Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Jul 29, 2019
What is the best way to quickly get copper? I might have to go mining but there might be some neat trick i am unaware of :)
Do not suggest bees (as i havent started with those yet) or centrifuging lava (it takes around 12 minutes per process.....)

Peeta

Jul 29, 2019
What is the best way to quickly get copper? I might have to go mining but there might be some neat trick i am unaware of :)
Do not suggest bees (as i havent started with those yet) or centrifuging lava (it takes around 12 minutes per process.....)
Couple of options.
1. Quarry, copper is right near the top layers so you can break and replace quarry elsewhere when it reaches ~Y40.
2. Vanilla caving. Grab yourself a jetpack and a drill and search around Y45 for copper.
3. Bees (lol)
4. Lava centrifuging takes about 8 and a third minutes actually ^_^
Besides that, I'm not really sure =\

Jul 29, 2019
Couple of options.
1. Quarry, copper is right near the top layers so you can break and replace quarry elsewhere when it reaches ~Y40.
2. Vanilla caving. Grab yourself a jetpack and a drill and search around Y45 for copper.
3. Bees (lol)
4. Lava centrifuging takes about 8 and a third minutes actually ^_^
Besides that, I'm not really sure =\
4) no sir, it takes 750 seconds, which is 12.5 minutes

Jul 29, 2019
No, actually, it takes 500 seconds. You can pipe lava in directly to the centrifuge, I suspect you're thinking of the lava cell centrifuging recipe. (I'm talking about Ultimate 1.4.7 for reference).
aha! i did not know you could pipe it directly (i was in fact talking about the can/cell recipe)
thanks for that

Reactions: Peeta

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Tested again with a manual and managed farm and for naught. Still doesn't harvest it :/

That's a shame. Guess I'll just have to go and nag Sengir about it! ;)

I really like the multifarms and would use them more, except that I tend to make do with small amounts where other people splurge. I guess I'm just not used to permanent mass production. As such, I'm always looking for things that might occupy another quarter of a multifarm and produce something other than what even a simple hand-planted field will have coming out of your ears (food, netherwart, cactus, mushrooms? seriously!). Some of the IC2 crops have interesting (and sometimes unique) produce... I know I certainly wouldn't mind a legit way to obtain enderpearls that didn't involve a mob grinder. Probably one of my least favorite 'creative use of game mechanics' in Minecraft as a whole, mostly because it shreds my suspension of disbelief.

Ah well. Tomorrow I'll once again have my desktop machine available to me. I'll make a quick attempt to independently confirm your findings, and then take a petition to the Lord of the Forest. Worst that can happen is that I'll have to rely on GregTech for automating that part...

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Ah well. Tomorrow I'll once again have my desktop machine available to me. I'll make a quick attempt to independently confirm your findings, and then take a petition to the Lord of the Forest. Worst that can happen is that I'll have to rely on GregTech for automating that part...
Out of curiosity; why not rely on MFR?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I've never used MFR at all, to be honest. It doesn't seem to add much new; it's main feature seems to be that it does what other mods already do, except cheaper, faster and better. Now I'm cautious to form an opinion on a mod I haven't played with, but from reading the forums I have simply not seen much of appeal. It uses mechanics like mob grinders and bonemeal spamming tree farms that do not sit well with the sense of immersion I'm looking for in my worlds. And, again with a disclaimer about hearsay, it looks unbelievably broken to me.

Maybe I'll try it one day, but it'll have to offer me something I want that I can't get elsewhere. And seeing how powercrystal's approach to gameplay is in many areas completely different from mine, I'm not holding my breath. Not saying it's a bad mod, but it doesn't fit my style.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
What can the new pipes be used for?
Emerald lets you pick things out without having a Chest>wooden pipe> Diamond pipe> loop back into chest.
What does the blue and red ones do?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I have a Cherry Sapling ran through the reader thing..produces cherry - how do I make it produce apples?
Can't say as I know for sure, as I haven't messed with tree breeding, but I would guess plant your cherry tree near an apiary (If I'm not mistaken, Imperial bees work well) and a vanilla Oak tree, whack any leaves that eventually change color with a Grafter (warning: there may still be a bug where the last use of a grafter won't drop a sapling), and run the resulting saplings through your Treealyzer again.
One of them might eventually show Apples instead of Cherries.

On the other hand, why bother? Vanilla Oak trees produce apples. You might even be able to analyze an oak sapling to get a Forestry Apple Oak sapling, which might be harvestable in Manual Orchard multifarms, like cherries.

Then again, you might do better by making a Walnut or Chestnut tree grow apples (if they even support apples (might be the Pomes fruit type)), or breeding the 2x2 or 3x3 trunk size trait into your apple trees, to give you more leaves, for more fruit.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Simple question: is this what they call "having your head in the clouds"?
2013-05-14_15.41.47.png

Reactions: Whovian

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
ok so i have one more for the experts :)

i have 6 farms in a vertical line as seen in the pic, i have a combine towards the bottom. I had 7 farms but thought it was to much when the issue im having occured. ive disconnected the combine so i know its not that and i think i narrowed it down to the farms doing this. a block keeps disappearing and i try to replace it and it breaks, its happening right at the water hole, no where else on the farm only on the one side, on the top row. what is going on here? no other row except the top row is affected. Like i said i used to have 7 farms but this issue was happening so i took it out. if i unpower the top farms i have 5 then the 5th row looses a block in the same spot. also ive tried just putting a farm about the 6th one but with no dirt and that didnt work(was just a thought)

photoftb3_zps71772e06.png

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
ok so i have one more for the experts :)

i have 6 farms in a vertical line as seen in the pic, i have a combine towards the bottom. I had 7 farms but thought it was to much when the issue im having occured. ive disconnected the combine so i know its not that and i think i narrowed it down to the farms doing this. a block keeps disappearing and i try to replace it and it breaks, its happening right at the water hole, no where else on the farm only on the one side, on the top row. what is going on here? no other row except the top row is affected. Like i said i used to have 7 farms but this issue was happening so i took it out. if i unpower the top farms i have 5 then the 5th row looses a block in the same spot. also ive tried just putting a farm about the 6th one but with no dirt and that didnt work(was just a thought)

photoftb3_zps71772e06.png
I would suspect some problem with a farm trying to build and screwing up the one above it, but those farms are a bit buggy now that they're no longer maintained. It sucks to have a build go obsolete, but if the problem is really bugging you I'd just dump the whole system and move to a farming method that will still be compatible if you ever want to update your world. An MFR-based system is functionally pretty darn similar to those old forestry farms, so I'd recommend looking into that.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
How do I make a Hill Cherry-Apple Hybrid sapling into cherry that produces apples?
With patience and luck. Plant that sapling between your apples and cherries and use a grafter on all the changed leaves. One of them will hopefully have the relevant trait combination you are looking for (fruit: apples and yield: normal). I do remember correctly, that you only want to increase your apple yield and don't care, if that tree looks like a cherry or an oak?