Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

dragonmaster0283

Jul 29, 2019
Wait a minute! If I pump them directly into drawer controllers instead of intermediary chests, that might do that totally automatically!I cannot believe that didn't occur to me until just now! I'm way overthinking it.

It in my pack, but I don't even know exactly what it is there for yet. I'll tackle that stuff a bit later and I'm sure it will help me make it more efficient.

Lock the drawers with the drawer key. It wont put any items into blank spots if the drawers are locked. Then just manulaly add the new items to the drawers as they come in (and you dont have to unlock to add to a blank spot).

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Lock the drawers with the drawer key. It wont put any items into blank spots if the drawers are locked. Then just manulaly add the new items to the drawers as they come in (and you dont have to unlock to add to a blank spot).

Nah, I had already thought of that. That is the contingency plan. I think the way I just realized will work, though. As long as the EU sorting pipes treat each drawer controller as a chest, which I believe they will. With a breadth-first upgrade on the transfer node, it *should* completely automate it the way I want. All I should have to do is set up 1 item from each mod to go into each cluster, then set up a set of shelves in the back without the sorting pipe for the overflow, any time I get a new item associated with any of the mods in any cluster, it should automatically find a place in the appropriate section.

It'll be like this (top-down view):

Code:
XXXXXX XXCXX XXCXX XXX
X        |     |     X
C----S---M-----M-----C
X        |     |     X
XXXXXX XXCXX XXCXX XXX

S = Source chest (Ender Chest) - put anything in here
C = Controller, the entry point for each section
M = Mod Sorting pipe
- and | = EU item pipes
X = Storage Drawers

The section on the left Would have all of my most common (locked) items, the sections on the sides can be themed based on mods, then a catch-all section in the back.

It's actually a really efficient and simple design. I think it'll work.

edit: Think I'd have to move the connection from the front to the back directly before running into the mod sorters, but still, close enough.

Last edited:

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
I don't even know how to ask this...

Is there a mod/item that will make an item stay in a chest, even if you are constantly pumping items out of it?

I just discovered the extra utilities mod sorting pipes and this could make my bigger, more elaborate storage drawers system a lot easier to work with. But, my idea was to have each of these chests set up to automatically sort by mod, then pumped from those chests to each set of drawers automatically. The only problem is, as soon as a chest is empty, it would stop working.

Accepting other alternative solutions here as well.

Tenacious chests from the thaumcraft addon Automagy does this. always keeps one item in itself so golems/pipes can steal em all.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Questions for FTB Beyond:
1. Why is there no fast-leaf-decay for trees? I thought we had finally (FOR GOOD) moved beyond the slow vanilla decay mechanic in modded?
2. What are these robot things that shoot fire beams at me? LMAO (Yes I'm new to v1.10.2 modpacks and mods)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Questions for FTB Beyond:
1. Why is there no fast-leaf-decay for trees? I thought we had finally (FOR GOOD) moved beyond the slow vanilla decay mechanic in modded?
2. What are these robot things that shoot fire beams at me? LMAO (Yes I'm new to v1.10.2 modpacks and mods)

1. Mostly TPS issues from what I've seen so far. Particularly on servers, a few tree farms can really add up.

2. I haven't seen these yet (away from home for a bit, so I'll have to wait to download the new hotness), but that sounds awesome.

zBob

Jul 29, 2019

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
I was hoping nobody would go there :p

Will that actually work? That's good to know.

It works in JEI in the 1.11 pack I am playing right now so for example I typed "bo qui" and the Book and Quill was displayed as the search result. Also order does not seem to matter as "qui bo" also returned the book and quill.

Reactions: Pyure
S

ShinsoReaper

Did the breeding for myrtle ebony change? Everything I find says Kapok and teak but I've tried many times with no myrtle ebony saplings whatsoever. I've adjusted the height for the Kapok trees so that's not the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
Does the Aversion Obelisk stop mob spawners from working (ie Powered Spawner/Cursed Earth spawner for use with Blood Magic)?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Did the breeding for myrtle ebony change? Everything I find says Kapok and teak but I've tried many times with no myrtle ebony saplings whatsoever. I've adjusted the height for the Kapok trees so that's not the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
I recently did this on 1.20.2 pack. So it still works. In my setup I planted 5 or 6 parent trees (adjusted for height) in a checkerboard pattern. I had 6 automated bee setups below (just hive bees mostly). Then I chunk loaded it and left it running for a full day in real life.

S

ShinsoReaper

I recently did this on 1.20.2 pack. So it still works. In my setup I planted 5 or 6 parent trees (adjusted for height) in a checkerboard pattern. I had 6 automated bee setups below (just hive bees mostly). Then I chunk loaded it and left it running for a full day in real life.
Thanks I guess I'll just keep trying then. Appreciate the help.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
What are some early-ish Sky Factory 3 mob-killing mechanisms people are using?
I've tinkered with punji sticks and the dark utilities traps. Are there any early-ish options that garner player-only drops.

(To give a rough idea of "early-ish", diamond spikes are more or less off the table unless I get a bit unlazy and sift up a lot more diamonds)

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Are you talking about EU diamond spikes? What's the difference between them and gold? I thought the difference was supposed to be enchantability but I'm getting the same 2 useless enchants for both and nothing more (even with an anvil IIRC). And gold was enough to count as a player kill and drop XP, so I don't get what the diamond spikes brought to the table at all.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
There's no quarry in FTB Beyond, except for one unknown block from Extra Utilities 2 mod. No Buildcraft quarry, no Ender Quarry. OMG, what am I supposed to do now? LOL Need suggestions.