Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
If you mean the thaumatorium ash, yes anything that heats a cruicible works to heat that.

If you have botania, pylons of any variety, mystical mushrooms (any colour), and glimmering and floating flowers (but not functional/generting ones) all count for instablity reducton. If you have both a botania flower farm and a mushroom farm, mystical mushrooms are very cheap to use.
mystical mushrooms work for infusion stabilty? ......... i spent all that glowstone for glimmering flowers when i did not have tooo ....:(

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
for someone who plays mods so much, you would think i knew a BIT more about thaumcraft.

I placed my golem next to a chest, I clicked the golem with the bell, then I clicked the chest.
Gave it a gathering core, dropped some items, and it started to pick them up, but didn't put them in the chest :(

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
for someone who plays mods so much, you would think i knew a BIT more about thaumcraft.

I placed my golem next to a chest, I clicked the golem with the bell, then I clicked the chest.
Gave it a gathering core, dropped some items, and it started to pick them up, but didn't put them in the chest :(
You probably need to place the golem directly ON the side of the chest. You'll need to shift-click so it won't just open the chest's GUI.

Malrama

Jul 29, 2019
Where can I find all the changelogs for FTB Infinity Evolved? Like for Version 2.0.0. On the Curse side, I just can find the most resent one, which is for 2.0.2.

Thank you for your help. I really would like to see all the changes that has been made for FTB Infinity.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Is there a way to accurately detect node in the area other than to use a Thaumometer or Goggles of Revealing?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to accurately detect node in the area other than to use a Thaumometer or Goggles of Revealing?
For normal nodes, Thaumometer and Goggles (or cross-mod variants of the goggles) are the only way.

However, using a Sinister Lodestone can point you to the nearest chunk-loaded sinister node. The item lights up if you are pointing in the right direction.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Actually, nodes (at least in tc4) are blocks, and are very barely visible even at day. At night they emit light, and are often visible due to this.

That said your best chance of learning what node it is, is with the thaumometer or goggles, although some nodes also tend to have giveaway characteristics, such as sinisters converting the nearby biome to eeriee (EDIT: although this can pinpoint the nodes x/z (center of the eerie biome), the y could be anywhere), or hungry nodes eating nearby blocks.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
The problem is, I set up massive Quarries and I don't want to lose any nodes. I'm trying to use Node Bullying to create a Master Energized Node to power all TC devices I'd build and recharge my wands. Also, will I need one or two Master Nodes? Should I have one Energized and one Non-Energized?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
For the charging of staves, many smaller nodes is better, as they'll recharge faster than one big node. I'd say you want one big one for energizing though. Once energised it can't be used like a normal node either.

If you quarrying, you are bound to accidently hit nodes, as they can occur underground. But if you really are concerned, a quick sweep of hte quarry locaton before starting the quarry at night should show you the nodes on the surface.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Got rid of all surface nodes, so will stop the Quarry when it goes far enough so I can scan underground.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Underground nodes only spawn in caves just so you are aware so if there are any visible on the surface you might wanna spelunk for them if you that desparate not to hit one (although in all honesty underground nodes are much rarer than surface ones).

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Where can I find all the changelogs for FTB Infinity Evolved? Like for Version 2.0.0. On the Curse side, I just can find the most resent one, which is for 2.0.2.

Thank you for your help. I really would like to see all the changes that has been made for FTB Infinity.
I don't think there is one. The change log would be rather large.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
I can't use the left click with World Edit compass, as seen in this video from 04:00

It's supposed to do the same as the command "jumpto", but it does nothing. The "jumtp command works though.

What can be the problem?

morlock76

Jul 29, 2019
On FTB Infinity Expert Mode, certain wood types get unusable for sticks and chests.
Could work with oak at the start, then not any more. Birch was usable, now not any more.
Can't find any documentation related to that ... anyone got the same effect? Thank you.

Texaporta

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to get vacuous into the arcane crafting table? No wand I know of can contain anything but primals but I need vacuous for making a void jar in Infinity expert.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
On FTB Infinity Expert Mode, certain wood types get unusable for sticks and chests.
Could work with oak at the start, then not any more. Birch was usable, now not any more.
Can't find any documentation related to that ... anyone got the same effect? Thank you.

I haven't noticed that issue. But I do know that other wood/tree types need to be used in the sawmill in order to get planks. Once you do get the planks it looks like you can craft with them like normal. BTW: there is also a boost for using the sawmill as well you get 6 planks per log.

Reactions: morlock76

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I haven't noticed that issue. But I do know that other wood/tree types need to be used in the sawmill in order to get planks. Once you do get the planks it looks like you can craft with them like normal. BTW: there is also a boost for using the sawmill as well you get 6 planks per log.
I've had a bug like this before. Relog, reload minetweaker scripts. Assuming this is vanilla wood.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Reactions: morlock76