Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Is there any way to pump liquid manyullyn out of a lake in a mystcraft age into the smeltery?
For some reason it seems the BC pump doesn't even want to pump it.
Extra Utilities liquid transfer node? Not sure how you would place it though as it needs to be directly above the surface and the usual way is to pop a block of cobble into the water and break it afterwards. Might be able to place one on the ground and Force Wrench it into position to keep its orientaton. Back up your world first though!

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
The power tool from MPS will take out the whole tree just by cutting the bottom block. (Works with many species).

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Is there a mod in FTB unleashed that automatically cuts designated trees when the player commands the machine?
I don't think so. MFR Harvester will cut down anything near it that even slightly resembles a tree, as long as it has no redstone signal so you could use a lever to turn it on. Oh, what I would give for an Axe of the Stream Turtle...

If you wait for 1.6 and Thaumcraft 4, you could put a wood-cutting golem in a cage at the bottom of the tree, and release it by opening a door. You'd need a two-section enclosure, one for the tree and one for the golem, and a way to ensure that it goes back into its own enclosure after cutting.

Last edited:
Reactions: SatanicSanta

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I don't think so. MFR Harvester will cut down anything near it that even slightly resembles a tree, as long as it has no redstone signal so you could use a lever to turn it on. Oh, what I would give for an Axe of the Stream Turtle...

If you wait for 1.6 and Thaumcraft 4, you could put a wood-cutting golem in a cage at the bottom of the tree, and release it by opening a door. You'd need a two-section enclosure, one for the tree and one for the golem, and a way to ensure that it goes back into its own enclosure after cutting.
Couldent you put an axe of the stream or a dartcraft lumberjack axe in that Thamcraft(or is it Thaumic tinkerer?) whatitsname that can use items/blocks based on redstone signal?

HuelerMage

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks , I'll try the Harvester since i haven't started with thaumcraft.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Couldent you put an axe of the stream or a dartcraft lumberjack axe in that Thamcraft(or is it Thaumic tinkerer?) whatitsname that can use items/blocks based on redstone signal?
Tool Dynamism from Thaumic Tinkerer. Probably won't work, as it has no inventory for the logs to go into. Never used it myself.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Tool Dynamism from Thaumic Tinkerer. Probably won't work, as it has no inventory for the logs to go into. Never used it myself.
Logs could easily be picked up by golem/obsidian pipe/hungry chest etc. You can even combine it with the Thaumostatic magnetizer to gather the items from a larger area(doing that with egg collection atm).
But I havent tried the Tool dynamism either, so not sure. Will give it a try when I get home I think.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Logs could easily be picked up by golem/obsidian pipe/hungry chest etc.
What I mean is, I suspect it will simply not work. It might break a single block like a regular axe, but I guess that the "special" mechanism of "all connected log blocks break and are magically transported into the player's inventory" will not work, because there is no player's inventory for them to go to. The obvious retort to this is, "but a harvesting golem has an Axe of the Stream and no inventory, and that works", but my reply to that would be: "No it doesn't have an Axe of the Stream, it has a Harvesting Core, which is a different item with different mechanics". I could be wrong - maybe Thaumic Tinkerer has specific mechanics to deal with an Axe of the Stream as a special case, but I think we'd have heard about it by now.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Question:
Is there any mod to detect directly touching block space? So that "detector" will emit RS signal when you simple place something(block) next to it.
(i am looking for easy way to do this/1block, not RS contraption)
ExtraUtilities to the rescue ...
Block Update Detector: Checks for block updates adjacent to the block.
As I understant the original requirement, that is not what is wanted. A BUD will detect anything, for example a flower being planted or wheat growing, which is not a "directly touching block".

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Uhh , is it possible to transport a stack of items with pipes ?
Yes, if you apply sufficient power to a wooden pipe it will pull an entire stack. Not sure how much power is needed, but a Redstone Energy Cell with a gate next to it signalling "items in inventory" empties a diamond chest in an anstonishingly short time. In newer versions of BuildCraft, there are 7 tiers of Autarchic Gate that pull 1,2,4,8,16,32,64 items at a time.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Uhh , is it possible to transport a stack of items with pipes ?
Yes you just need a more powerful engine powering the wooden pipe. A stirling or electrical engine should do. You can use pipe gates to turn the engines on and off when needed to save fuel/power.[DOUBLEPOST=1384963547][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes, if you apply sufficient power to a wooden pipe it will pull an entire stack. Not sure how much power is needed, but a Redstone Energy Cell with a gate next to it signalling "items in inventory" empties a diamond chest in an anstonishingly short time. In newer versions of BuildCraft, there are 7 tiers of Autarchic Gate that pull 1,2,4,8,16,32,64 items at a time.
Or redstone energy cells yeah. However redstone conduits does not work.

HuelerMage

Jul 29, 2019
Yes you just need a more powerful engine powering the wooden pipe. A stirling or electrical engine should do. You can use pipe gates to turn the engines on and off when needed to save fuel/power.[DOUBLEPOST=1384963547][/DOUBLEPOST]
Or redstone energy cells yeah. However redstone conduits does not work.

I am actually dumbfounded about the pipe gates that you guys are saying.
What is the in-game name of the gates? Is it a different name or just gate?

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
It has the information about the gate and the word gate.
So, say you've got a gate that will activate only when there's items in the inventory AND power in the Redstone Energy Cell next to it - then, it will pull items from the inventory it's connected to.
That's a Iron (2 possible inputs) AND (only activates when all conditions are met) Autarchic (pulls items from inventory) Gate.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/Gates
http://minecraftbuildcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Gates[DOUBLEPOST=1384966667][/DOUBLEPOST]
In the unleashed mod pack, what mod adds the "armor" tab above the inventory?
It is added by Tinkers Construct. Atm there isnt much use for it. Believe the only 2 things are the Heart Canisters and the... Something backpack.
The heart canisters stack and will increase your total health. The backpack will give you a 3rd tab which has more inventory slots.
EDIT: the name of the backpack is Knapsack

dprkforum

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to find emeralds in Unhinged. I ran a quarry in an extreme hills biome. No emeralds. Do they spawn somewhere else now?