Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Using only build craft pipes and not a diamond pipe.

If I have a run of pipe connected to other pipes and inventories.

Is there a type of pipe that uses this logic for an item?
"If inventory will accept this item, send item to that inventory OTHERWISE continue on."

A cobble pipe would apply this logic: "If inventory will accept this item, send item to that inventory OR 50/50 chance send on to next segment of pipe."

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
They're called insertion pipes, and were once part of a Buildcraft addon that is no longer being maintained nowadays.

However, because of their popularity, Thermal Expansion brings them back in 1.5.x. Doesn't help your current 1.4.7 worls, but you get to look forward to updating more now :p In the meantime, diamond pipes remain the only other pipe with this functionality.

Reactions: Fuzzlewhumper

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Good deal then. I'll happily use TE's pipe on that one. Helps considerably knowing how I'm going to organize a storage room now.

Nebuchadnezzar

Jul 29, 2019
Do empty routers next to empty Item Tessaracts generate lag?
Does full routers next to full chests (trying to fill them) cause lag?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
The multifarm consumes water for every block worked. How much, that depends on the biome you placed it in (temperature and humidity), as well as the time since the last rainfall. The green tab on the right breaks all the multipliers down for you to check out, as well as the resulting total. If that value is 100%, then you need exactly the amount of water per block worked as the Forestry wiki specifies for that farm type. If it's higher or lower, you'll either need more or less.

How much exactly you need can be seen by mousing over the farm type symbols around the circuit board slot.

MonthOLDpickle

Jul 29, 2019
20*4 = 80.....says need 50% more. Can I just connect another valve?

Also I ran oak through a reader and got apple oak saplings will it work?

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
The multifarm consumes water for every block worked. How much, that depends on the biome you placed it in (temperature and humidity), as well as the time since the last rainfall. The green tab on the right breaks all the multipliers down for you to check out, as well as the resulting total. If that value is 100%, then you need exactly the amount of water per block worked as the Forestry wiki specifies for that farm type. If it's higher or lower, you'll either need more or less.

How much exactly you need can be seen by mousing over the farm type symbols around the circuit board slot.

Wow, cool. Question: Is there a list of how much each Temp/Humidity setting affects the Soil & Hydration consumption values? I wager that Normal/Normal would be a 1/1 modifier, but how much does each +1Temp/+1Humidity affect stuff? Also, how much time between rains does it require for max efficiency? Knowing these values, one could set up a Raintank, gate, a turtle and a Rainmaker in order to force rain every X amount of time from the last time it rained. Raintank outputting into a waterproof void pipe, gate set to detect if there's liquid in inventory, sending a redstone signal to the turtle, with a command to insert a Dissipation Charge (stops rain) if it receives a redstone signal, then wait for X amount of time and insert a rain charge to force rain, unless it detects rain before X amounts of time pass, at which point it stops the timer. You would have small bursts of rain every now and then, but no rains outside of those your turtle makes. Which only lasts a couple seconds, and boost your farm, awesome.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
The boiler will consume a blaze rod every 3.16 seconds (LP) or 1.58 seconds (HP). If your spawner supplies that, then yes.

Heatup stage, however, is impossible. You'll have to stockpile a large amount upfront to make it into the high temperature regions.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
They're called insertion pipes, and were once part of a Buildcraft addon that is no longer being maintained nowadays.

However, because of their popularity, Thermal Expansion brings them back in 1.5.x. Doesn't help your current 1.4.7 worls, but you get to look forward to updating more now :p In the meantime, diamond pipes remain the only other pipe with this functionality.

Must disagree. ABO(as well as ABP) are still around and kicking.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/682821-151bc35x103-additional-buildcraft-objects/

;)

Chre903

Jul 29, 2019
Can a T5 Blaze spawner constantly fuel a 36 capacity steam boiler indefinitely if it's always on?

This is 1 of the worst ways to Generate Infinite Power.
Someone has to be near the Spawner for it to run (128 Blocks but closer is much better). And of course, i could not think of a way to Generate Power that is more Laggy than this. (OK, i mean a Way without Redpower!)

Reactions: Greyed

Sam6555

Jul 29, 2019
Someone has to be near the Spawner for it to run (128 Blocks but closer is much better). And of course, i could not think of a way to Generate Power that is more Laggy than this. (OK, i mean a Way without Redpower!)
No-one has to be near. It's a T5. Is there a less laggy way to kill Blaze other than dropping them in water? I could do some MFFS thing, but I've never messed with MFFS so that's out.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
No-one has to be near. It's a T5. Is there a less laggy way to kill Blaze other than dropping them in water? I could do some MFFS thing, but I've never messed with MFFS so that's out.
The blazes will spawn when you're not near it, but they'll instantly despawn if you're not within 128 blocks. I believe you can get around this by having it chunk loaded in a dimension no one is in (i.e. a mystcraft age no one visits), but in general soul shards don't quite work as advertised.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
The blazes will spawn when you're not near it, but they'll instantly despawn if you're not within 128 blocks. I believe you can get around this by having it chunk loaded in a dimension no one is in (i.e. a mystcraft age no one visits), but in general soul shards don't quite work as advertised.
If you're still instantly killing them it doesn't matter.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
Soul Shards. Tier 3 and above don't require players nearby. All you need is a chunk loader (or even just a single spot loader). And I can think of a few ways to do it without requiring anything from RedPower at all.

Edit: Whoops, ninja'd.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Soul Shards. Tier 3 and above don't require players nearby. All you need is a chunk loader (or even just a single spot loader).

They don't require player nearby according to normal spawner mechanics, i.e. monsters will only spawn if there is a player closer than 16 blocks from the spawner. However it doesn't block despawning mechanics, i.e. mob despawn if closest player is more than 128 blocks from it. You can circumvent it by placing soul shard in a dimension where there are no players, because for despawning there has to be at least one player in a given world.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
Supposedly, ShadwDrgn tweaked the mobs spawned by Tier 3 and above spawners, keeping them from despawning. So if mobs from those spawners aren't sticking around to be killed, it's a bug.