Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
As I understant the original requirement, that is not what is wanted. A BUD will detect anything, for example a flower being planted or wheat growing, which is not a "directly touching block".
It was what i wanted. Mostly for RIM elevators and other frame things so i will know when something get on right place.

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
It is added by Tinkers Construct. Atm there isnt much use for it. Believe the only 2 things are the Heart Canisters and the... Something backpack.
The heart canisters stack and will increase your total health. The backpack will give you a 3rd tab which has more inventory slots.
EDIT: the name of the backpack is Knapsack
Thanks

HuelerMage

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, if you apply sufficient power to a wooden pipe it will pull an entire stack. Not sure how much power is needed, but a Redstone Energy Cell with a gate next to it signalling "items in inventory" empties a diamond chest in an anstonishingly short time. In newer versions of BuildCraft, there are 7 tiers of Autarchic Gate that pull 1,2,4,8,16,32,64 items at a time.

Do you put the Autarchic gate in the wooden pipe or the pipe next to it?

HuelerMage

Jul 29, 2019
Ok...
I fixed some stuff and now my problem is my chest.
As you can see , I have Diamond Chest but they're getting filled and filled everytime so that means i need to create another chest.
Is there an alternative way to store items?
2hs7znq.png

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ok...
As you can see , I have Diamond Chest but they're getting filled and filled everytime so that means i need to create another chest.
If you just need manual storage space, use Factorisations "Barrel". They accept only one kind of item, but will store from default 64 stacks, and upgraded 1024 stacks.So they are good for cobble, dirt, sand etc. And they are cheap to make. Logs and wooden slabs.
Applied energistics is amazing yes, but not something you start out with. Its a bit complex and requires power and lots of semi expensive items to make.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
As I understant the original requirement, that is not what is wanted. A BUD will detect anything, for example a flower being planted or wheat growing, which is not a "directly touching block".

Then hopefully it exceeds his requirements? Without knowing how he wants to employ it, the DB is a simple, single block which will emit a signal when a block is placed down next to it. That's what he asked for :)

Last edited:
Reactions: groundhog

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
Ok...

barrels hold 64 stacks at a time of a single item. 1024 if you need true mass storage of a single item like cobble.

if you need mass storage of various items, such as tools, junk ores, semi-processed materials, and finished products, slap down an AE system.
1 64K drive can store an entire max size quarry with only little over half the storage space used.
as a bonus, it makes automating stuff fairly easy.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
barrels hold 64 stacks at a time of a single item. 1024 if you need true mass storage of a single item like cobble.

if you need mass storage of various items, such as tools, junk ores, semi-processed materials, and finished products, slap down an AE system.
1 64K drive can store an entire max size quarry with only little over half the storage space used.
Or, as an alternative, he could use Deep Storage Units from MFR to store over TWO BEEELLION cobble in one block. /Dr. Evil

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Unleashed has ExtraUtils + Dartcraft, right? >_>

You can craft Cobblestone into Compressed Cobblestone in a 3x3 craftin recipe to save space. And then you can craft that Compressed Cobblestone into Double Compressed Cobblestone in a 3x3 recipe, and then compress THAT... If you use Force Pipes with Crafting Cards, you should even be able to automate it.

HuelerMage

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks , I never knew that there were barrels ! I am going to try it with the Applied Energistics!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Question:
Trying to copy an enchanted book with Bibliocraft in Unleashed 1.1.3. I put the enchanted book in the Typesetting table along with a stack of chases. But when I click in the middle to choose which book to copy onto the chase, the enchanted book is not showing up as an option. It says it requires 40 levels and I got those. What am I doing wrong?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is there a mod in FTB unleashed that automatically cuts designated trees when the player commands the machine?
Tool Dynamism from Thaumic Tinkerer. Probably won't work, as it has no inventory for the logs to go into. Never used it myself.
What I mean is, I suspect it will simply not work. It might break a single block like a regular axe, but I guess that the "special" mechanism of "all connected log blocks break and are magically transported into the player's inventory" will not work, because there is no player's inventory for them to go to. The obvious retort to this is, "but a harvesting golem has an Axe of the Stream and no inventory, and that works", but my reply to that would be: "No it doesn't have an Axe of the Stream, it has a Harvesting Core, which is a different item with different mechanics". I could be wrong - maybe Thaumic Tinkerer has specific mechanics to deal with an Axe of the Stream as a special case, but I think we'd have heard about it by now.
I just gave this a try. Put the Tool dynamism down, gave it a Axe of the Stream and set it to redstone input and rightclick. Planted a tree in front of it and gave it a redstone signal. And it worked. For each pulse it chopped down a log(starting in the most distant end). The logs were gathered at the Tool dynamism just like if it was a player using the axe. Don't see any problem in then picking the logs up with a hungry chest or obsidian pipe.
Its also possible to set it to always rightclick, since rightclicking a sapling with the axe does nothing. As soon as the tree grows, it will be chopped down.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is it necessary to use a glass fiber just to connect my low voltage solar pannel to the MFSU?
Ehm no it depends on 2 things. The packet size and the distance.
If the packet size is lower than 5 EU(single solar panels etc. Not solar arrays) you can use Ultra-Low-Current-Cable. It has the same loss factor as glass fibre, but cant handle more than 5EU packets. That means that you can have multiple single solar panels on the same line without problem. But a LV array(8EU packets) will make the cable blow up.
If your solar panels/array are less than 4 lenghts of wire away from the MFSU, you can use copper cable for Low voltage arrays without any loss.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is there a way to increase the production speed of the Assembly table?
Multiple lasers. Each laser adds up to 4MJ/t to the crafting. Each craft needs x amounts of MJ. More lasers equals faster crafting.