Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GamerwithnoGame

Forum Addict
Jan 29, 2015
I'm crafting stuff atm so some is missing, but I wanna know if I'm doing it right...

I'm doing "Design 1", 11x11x3.
I have 2 questions:
1)seeing how the liquid ender is 3 blocks tall, what do I put on top of it on the roof, the glass? the casing? and how do I fill every block with liquid ender? i cant fill spots that arent adjacent to walls
2)the 3x3 cube in the angles are just air? or casing? if it's air like it seems from the design, then how do I make the ender not spill?
The roof needs to be either reactor glass or reactor casing. And you definitely can fill spots - you can either fill in most of the roof and place the fluid "against" the underside of the blocks, or fill in with a bit of cobble and place against that, then remove it. Remember that because liquid Ender flows down (and because you don't need source blocks, flowing is fine), you only need to place the top layer! :)

It is air, but you can fill it with anything, glass or whatever, as it doesn't matter. It doesn't make a difference if the liquid Ender spills within the reactor either! And here's why: because of the way the mechanics work, the mod ONLY takes the blocks directly to north, south, east or west of the fuel rod blocks into account! Diagonals don't matter to a given fuel rod.

Wait, just adding more coolant gives you more power for free?!?
Yep! Well, not for free - the bigger reactor casing costs more resources ;) but that aside, yes - more RF for the same fuel rods.

leosky

Jul 29, 2019
The roof needs to be either reactor glass or reactor casing. And you definitely can fill spots - you can either fill in most of the roof and place the fluid "against" the underside of the blocks, or fill in with a bit of cobble and place against that, then remove it. Remember that because liquid Ender flows down (and because you don't need source blocks, flowing is fine), you only need to place the top layer! :)

It is air, but you can fill it with anything, glass or whatever, as it doesn't matter. It doesn't make a difference if the liquid Ender spills within the reactor either! And here's why: because of the way the mechanics work, the mod ONLY takes the blocks directly to north, south, east or west of the fuel rod blocks into account! Diagonals don't matter to a given fuel rod.

Yep! Well, not for free - the bigger reactor casing costs more resources ;) but that aside, yes - more RF for the same fuel rods.
What about the 4 areas in the angles, do I just fill em with casing?

GamerwithnoGame

Forum Addict
Jan 29, 2015
What about the 4 areas in the angles, do I just fill em with casing?
Like I said, you can leave them air, or fill them with glass or anything that is allowed in the interior of the reactor; I would go with glass if you want to fill them. NOT reactor casing, as I suspect that will not be acceptable when it comes to the structure completing.

leosky

Jul 29, 2019
Like I said, you can leave them air, or fill them with glass or anything that is allowed in the interior of the reactor; I would go with glass if you want to fill them. NOT reactor casing, as I suspect that will not be acceptable when it comes to the structure completing.
I find it kind of impossible to fill in the ender liquid in the areas with adjacent colums, I tried sealing them with cobblestone and doing one column by one but the moment I break the cobble to fill one that is adjacent to an already-filled-column, it just gets inundated and it's impossible to see if and where to drop the bucket. aarrrrg

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Flowing is good. All you need to do is place it in the top layer. You don't need columns of it. Just place a single source one the top and let gravity do the work.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Playing fine all day yesterday. Today, it will not load. First try, my PC actually crashed. Ever since, the game crashes while loading at the same point every time. The last mod shown before the crash is forge multipart, which I can't even delete. The Curse client puts them back every time.

Since I logged out normally last night and did nothing but turn the PC on this morning, it likely curse client is the problem. What's the easiest way to run my game without the launcher?

Edit: NM, looks like I was allocating too much RAM. Which is still weird because it worked fine yesterday, but that's overkill anyway

Last edited:

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Playing fine all day yesterday. Today, it will not load. First try, my PC actually crashed. Ever since, the game crashes while loading at the same point every time. The last mod shown before the crash is forge multipart, which I can't even delete. The Curse client puts them back every time.

Since I logged out normally last night and did nothing but turn the PC on this morning, it likely curse client is the problem. What's the easiest way to run my game without the launcher?

Edit: NM, looks like I was allocating too much RAM. Which is still weird because it worked fine yesterday, but that's overkill anyway
I'm going to answer this anyway. MultiMC is a lightweight way to launch packs and maintain multiple packs/worlds with ease. I moved away from Curse launcher because Curse adds it's own Java arguments which conflict with a set that work quite well for me. Also, due to my limited computing resources being so precious to me, having less of them tied up in a launcher only seemed logical. I do use the Curse launcher to edit and maintain my packs, but MultiMC wins when I actually want to play.

Reactions: Alexiy

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I don't use curse cause I like it. It's just how I did it the first time.

It still isn't working. I thought it was the ram, but long story short, it isn't.

I am installing Ubuntu now. Will copy over the world and the mods and all that and try this all over again.

Edit: OK, Ubuntu is a step too far. But, I did migrate everything over to MultiMC. Working like a charm.

Last edited:

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I don't use curse cause I like it. It's just how I did it the first time.

It still isn't working. I thought it was the ram, but long story short, it isn't.

I am installing Ubuntu now. Will copy over the world and the mods and all that and try this all over again.

Edit: OK, Ubuntu is a step too far. But, I did migrate everything over to MultiMC. Working like a charm.
What graphics card are you using? There was an issue with one of the recent Nvidia drivers that crashed MC during loading process. Most recent one works though so maybe update?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
AMD R9 390. I've tried up to date and rolled back drivers. No fix. But I switched it over to MultiMC and everything is stable. The only thing left is the recording. PlaysTV is the only one out there that doesn't lag the hell out of my PC, but it won't run anymore. The AMD drivers come with a new one called ReLive, which will totally let me record with zero lag, 40 FPS with shaders and all that. But, only in windowed mode, so I have that stupid bar on the top. If I go full screen, it just records my desktop background.

I tried OBS, just like all other 3rd party recording software, it brings me down to 7 FPS.

T

tatfortit69

i'm looking to make the tier 6 blood altar, but i need some advise how to get the crystal cluster!! i'm playin' SF3, any link's would be most helpfull!!

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
I don't think it's currently possible to legitimately get the crystal clusters in 1.10, so a tier 6 altar is impossible for now.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
i'm looking to make the tier 6 blood altar, but i need some advise how to get the crystal cluster!! i'm playin' SF3, any link's would be most helpfull!!
I don't think it's currently possible to legitimately get the crystal clusters in 1.10, so a tier 6 altar is impossible for now.
mhm not possible in 1.10 unless u have one specific blood magic addon(sanguinmancy?) there was mention of a config in the addon that enabled some t6 stuff(no clue what besides clusters)

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using an RFTools Builder Block as a quarry in the Deep Dark (standard quarry shape card, filling empty blocks with dirt). I have set the shape card to void Cobble and Dirt. It is voiding Dirt, but not Cobble.

Why is the shape card's voiding options not working for Cobble? I tried turning on Oredict, but it doesn't help.

SirDoctorOfTardis

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using an RFTools Builder Block as a quarry in the Deep Dark (standard quarry shape card, filling empty blocks with dirt). I have set the shape card to void Cobble and Dirt. It is voiding Dirt, but not Cobble.

Why is the shape card's voiding options not working for Cobble? I tried turning on Oredict, but it doesn't help.
Have you tried putting in smooth stone?

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Have you tried putting in smooth stone?
If memory serves, this is the right answer. The card determines which mineable blocks are voided rather than which resulting blocks are voided.

Reactions: Benie76
X

XenizedKitsune

New FTB player here, I'm at a COMPLETE loss on how to set up, well ANYTHING. The wikis haven't been helpful either, they keep talking about the FTB Launcher, which apparently predates this Curse client. Not even sure if this is the right thread for this, but could someone help me set up FTB with this new client?
(FYI, I've installed the curse client from the main site and made a curse account, so that step's done I think.)