Ask a Silly Question, Get a Silly Answer

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Because of air attrition. We're slowly being worn away.

Why are the stars pinholes in the veil of space, through which dark and baleful madness stares into our realm?

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Actually that was meant to be a "period", but I like the way you think.

As for the answer to your question, and I am assuming that you meant "red" instead of "read":

The chess board after I have lost a game.

What is "The Game"?

Sent from my torture dungeon in the hills of Mumbai.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
What is "The Game"?
DAMN YOUUUUUU!!! *shakes fist at the sky*

As for the answer to your question, and I am assuming that you meant "red" instead of "read"
That's a funny one actually - that joke is really meant to be spoken rather than written, as "red" and "read" in that context are pronounced the same. Originally it was "read" - and the answer was Newspapers! Then people played on the homophone nature of red and read, and came up with answers that were counter to what people expected (i.e. newspaper) such as "a penguin with sunburn"! So it doesn't work as well when written ;)

Is darts a game, or a sport?

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
(You call 911...)

The real question is: "Is there a glass at all?"

"To be, or not to be" is that a question?

Sent from my torture dungeon in the hills of Mumbai.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Yes. I am not a native English speaker, but the literal translation of "wherefore" into Dutch would be "waarvoor", which often can be substituted with "waarom" (wherearound), which translates to "why".
However "waarvoor" is more specific than "waarom". "Waarvoor" means: "to what end" or "with what purpose".

EDIT: and I forgot the new question...
  • "Well I think it's fine, building jumbo planes or taking a ride on a cosmic train.
    Switch on summer from a slot machine."
  • "You roll on roads over fresh green grass for your lorryloads pumping petrol gas."
  • "You crack the sky, scrapers fill the air."
But tell me, where do the children play?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
(I had to Google this :) I don't know anything by or about Cat Stevens, apart from his current name, which for some reason I picked up from my dad...)

When the world has become a concrete jungle, in the playgrounds of the mind.

Why do players only love you when they're playing? Alternatively, why does it always rain on me?

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
When the rain washes you clean you'll know.
I couldn't for the life of me remember what song that was from even though I knew it was a song I really liked and really ought to know the lyrics by heart of.
I could remember the "Women they will cum until come and they will go" part, but that was it...

Fleetwood Mac... man, those people are legends.

What is love?
Do you want to build a snow man?