Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

xXBloodGhostXx

Jul 29, 2019
I can create the world, but when i am going to create the world with Biomes o Plenty i got loading... screen and then jump out in my Main Menu...Da hell?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

I had some issues with 1.8.0_40... Crashed within 5 minutes in the first time since forever. Can't specifically pin it on the Java (it could have been the Infinity version at the time) except that when I went back to 0_25 I haven't crashed since.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I had some issues with 1.8.0_40... Crashed within 5 minutes in the first time since forever. Can't specifically pin it on the Java (it could have been the Infinity version at the time) except that when I went back to 0_25 I haven't crashed since.
there once was a java bug fixed in java 0_20 that caused a bug in forge to crash however this is a long time ago and should be fixed now

xXBloodGhostXx

Jul 29, 2019
@lenscas Lel, the Fun world generator mod doesn't make any sense, the bug is too like Biomes o plenty, just loading.....And then turn in to main menu and that's all...Damm :(

Jul 29, 2019
I mean that you level out the area in small plots and then use walls to "hold the earth" like you would in real life. Then build small staircases and ramps going from one terrace to another. In the end it will look amazing IMO.

As an example here is an early WIP picture of how I started levelling out the ground in my current world:
NSEt17C.png

U57jzPA.png

Some places I filled in a lot of dirt, and some places I dug out a lot of dirt to get the visuals I like. But in general I try and place the walls after the slops of the terrain.

Now it looks like this:
LIBb1Xk.png
What mod are those slanted blocks from? *the blocks used in the ramps and such*

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
What mod are those slanted blocks from? *the blocks used in the ramps and such*
Yeah it is from Carpenter's Blocks. The ones that are in 45 degree angles are Carpenter's Slopes. They are the bread and butter of building stuff. They have many different modes that allow for building diagonal etc.(like on the discs).
The ones used for the long ramps are Carpenter's Collapsible Blocks. The only work on horizontal surfaces but can be finely tuned to custom gradiants/curves. They are a PITA to use, but results can be awesome.

Reactions: Padfoote

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
On Enhanced Portals 3 (MC 1.6.4, Monster) there is (what I think) a bug where a portal cannot be closed even if you pull the plug. I've seen this happen in a previous server and I don't remember finding a way to solve it. I tried breaking the frame to rebuild it, but the portal remained there (had to break a portal with a pickaxe). I do not recall getting the portals working again.

In my case, I have a portal from the Nether to the Twilight Forest open but I can't open a portal going the opposite way; it says I cannot dial to a portal that is already active. The DBS is not consuming power and says I have 0 open portals.

Thanks for any assistance

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
On Enhanced Portals 3 (MC 1.6.4, Monster) there is (what I think) a bug where a portal cannot be closed even if you pull the plug. I've seen this happen in a previous server and I don't remember finding a way to solve it. I tried breaking the frame to rebuild it, but the portal remained there (had to break a portal with a pickaxe). I do not recall getting the portals working again.

In my case, I have a portal from the Nether to the Twilight Forest open but I can't open a portal going the opposite way; it says I cannot dial to a portal that is already active. The DBS is not consuming power and says I have 0 open portals.

Thanks for any assistance
The version of EP3 in Monster is rather well known as being particularly buggy. The mod was somewhat rewritten after after that version with new itemIDs, so updating it is not really straight forward either.

From what I remember the Monster version specifically had a bad bug where the portals would bug out if you dialled through the portals own GUI or something. I personally got around it by controlling the portals by redstone signals(and restarting the world every time I had configured a portal(s) through their GUI. But in the end eventually all my portals would crap out and just stop working no matter what.

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
What is botania's "Clayconia" referencing? I feel like I should know this, but I can't put my finger on it.