Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Well! You know where the problem is, don't ya?

OK, me neither. That looks right, lol.

Only guess is that that exact location is in the netherrack areas in the back of the pic. How long have you left it running? I'm guessing you're about to ruin my line of thinking by telling me you've left it there for hours.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
I think the ranged pump is bugged for server gameplay from what I remember. That would make sense since the test world is not on a server and the survival one is. You can always try the immersive engineering pump.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I'm running mine on a server. It does it like that sometimes, but it eventually finds the lava and goes to town. Mine is even on the edge of the land so only half of the circle is lava...

C

cap.1o

Well! You know where the problem is, don't ya?

OK, me neither. That looks right, lol.

Only guess is that that exact location is in the netherrack areas in the back of the pic. How long have you left it running? I'm guessing you're about to ruin my line of thinking by telling me you've left it there for hours.
I let it works since 1h and half ^^ Yes.

I think it's a real conflit between this mod and server playing i will report it to the "very nice" (he don't like when someone says it's not working apparently) creator. And pass my way with this mod on server.
I will give a chance the im...... ing pump (difficult name for a mod lol).

And also vanilla blaze spawner doesn't spawn balze on overworld but i will ask for that an other day to be forget a bit with my problems lol

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I have a few blaze spawners spawning blazes in the overworld all the time. You got something wrong with your game somewhere...

mismatch with the server maybe? Can you get any of this to work in single player?

C

cap.1o

Sorry lol French writting ^^ It's working on single player as i said yes for the pump and the spawner it doesn't ...
So no problem at all i will check and fix that.
I know now it's my game is broken.
I will check all

C

cap.1o

"Mine" as in my world :p I'm running FTB beyond with some extra stuff I added.
After doing unknowing thing with the server files, pump works in nether now lol
Blazes appears after taking the spawner with diamond transporter chest.
I will automate this with enderio to have have more troubles.
Thanks for your answers guys

Reactions: Drbretto

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Greetings cats & kittens,

I'm making myself a little (personal) modpack to tinker with. How does one create a void map with default structures?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Greetings cats & kittens,

I'm making myself a little (personal) modpack to tinker with. How does one create a void map with default structures?

I recall seeing a vanilla map not too long ago (but before 1.11) called 'Skyshaft', which was essentially that. You might be able to reverse engineer from that.

S

SoraLow360

Why would you want to chop down trees without planting saplings?

Tree farms are meant to be renewable, you know, and saplings aim to do that. If you want to chop down a forest just use a TCon lumberaxe or an RFTools Builder with a wood-only filter (if you really hate doing stuff manually)

Edit: if you really want to use Steve's Carts you could replace the dirt the saplings/trees are on with blocks saplings can't grow on (e.g. cobblestone)
....im certain I know what a tree farm is, that isn't the simple question that I asked.

The reason why I asked was because I have a pretty large size farm that I wanted to deconstruct. I am playing on expert and at the time of posting i didn't have access to any way of *quickly* getting rid of the trees that had already grown. Sure I could run around with my axe but if the cart could be configured to chop and not plant then I could go off and do something else. Good news was though I did think of placing dirt 1 block higher to avoid plating. Not ideal since I still had to go back and clear the dirt maze but hey choose your battles pick your poison. I felt it at least worth asking, is it really that strange of a question?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I don't know of any automated ways, but would something like a dark steel axe work? It's manual, but at least it'll take down a whole tree in one swing. Should be quickish, and you'll be there to pick up the saplings so they don't grow.