Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Yup everything is the same. I have been splicing them to be the exact same. Then i come back after a few hours and it seems sometimes one has a creeper effect, or lost its nocturnal nature.

Odd cause both triats on both bees are exactly the same?
Would you happen to use some weird frames from thaumic bees?

Because if not, then your installation is bugged somewhere.

If you breed two bees with the exact same traits and species, there should not be mutations.
There are a few exceptions to that rule, where some bees do breed with itself to produce a new species, but that is very rare occurrence (1 or 2 species in total I think).

An other point is to ask if you did use perfect quality serums, because lesser qualities do put weird traits on bees.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using a router with some barrels as a storage system but the barrels seem to be giving me some trouble. The router is putting items in there, but I don't know where they go, as I can't see them. The corners are just barrels filled with a single cobble stone. But I put in sticks and torches and other stuff and I can't SEE it on the face of the barrels and I wonder why they all don't show the item they contain because I manually put one in and it said it was in there yet displayed no item. How can I fix this?

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using a router with some barrels as a storage system but the barrels seem to be giving me some trouble. The router is putting items in there, but I don't know where they go, as I can't see them. The corners are just barrels filled with a single cobble stone. But I put in sticks and torches and other stuff and I can't SEE it on the face of the barrels and I wonder why they all don't show the item they contain because I manually put one in and it said it was in there yet displayed no item. How can I fix this?
Woe woe woe. Slow down there. Can you post some pictures?

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
I'm thinking the barrels are facing the wrong way, but some screenies would help.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Your barrels are facing the wrong way, and displaying the items on one of their sides covered by other blocks or on the back. Simply break them and replace them while standing in front of the barrel, facing the direction where your barrel wall is.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having some trouble with my boiler setup. I have a SC farm chopping wood into a sawmill and then into a boiler. The SC farm is just not keeping up. AT ALL. The boiler isn't fully heated up but the farm should be keeping up. Shouldn't it?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I'm having some trouble with my boiler setup. I have a SC farm chopping wood into a sawmill and then into a boiler. The SC farm is just not keeping up. AT ALL. The boiler isn't fully heated up but the farm should be keeping up. Shouldn't it?
Unless you had a large backlog (8-9k logs) then no it won't from startup. At least from what I remember ._.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Well. That sucks. I have to keep babysitting it. So annoying.[DOUBLEPOST=1367112447][/DOUBLEPOST]When is it full heated up? 500? Mines currently at 300 something. How much less wood does it eat once it's full heated up?

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
A 36HP would require a bit less than a sawmill (full time), and a LP one would build up reserves at an alarming rate.

Basically, if your boiler seems not to be full time consuming wood, as long as it still heats up, you are good.
Afterwards, if the wood input is the same, you will have more wood than you know what to do with.

If you are not already, use the saw dust to make charcoal (auto-craft 8 in a chest patern, and cook that), and feed that charcoal to the boiler too, for a significant boost for every 8 logs in the sawmill.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
I have 36 LP boiler. My planks chest is full. The boiler is heating up and is filled with wood. But my hopper on top of my sawmill is almost completely empty. I keep refilling it manually. I guess it is working alright.

P.S Slay, this is Minecraftzombie, so you already know my setup. :)

TomT

Jul 29, 2019
Can I use Applied Energistics to keep a certain number of items supplied in an inventory like I can with a RP Manager?

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
I have 36 LP boiler. My planks chest is full. The boiler is heating up and is filled with wood. But my hopper on top of my sawmill is almost completely empty. I keep refilling it manually. I guess it is working alright.

P.S Slay, this is Minecraftzombie, so you already know my setup. :)
A 36 LP boiler is fully heated at 500°C. When at full heat it will need 66 planks (= 11 logs with a sawmill) per 125 seconds.
Place two or three stacking hoppers above the sawmill and let your pipes/tubes (for the refill with logs) connect to all of them. When the speed of SC was halved 1-2 months ago, the output of the farm is often bigger than 4 stacks of logs and the hopper needs a bit of time to funnel its contents down, resulting in some logs rejected by the hoppers, if you only connect the top one.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Can I use Applied Energistics to keep a certain number of items supplied in an inventory like I can with a RP Manager?

No, that is something AE cannot currently do. Unless you count the ME Interface, which can do this for itself (i.e. it will keep a specific number of items stocked inside itself). But you're probably looking to supply other inventories, so nope, no deal.

Use TC3 golems, RP2 managers, RP2 regulators or GregTech automation devices to fulfill that function.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019

How big is your sc farm? This is mine, it was not quite maintaining the wood level in my deep storage during heatup of my 36lp but is producing excess at full temp.

farm.jpg

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
No, that is something AE cannot currently do. Unless you count the ME Interface, which can do this for itself (i.e. it will keep a specific number of items stocked inside itself). But you're probably looking to supply other inventories, so nope, no deal.

Use TC3 golems, RP2 managers, RP2 regulators or GregTech automation devices to fulfill that function.

I believe it could be done using AE but it is quite convoluted and requires a separate ME subnetwork and level emmiters.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Oil needs to be burnt as liquid fuel in something that accepts and burns liquid fuel. The simplest generator that uses Oil is the Combustion Engine, which will produce BuildCraft power.

Combustion Engines explode if they aren't cooled properly, so you will also need to feed it a constant supply of water as well.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
With this set up, is it possible to have each wall be for a specific group of items? Like one wall would be ores, one would be organics.... things like that? Or should I just put everything in and let it find it's own way?
hjnjFqo.jpg

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
With this set up, is it possible to have each wall be for a specific group of items? Like one wall would be ores, one would be organics.... things like that? Or should I just put everything in and let it find it's own way?
You could prime each barrel with one item of the type for that barrel. Thats the normal way to set up barrel walls. Any barrels that are not primed will end up with something random in them, so you will probably end up with loads and loads of cobblestone and dirt barrels if you pipe a quarry into it.