Ask a complex Question, get a long Answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Actually there is a chunk reloading missile. One of those babies will destroy the tree, and regen ores!
The Rejuvination missile is crazy cool, some black magic coding for sure. No promise that it'll remove the tree; it can restore a chunk but it doesn't reset it; things you have built do not vanish if hit by this thing. Plus it's a chunk, as in 1. Seeing as this tree is about a hundred or so chunks at the top... That's 100 or so missiles/bombs. And these aren't exactly cheap. Nothing using RotaryCraft to process ores with couldn't handle, but still, it's not cheap.[DOUBLEPOST=1395778945][/DOUBLEPOST]
I saw in the Tinker's Construct changelog that a new version of the smeltery using the Nether materials from Natura is available on the newest version of TiCo. Has anyone played with it already? What changes, and how it's used? Haven't got the time to actually play the game but i'm curious to see what has changed, how do you build it, etc... But haven't found info about it on the internetz. Yes, i googled it... Several times with several different search queries.
It's basically a smeltery made from soul sand, gravel, and heat sand(or some mix like that); still has to be smelted in a furnace first(the grout I mean), still needs all the normal parts, and still works the same way*.

*Probably. Haven't tested it myself once I saw that it's crafted the same bloody way as a normal smeltery, but with some nether stuff.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
The Rejuvination missile is crazy cool, some black magic coding for sure. No promise that it'll remove the tree; it can restore a chunk but it doesn't reset it; things you have built do not vanish if hit by this thing. Plus it's a chunk, as in 1. Seeing as this tree is about a hundred or so chunks at the top... That's 100 or so missiles/bombs. And these aren't exactly cheap. Nothing using RotaryCraft to process ores with couldn't handle, but still, it's not cheap.[DOUBLEPOST=1395778945][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's basically a smeltery made from soul sand, gravel, and heat sand(or some mix like that); still has to be smelted in a furnace first(the grout I mean), still needs all the normal parts, and still works the same way*.

*Probably. Haven't tested it myself once I saw that it's crafted the same bloody way as a normal smeltery, but with some nether stuff.

They DO destroy buildings, please DO NOT USE IN CHUNKS YOU'VE BUILT ON!!!!! Daaamn, that danger sign has to be written somewhere :p

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
They DO destroy buildings, please DO NOT USE IN CHUNKS YOU'VE BUILT ON!!!!! Daaamn, that danger sign has to be written somewhere :p
Hm, funny, they didn't used to. Cal had a demo video with them and the seemed to ignore things that were added manually to a area.

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! As some players requested in another thread(namely @SkeletonPunk ) A simple answer thread is not suited for longer questions. So to help with section cleanup, and for players to hve a central place for complex questions, I thought this thread would be nice.
NNNNOOOO!
Beware innocent members, Slowking is extracting thoughts from our minds and turning them into forum threads!!!
What witchcraft could this be?
EDIT: Plus I think that if "Ask" and "Question" begin with caps in the title, so should "Answer"? :)

Reactions: YX33A

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, funny, they didn't used to. Cal had a demo video with them and the seemed to ignore things that were added manually to a area.

Well, tbch it really depends.. Ive had some instances in which 1 or 2 blocks get bugged and dont dissapear, but I tend to clean up my first base mess (Which i always do until i move on into a 1x1 chunk tower) with some of these little creatures that i spawn in creative and they do reset bases.. (They are also soooo good for that case in which you forgot to add a mod and you have your base going and want to retrogen ores in a more easy way :p)[DOUBLEPOST=1395779857][/DOUBLEPOST]
Since at least 1.4 they reset EVERYTHING. Yogscast had it happen in Voltz

Man, i remember that one time Sjin triggered that red matter... OMFG i laughed so hard at it..[DOUBLEPOST=1395779893][/DOUBLEPOST]Found it.. Its so old but people need to know this genius..

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Well, tbch it really depends.. Ive had some instances in which 1 or 2 blocks get bugged and dont dissapear, but I tend to clean up my first base mess (Which i always do until i move on into a 1x1 chunk tower) with some of these little creatures that i spawn in creative and they do reset bases.. (They are also soooo good for that case in which you forgot to add a mod and you have your base going and want to retrogen ores in a more easy way :p)[DOUBLEPOST=1395779857][/DOUBLEPOST]

Man, i remember that one time Sjin triggered that red matter... OMFG i laughed so hard at it..[DOUBLEPOST=1395779893][/DOUBLEPOST]Found it.. Its so old but people need to know this genius..

that episode is what got me INTO yogs cast stuff, you can't just make comedy like that.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Those Brits have a great accent.

And you actually can; it's just nowhere as easy as to have it happen naturally.
I meant make as a term of "artificial" so like written comedy thats played out. I can happen naturally, but other than that there isnt really a good way of doing it