Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
You could prime each barrel with one item of the type for that barrel. Thats the normal way to set up barrel walls. Any barrels that are not primed will end up with something random in them, so you will probably end up with loads and loads of cobblestone and dirt barrels if you pipe a quarry into it.
That leads to my next question, haha. How would I separate out cobble stone and other items after they get pulled out of the filter and go into a void pipe?

I put in some iron bars to see if items would round the corner, and they did, but they each filled their own barrel, and didn't go in to one barrel. Why's this?

Reactions: Chre903

Chre903

Jul 29, 2019
That leads to my next question, haha. How would I separate out cobble stone and other items after they get pulled out of the filter and go into a void pipe?

I put in some iron bars to see if items would round the corner, and they did, but they each filled their own barrel, and didn't go in to one barrel. Why's this?

Filtering with a Router system is only possibly before they get into the Router. Like puting a Filter/Sorting Machine on the Tube before the Router to Sort things like that out.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Filtering with a Router system is only possibly before they get into the Router. Like puting a Filter/Sorting Machine on the Tube before the Router to Sort things like that out.

Actually, if you have all the barrels primed and something comes into the router that has nowhere to go (either no barrel or full barrel) you can use an autarchic gate (set to pulse on full inventory) to move the item out of the router elsewhere, like in the picture here that sends excess bee products into my main sorting system.

The router sends the items into the barrels quick enough that the gate will only trigger if something gets stuck in the router.

barrel.jpg

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
That's what I have now, I have the cobblestone getting filtered before it enters the router, but it's EXTREMLY slow and one takes one item at a time.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
are you using transposers? use filters they can move stacks at a time.
I have an Enderchest that is getting it's contents pulled out by a wooden pipe into a diamond pipe that separates the cobble, and what doesn't get separated going into a normal chest that connects to the filter that's connected to the router.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
I have an Enderchest that is getting it's contents pulled out by a wooden pipe into a diamond pipe that separates the cobble, and what doesn't get separated going into a normal chest that connects to the filter that's connected to the router.

What engine have you got on the pipe? autarchic gates are pretty quick and I think will be updated at some point to be able to pull stacks, you could also have more than one wooden pipe on the chest to speed things up.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
What engine have you got on the pipe? autarchic gates are pretty quick and I think will be updated at some point to be able to pull stacks, you could also have more than one wooden pipe on the chest to speed things up.
Just a standard redstone engine. I don't know of an engine that pulls out full stacks, though.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Just a standard redstone engine. I don't know of an engine that pulls out full stacks, though.

There isn't one yet, but at some future update autarchic gates will. An autarchic gate is made in an assembly table and fits to the pipe and acts as an engine and is much quicker than a redstone engine. You can put other more powerful engines onto a wooden pipe too but they'd need fuel. If you don't like either of them ideas you cold put another 3 redstone engines around the wooden pipe as that will speed it up too.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
There isn't one yet, but at some future update autarchic gates will. An autarchic gate is made in an assembly table and fits to the pipe and acts as an engine and is much quicker than a redstone engine. You can put other more powerful engines onto a wooden pipe too but they'd need fuel. If you don't like either of them ideas you cold put another 3 redstone engines around the wooden pipe as that will speed it up too.
Thanks, I'll do that. I still don't understand why my items don't stack in one barrel. If I place 3 iron bars into my ender pouch and they go through the system to the router, the bars go to 3 separate barrels and not a single barrel with 3 bars in it. I don't understand it. I even tried declaring one barrel then running the other 2 bars through and they still went their separate ways.

EDIT; I just put in about 24 redwood logs and every single one of them went to a different barrel.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I'll do that. I still don't understand why my items don't stack in one barrel. If I place 3 iron bars into my ender pouch and they go through the system to the router, the bars go to 3 separate barrels and not a single barrel with 3 bars in it. I don't understand it. I even tried declaring one barrel then running the other 2 bars through and they still went their separate ways.

EDIT; I just put in about 24 redwood logs and every single one of them went to a different barrel.

It's how routers work they spread things into each available inventory. Prime your barrels by putting one of each thing in them, and then block the other barrels by putting a wooden button (or something esle that's never going to come in through your sorting system) in them.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
It's how routers work they spread things into each available inventory. Prime your barrels by putting one of each thing in them, and then block the other barrels by putting a wooden button (or something esle that's never going to come in through your sorting system) in them.
Alright thanks. Do you know if maze slimes can be captured in soul shards? I just wasted like 6 diamonds and am ticked off now because I have like 20 shards filled with useless mobs. EDIT, So I have to declare EVERY barrel I use with something? Or else items will spread and it will be messy?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Alright thanks. Do you know if maze slimes can be captured in soul shards? I just wasted like 6 diamonds and am ticked off now because I have like 20 shards filled with useless mobs. EDIT, So I have to declare EVERY barrel I use with something? Or else items will spread and it will be messy?
Generally yes. For corner barrels just put in something like grass. You could also do the same for all empty barrels.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
Generally yes. For corner barrels just put in something like grass. You could also do the same for all empty barrels.
I didn't think it would be this much work... Do you know of 4 general categories that all items in FTB could be classified into?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I didn't think it would be this much work... Do you know of 4 general categories that all items in FTB could be classified into?
Ores/metals/gems, blocks, farmables/organic, and random mod crap. That's about the best you'll do with 4 categories.