Ask a Silly Question, Get a Silly Answer

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Because the other person was looking for a link to an xkcd.

Why did you ask a silly question?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Very accurate, and yep, that's the one.

Well, based on his apparent ties to Russia, at least Trump's not likely to nuke them, and since nuking Russia would be slightly worse than nuking most any other country (since Russia has a lot of nukes), that's... not quite as terrifying as it could be... maybe... unless Putin is secretly controlling Trump, in which case we're all doomed.

Anyone agree with me in that the electoral college is stupid, out of date, and should be removed? Too late to give somebody else the presidency this year, of course, but the way the electoral college is set up, it gives more power to voters in small states (population-wise) than it does to voters in large states. That just seems unfair to voters in large states (and, while I try not to go all political on the forum here, my own political views seem to align better with those in urban areas than those in rural areas- so, since the electoral college favors rural states with low populations and political views I disagree with, I feel kinda shafted).

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be honest and say I'm very liberal... not quite Bernie sanders but close. His idea of health care reform scares the hell out of me. If it weren't for some of the reforms of Obamacare I would be facing about a $6000 hospital bill for 6 days in a psychiatric unit. His intolerance to so many groups is beyond appalling. His treatment of women and his flippant toward sexual assault (or as his dumb ass calls it "locker room talk") BEYOND pisses me off. And I will quote Steven Colbert answering a question on what he'd like to ask trump "what does putin's cock taste like?" Even our (meaning the us) allies are worried about him.

Basically that's why he scares me.

And yes. The electoral college is antiquated but I don't think basing anything on the populate vote is any better

Anyone got a good joke that isn't political?

Edit: pardon my rant.

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
R'lyehian. Actually to be fair, I don't think that's an entire language, just a few phrases.

Its also an interesting one that "language" and "script" are connected, but not inextricably tied. For example Tengwar, the script, is used to write both Elvish and the Dark Tongue of Mordor, even though the two languages are quite different I believe. There are many more examples in things like D&D as well.

Has anyone else ever come up with an artificial language or numbering system (even just a little bit), just for funsies?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I've attempted to associate Tengwar-like symbols to English phonemes in a way that makes more sense (to me, at least) than the association Tolkien created a couple of times, but I never wrote anything down and it was too much information to keep all in my head, so I never got very far.

I also came up with a way to represent numbers in base 16 using Tengwar-like symbols. Because hex is so much better than decimal...

Question?

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
(Comments:
1. I see a sea of C programs, see.
2. Acapella science: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTev4RNBiu6lqtx8z1e87fQ or start at
for a 5 minute introduction to string theory set to Bohemian Rhapsody.)
3. Java 2??? Even DVD players have a newer version than that :)
4. You probably don't know much about Cherokee. I believe it was the "code" language that was never cracked in world war 2 :).
)

> Question?
Answer.

Trump? TRUMP?!?

EDIT: How the bleep do you get a link to youtube, and *NOT* a video, on this forum, without going through a URL shortener?