Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
You can also enchant the cells with Holding which increases their capactiy. Best method would be to daisy chain them if you using multiple.

Yeah, I know about that enchant :) What I'm looking for I guess is more than 5 sides to pull power out from (one has to be input soooo....)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Playing my 1.7.10 pack, looking for options to auto-farm agricraft crops. I cannot use the MFR harvester yet due to recipe changes (way too advanced yet). I was planning using Autonomus Activators, until I discovered the crop harvest is thrown into the air. I know I can put a vacuum chest type thing but not keen on having entities flying around.
Throw out some ideas, and I'll see what I can use.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Botania? Hopperhock will suck items up the moment they quit moving. Actually Additions Ranged Collector should be able to grab them out of the air.

I assume you don't have the EnderIO farming station designed to work with Agricraft? I'm pretty sure it's from an add-on, but I don't know which one.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Botania? Hopperhock will suck items up the moment they quit moving. Actually Additions Ranged Collector should be able to grab them out of the air.

I assume you don't have the EnderIO farming station designed to work with Agricraft? I'm pretty sure it's from an add-on, but I don't know which one.
No Botania (not a fan of it) nor Actually Additions (again, not a fan). EnderIO is gated behind MFR, so that's out :D Didn't know about the EnderIO Addon for AgriCraft until I recently saw Ethos use it in Project Ozone 2 (I've played that pack and was blissfully unaware of it!)
Do Thaumcraft golems interact with AgriCraft? If so, that could be an excuse for me to dive into it.
Failing that, I'd have to get my act together and get the infrastructure in place for MFR and use Aut-Activators as a short term solution, although not sure the resource cost would be worth it (my pack makes you burn through resources without you realising)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Harvester golems work perfectly with Agricraft in Regrowth, so it's possible.
Ah yes, I remember Regrowth now. Hmm, that gives me something extra to do and a good excuse to get back into Thaumcraft.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Yeah, Thaumcraft would be my next suggestion, but I didn't know what version you were in. I do like Botania myself, but I'm with you on not liking AA.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hopefully a simple question: has anyone else had trouble finding tin ore in Horizons III? In JER, it doesn’t even have an overworld spawning percentage. Given that all thermal stuff is gated behind it (thanks, tin gear) I’m wondering if this is a deliberate decision? That being the case, I guess I’m going to need to find a different ore doubling mechanic...

Anyone had any experience with this?

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
Question. Thermal Expansion energy cells. Blue is input, orange is output and yellow is disabled. How would you set up multiple of these to create a larger storage? I know I can upgrade them, but let's say I want to do something like the enderIO thing, where I put multiple cells together? Or is there a different option to store larger amounts of energy that's not the Draconic Evolution energy ball of death?

Put multiple in parallel.
Connect all input sides together with cryo-stabilized fluxducts and consider that whole line to be your input.
Connect all output sides together with cryo-stabilized fluxducts and consider that whole line to be your output

The cells won't share preexisting charge with each other, but all incoming and outgoing flux will be distributed.

A player made multiblock, no actual multiblock needed. :)

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Haven't been playing Horizons, but in theory it should generate around copper/iron level. I usually find them in pockets around that height. CoFH usually gens it around there because it's needed for bronze, so you might be looking too low in the world.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Haven't been playing Horizons, but in theory it should generate around copper/iron level. I usually find them in pockets around that height. CoFH usually gens it around there because it's needed for bronze, so you might be looking too low in the world.
Hmm you maybe right? Is there any reason that it might be the only Thermal Foundation ore not showing up on JER? Like conflicts or something?

EDIT: so, I’m a buffoon - I could have sworn it was the only one that didn’t show up in JER, but nope - none of the TF ones do, which means I’ve probably just been unlucky and not found any! UPDATE: yep, found it, I’m definitely a buffoon. Though it does make an interesting gate if doing that, so i’ll bear that in mind.

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Does anyone know if potions will stack in an ME system? Provided that things like level and duration are identical, of course.

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to be having some sort of cosmetic issue. In FTB Infinity Evolved, the Railcraft smoker produces less smoke when there a more smokers in the same vicinity. I noticed today that my smokers were producing less smoke than normal and thought maybe it was a visual bug. I restarted my game and that did nothing. I then attempted deleting a few and found that the other smokers produced the usual amount of smoke when the others were deleted.

I assume this is some attempt to reduce particle lag (though they don't seem to cause much). Does anyone know if this is Railcraft or Minecraft side? Since the smokers use the same particles as vanilla fire smoke particles, perhaps it's on Minecraft mechanics itself? Does anyone know why this happens and if there's a way to fix it?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Does anyone have any idea what could be causing the limbs of the player and mobs to spazz around like crazy, and also when I rotate around clockwise, I get weird screen glitches, which don't happen when I rotate counter clockwise.
Everything was fine yesterday, added a load more mods, this issue occured. Removed everything I added, and the issue is still there.
This is Minecraft 1.12.2
2017-12-31_13.06.56.png

Edit: nvm - found it was due to BetterFPS and me forgetting I had clicked some settings!

Last edited:

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything that can be used as a "fluid" item frame?

I want to have some indicator of which transposer is for which fluid. I am using export bus to fill the machines.

Mediocre alternatives are to use a bucket or tank of the fluid and place it in a normal frame (small, color doesn't fit with the theme), or export fluid to a tank above the machine and autoexport from tank to the machine (can't 'seal' the interim tank away like I do with the cabling, as tanks - at least the ones I tried - aren't multipart compatible so any covers go on adjacent blocks, not in the same block as the tank). 1.7.10 so can't use chisel n' bits.

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen an item called a stabilized ender pearl in my FTB Beyond playthrough. I am wondering; what are stabilized ender pearls and what are they used for?