of the enchantment table... no change in light level. Really, really weird.
Are those force bricks?

E: Nvm that makes no sense. Will get back to you when I get another idea.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Are those force bricks?

E: Nvm that makes no sense. Will get back to you when I get another idea.

Its some sort of bug. I started putting blocks down in the area that i felt was the most lit up, and after a few tries poof! the lights went out. I dug out all the cursed earth and found a bunch of it UNDER the floor where it should have been beyond the range of what dirt would be converted. Normally the ritual wont convert dirt to cursed earth if that dirt block cant see the moon when you perform the ritual.

Even weirder, as I went to leave, i saw a block of dirt on fire... and saw more cursed earth. Under the floor and two levels down, below the dirt i had already dug up. So its definitely some sort of bug going on here.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Its some sort of bug. I started putting blocks down in the area that i felt was the most lit up, and after a few tries poof! the lights went out. I dug out all the cursed earth and found a bunch of it UNDER the floor where it should have been beyond the range of what dirt would be converted. Normally the ritual wont convert dirt to cursed earth if that dirt block cant see the moon when you perform the ritual.

Even weirder, as I went to leave, i saw a block of dirt on fire... and saw more cursed earth. Under the floor and two levels down, below the dirt i had already dug up. So its definitely some sort of bug going on here.

Well I know the LoS to the moon usually is moot(Assuming due to a bug) so some probably converted downward then some of it got lit up somehow and converted back into grass/dirt on fire and started lightning everything else up. After that I would imagine some of the light of the fire escaped through pipe holes and changed some on top and then that one spread the fire and light to others.

jellysnake

Jul 29, 2019
Simple question eh?
Fine.
Do I need both logistics pipes?
2013-12-19_16.35.25.png

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I do notice that the watering can from extra utilities helps in making the plants in Magical Crops mature faster and wonder, what would happen if you use Openblocks' sprinkler and RotaryCraft's sprinkler together...

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I do notice that the watering can from extra utilities helps in making the plants in Magical Crops mature faster and wonder, what would happen if you use Openblocks' sprinkler and RotaryCraft's sprinkler together...

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Unlikely anything as all most likely use the same method to make things grow faster-simulating the rain. Now the sprinkler has the advantage of being the fastest due to being able to use bonemeal as well.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Unlikely anything as all most likely use the same method to make things grow faster-simulating the rain. Now the sprinkler has the advantage of being the fastest due to being able to use bonemeal as well.
Thanks. Was hoping they would both work together. :(