Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
X

XuJoo

Just double checking, there's a reason why you don't want to use just Expert Mode with Infinity Evolved right?

The recipies in skyblock add a lot of things that you cannot get in normal expert mode, like make your own Thaumcraft Obelisks, and a lot of convenience things that arent overly easy like Mana Fluxfield for Botania to Thermal Dynamics

Disabling Y U No Make Good Maps, did nothing, that mod only helps skyblock maps not actually make it skyblock in the first place, All in all I just need a way to have control over my map gen again, even the options button for vanillia map gen options just simply isn't there.

If anyone knows the mod that FTB uses to Add the recipies that could also help a lot, as then I can simply just change ftb infinity evolved into those recipies (and update some mods...)

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
The recipies in skyblock add a lot of things that you cannot get in normal expert mode, like make your own Thaumcraft Obelisks, and a lot of convenience things that arent overly easy like Mana Fluxfield for Botania to Thermal Dynamics

Disabling Y U No Make Good Maps, did nothing, that mod only helps skyblock maps not actually make it skyblock in the first place, All in all I just need a way to have control over my map gen again, even the options button for vanillia map gen options just simply isn't there.

If anyone knows the mod that FTB uses to Add the recipies that could also help a lot, as then I can simply just change ftb infinity evolved into those recipies (and update some mods...)
Disable Lockdown as well, it's the mod that prevents you changing the world settings.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
If not, is there an option out there? I can add whatever mod is necessary.
i would suggest storage drawers(auto ore dict on insert to match pre-existing ingots/dusts/blocks/nuggets ) for this issue as a plus the compacting drawers are very nice to have for an ae network because the network (even more so if through a drawer controller which gives access to an entire bank of drawers around it) can immediately access nuggets/ingots/blocks at the same time while the material is also in dense storage (ie un-upgraded compacting drawler stores 144 stacks of ingots if there is a block of that material in the game +anything that has a 3x3 or 2x2 recipe that can be reversed (glowstone and nether-quartz count as can be reversed by default))

D

Dalienx

in hermit pack is there a delete mobs command for admins?
tried the old /xu_killmobs but seems its not in this pack.
also same question for entities.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
i would suggest storage drawers(auto ore dict on insert to match pre-existing ingots/dusts/blocks/nuggets ) for this issue as a plus the compacting drawers are very nice to have for an ae network because the network (even more so if through a drawer controller which gives access to an entire bank of drawers around it) can immediately access nuggets/ingots/blocks at the same time while the material is also in dense storage (ie un-upgraded compacting drawler stores 144 stacks of ingots if there is a block of that material in the game +anything that has a 3x3 or 2x2 recipe that can be reversed (glowstone and nether-quartz count as can be reversed by default))

Oh? This can be done directly with storage drawers? I'll look into this. I assume it's an upgrade? I'm currently working on my inventory setup using this mod anyway. I didn't know it could also do that.

Edit: I'm not seeing any upgrades for that. Is it something that's automatic with the compacting drawers?

Last edited:
M

MrHeash

Regarding JourneyMap: what does the "auto-map function" do? As a non-native english speaker I couldnt figure it out -.-'

Z

Zakkarian

Hello! I don't know where to ask this, but if anyone knows please tell me. :) Is FTB planning on doing any magic based mod packs again sometime? I had a lot of fun with the mage quest modpack. Just wondering if there is going to be a new magic one sometime with all the updated minecraft stuff. Otherwise does anyone know of any good magic mod packs anywhere? Preferably with quests like in mage quest. I'm not big into the tech mod stuff.

Thank you. :)

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding JourneyMap: what does the "auto-map function" do? As a non-native english speaker I couldnt figure it out -.-'
it generates the map from the chunk data handy if you load a old backup of a world and the map data is incorrect or create a different world with the same name and the map data is incorrect

Reactions: ICountFrom0

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I don't even know how to ask this...

Is there a mod/item that will make an item stay in a chest, even if you are constantly pumping items out of it?

I just discovered the extra utilities mod sorting pipes and this could make my bigger, more elaborate storage drawers system a lot easier to work with. But, my idea was to have each of these chests set up to automatically sort by mod, then pumped from those chests to each set of drawers automatically. The only problem is, as soon as a chest is empty, it would stop working.

Accepting other alternative solutions here as well.

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
I don't even know how to ask this...

Is there a mod/item that will make an item stay in a chest, even if you are constantly pumping items out of it?

I just discovered the extra utilities mod sorting pipes and this could make my bigger, more elaborate storage drawers system a lot easier to work with. But, my idea was to have each of these chests set up to automatically sort by mod, then pumped from those chests to each set of drawers automatically. The only problem is, as soon as a chest is empty, it would stop working.

Accepting other alternative solutions here as well.
You could play with Inventory Checker from RF Tools, which can trigger signal if there is an item in the inventory...

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
You could play with Inventory Checker from RF Tools, which can trigger signal if there is an item in the inventory...

Ooh, I could make something like that work... I may not even need to go that far now that I think about it. I think there's a redstone component that can "weigh" the contents of a chest and can just shut off the power if one gets too low, then just keep a token stack in each chest to anchor it. Thanks for the inspiration! lol

Side question, what's the Extra utilities version of the BC wood pipe? How do I start pumping this stuff to begin with? I've only ever used buildcraft for pipes so far.

Edit: NM, transfer node it looks like. I skimmed past it before.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Oh? This can be done directly with storage drawers? I'll look into this. I assume it's an upgrade? I'm currently working on my inventory setup using this mod anyway. I didn't know it could also do that.

Edit: I'm not seeing any upgrades for that. Is it something that's automatic with the compacting drawers?
i think its a by default feature for storage drawers

Reactions: Drbretto

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I bet you dont want to use drawer controlers, do you? because thes sort the items as long as they are connected to a set of drawers

No, I am using them. But, i'm trying to use them in sections, and I'm trying to set it up so, for example, next time I pick up a new thaumcraft item, I want it to make a new entry in the thaumcraft section, not pick a random empty space. So, the idea here is to use these mod sorters to presort by mod, then dump from each mod chest into a separate section of storage drawers.

But, I put a lot of work into it last night. It just won't work. I'll want to keep several mods together and without some kind of mod that lets you perma-reserve slots in a chest it's just not practical. So, I'm just using the mod sorters to help plan the overall scheme and will set everything up with a single drawer controller and adjust as I go along.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
@Drbretto Do you have logistics pipes in your pack? If so you may want to try and use that. Its been a long time but I seem to remember it having a way to leave items behind. And if that doesn't work I know it has built in methods to sort items based on mod.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Wait a minute! If I pump them directly into drawer controllers instead of intermediary chests, that might do that totally automatically!I cannot believe that didn't occur to me until just now! I'm way overthinking it.

@Drbretto Do you have logistics pipes in your pack? If so you may want to try and use that. Its been a long time but I seem to remember it having a way to leave items behind. And if that doesn't work I know it has built in methods to sort items based on mod.

It in my pack, but I don't even know exactly what it is there for yet. I'll tackle that stuff a bit later and I'm sure it will help me make it more efficient.

H

Hurst_Quayzar

Playing Sky Factory 3 through the Curse Log-in. How or when does the game do a "Back up" file? Is there a way I can back-up a new file when I want? Went looking last night in the Curse launcher and browsing the net to find an easier way. Thanks.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Playing Sky Factory 3 through the Curse Log-in. How or when does the game do a "Back up" file? Is there a way I can back-up a new file when I want? Went looking last night in the Curse launcher and browsing the net to find an easier way. Thanks.
I was hoping to provide you a bit more detail but I'm busy atm. The mod you're looking for is probably AromaBackup. If that's the one doing the backups, yes you can force-backup via a command (which I cannot remember off the top of my head sadly)

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/aromabackup