Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. Can Pale Noles be stabilized?
As in used in a node stabilizer? Yes, any node can. But it cannot be "healed" in an advanced node stabiizer. Only fading and unstable can be "healed".

Edit: I just learned an interesting thing while looking at the wiki. Apparently, the bully node has a small chance of being upgraded. That is, it can go "from pale to normal to bright" (quote from http://thaumcraft-4.wikia.com/wiki/Nodes).

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Is there a way to get vacuous into the arcane crafting table? No wand I know of can contain anything but primals but I need vacuous for making a void jar in Infinity expert.
I'd guess (I've not got to this point) the vaccous will pull from aer and perdito, but if not this is likely an oversight by the FTB team, as wands can only hold primal vis.
Thanks. Can Pale Noles be stabilized?
Yes... I would avoid trying to stabilize a fading node as these nodes will eventually die. Pale just means slower aspect regen.
Fading nodes don't regen vis, they only lose it should another node bully it out of them, or someone drains it's vis via a wand. They can be healed if you stablise them (like with Unstables, which will eventually die on their own), with a greater chance of this happening if the stabliser is of the advanced variety.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Is there a way to get vacuous into the arcane crafting table? No wand I know of can contain anything but primals but I need vacuous for making a void jar in Infinity expert.
Are u sure its asking for it to be done in an arcane worktable and not to be infused in the infusion altar . there is no slot on the arcane worktable for non primal aspects minetweaker cant change that thats far more complicated , infusion on the other hand can accept any aspect and the aspects can something has can be tweaked at will though.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I checked the script myself, It does put in vaccous.
found change log for 2.10 infinity evolved this bit is highly relevent to the vaccous bit
" -Fixed Void jar recipe (Removed vaccous that was previously in recipe and changed the void ingot to an ender air bottle)"

San

Jul 29, 2019
How do you create the Crafty Crate from botania? My lexicon doesn't have an entry for it and I can't find it anywhere online

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
The crafty crate is post-alfheim as it needs dreamwood. Get yourself an Alfheim edition of the lexicon and it should have it.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing Regrowth pack and am about to enter the energy production phase. Now, given the unlocked recipes and whatnot I cannot do any of the Energy Cells to store energy. This is relevant as it irkes me to waste energy, and since the only available engines are Railcraft and Buildcraft engines, turning them off just makes the stored energy be wasted along with the fuel.

I'm very pampered with the MFR harvester/planter setup where it is so independent, that any waste doesn't bother me (too much). So I guess what I am asking is: having just unlocked the Refinery quest, what possible automations are available to me to not have to go chop trees to shove some charcoal into the machines by hand?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a list of wands showing the amount of Vis it can hold?
You mean, see how much a wand core can hold by default? The wiki should have that information. If you craft the scepter with a certain wand core you get +50% of what the basic wand would hold.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Yes, but I was looking for something like a cheat sheet to tell me what all the wands held all in one listing.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to "Make" a Node...sort of like a pseudo-Node?
Only with cheats. A good alternative (besides node bullying) is to get yourself a hungry node and feed it with items/blocks that have the aspects you want it to have. Read about them, as I believe throwing stacks of items at it is not as effective as throwing 1 item at a time.