Ask a complex Question, get a long Answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
C

chbachman

Question: Is there any way to disable wither sound effect when it is spawned. I created a grinder that kills one every 3 minutes and it is annoying both me and others on the server.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Question: Is there any way to disable wither sound effect when it is spawned. I created a grinder that kills one every 3 minutes and it is annoying both me and others on the server.
There is also a mod called Sound Control, but the mufflers would work better as this is on a server.
It's only a 90% reduction... but still, it's a big difference.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
There is also a mod called Sound Control, but the mufflers would work better as this is on a server.
It's only a 90% reduction... but still, it's a big difference.
could you make like a wall of them and it would drown the sound out almost completely?
like in this arrangement

m m m
m m m
m m m
m m m

the double space being an empty space and m being mufflers

C

chbachman

I mean the server side sound that is broadcast to all players... I already have a muffler in range

Reactions: RedBoss

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
I mean the server side sound that is broadcast to all players... I already have a muffler in range

Nope, you cant take that sound away.. Which is kind of lame.. But yeah.. Its not a focalized sound but like a warning to players that says "hey someone spawned a wither, get your ass to safety"

C

chbachman

Sound control does it nicely, i will include it in my pack for others to use.

Another question: is infinibows server side only?

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Sound control does it nicely, i will include it in my pack for others to use.

Another question: is infinibows server side only?

Yep.. But this doesnt go here, it goes on simple question simple answers.. Also, no, sound control cant affect wither serverwide alarm :p

C

chbachman

ok, sorry.
And sound control does work for the client, EVERYBODY ELSE CAN SUFFER!

C

chbachman

but im the same person... and i dont care if everybody else suffers as long as my ear drums arn't shattered

C

chbachman

well, yes but they can install the mod and then use that to stop thier ears from hurting. the mod can't stop the entire server's sound, but it can stop any players sound

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
well, yes but they can install the mod and then use that to stop thier ears from hurting. the mod can't stop the entire server's sound, but it can stop any players sound
Then yell at Dinnerbone to fix this shit. I mean, it's obviously his fault; since Notch took a backseat on MC Coding everything great has been from Jeb and everything shit is thanks to Dinnerbone, right?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ehm not to be negative or anything, but what exactly is it that we are supposed to get with this thread that we cant get with the "simple question, get a simple answer" thread? So far it has served the exact same purpose. Not really been any complex questions or long answers. And if people really have Complex questions, don't they open a separate thread for it?

So far its just been 2 threads filling the same purpose that we have to watch instead of one.

Reactions: Padfoote

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Ehm not to be negative or anything, but what exactly is it that we are supposed to get with this thread that we cant get with the "simple question, get a simple answer" thread? So far it has served the exact same purpose. Not really been any complex questions or long answers. And if people really have Complex questions, don't they open a separate thread for it?

So far its just been 2 threads filling the same purpose that we have to watch instead of one.
This one is meant for longer qeustions, which would help with cleanup if people saw this one instead of making a new thread.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
What are some of your unconventional tree farms? No mfr. No forestry.
Golems are fun, DW20 made one in his FC3 series and it made me realize how powerful golems are
Also there is the TiCO trick where you have as many treees together as possible then chop one log.