Ask a complex Question, get a long Answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
But are they long and complex? Or long and simple?
Honestly, bit of type a, bit of type o-negative.
Sometimes it's a easy answer that takes forever for people to grasp; sometimes it's ass-backwards and takes some serious explaining to get people to come away with even the basics.

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, bit of type a, bit of type o-negative.
Sometimes it's a easy answer that takes forever for people to grasp; sometimes it's ass-backwards and takes some serious explaining to get people to come away with even the basics.
I see, but now that there is two threads both replying an "Answer", won't users be confused and struggle choosing and defining their question?

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Hope you understand :D

You use a not gate to invert the signal, so te drawbridges are always on, then on the input of the not gate you wire your method of opening the door, be it levers or pressure plates like i did :D

Images here \/
I tried your method and it wasn't working until I realized that Greatwood planks block redstone signals. Thanks!

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
I tried your method and it wasn't working until I realized that Greatwood planks block redstone signals. Thanks!

They really do? The security benefits of using greatwood planks now doubled.. Its a good thing to keep in mind.. I've been using 2 tick walls in my MFS room because of that.. but now it all changes! :O

Reactions: RedBoss

TheCupcakeisaLie

Jul 29, 2019
What is the best possible thaumcraft guard golem against players\mobs. In direwolf20,s series (not sure which one) I remember RWtema had a uber guard golem named dog I think? Something similar to that would be nice.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
They really do? The security benefits of using greatwood planks now doubled.. Its a good thing to keep in mind.. I've been using 2 tick walls in my MFS room because of that.. but now it all changes! :O
I set my door up exactly like you pictured and I was getting frustrated. I then tried @MacAisling video and THAT didn't work. I was getting ticked because the exterior pressure plate was working and I could pulse the redwire in certain spots. It dawned on me that the greatwood was causing the problem and I swapped it for quarried stone like I had outside the door and it worked great. I also had to drop the not gate down 2 block because it kept powering the center drawbridge.

I thank you both though.

Shabazza

Jul 29, 2019
Is it normal that a fermenter with 100% uptime which is always fed to the max with saplings cannot provide enough biomass to keep 4 stills running permanently? (TechWorld2)
I'm trying to heat a 36 HP boiler with this but the stills are only working in stop-and-go manner because biofuel supply is too low. Even if the boiler is already above 500 degrees it's not getting enough Ethanol to fill the boilers internal fuel tank. The heat-up is stuttering like mad and never even close to 1000 degrees.
I saw calculations where 1 fermenter should be able to supply 4.4 stills with biomass. So what's going on?

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I can't answer your question completely @Shabazza but I know that biomass is not a good option, I've tried it and it is incredibly slow and painfully complex to make work automatically. :)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Is it normal that a fermenter with 100% uptime which is always fed to the max with saplings cannot provide enough biomass to keep 4 stills running permanently? (TechWorld2)
I'm trying to heat a 36 HP boiler with this but the stills are only working in stop-and-go manner because biofuel supply is too low. Even if the boiler is already above 500 degrees it's not getting enough Ethanol to fill the boilers internal fuel tank. The heat-up is stuttering like mad and never even close to 1000 degrees.
I saw calculations where 1 fermenter should be able to supply 4.4 stills with biomass. So what's going on?
The thing is it can if you use better saplings. To use this technique you need to dive into arboriculture and aim for a tree with great sappiness, lots of leaves, and high sapling drop rate.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Shabazza

Jul 29, 2019
Are actively cooled BigReactor (0.3x) setups with those new turbines really worth it?

I built a 7x7x4 passively cooled reactor with 8 fuel rods and filled it with destabilized redstone.
And it delivered an output of 6.4 kRF/t from point-blank at moderate 1250 C with 0.06 mB/t fuel consumption.

While the same reactor (but without filling) coupled to a 24 blades double-coil (Gold) turbine only delivered about 3.3 kRF/t (@ 1800 rpm).
The same turbine but with a double-platinum coil delivered 7.1 kRF/t (@ 1800 rpm) with a ridiculous temperature of 3000 C and 3 times the fuel demand of the passive solution. (0.2 mB/t).
But this setup is way more complicated and expensive than the above mentioned passively cooled reactor.

Is there a way to get more out of an actively cooled setup?
Because currently I see no point in using the active setup which is much more expensive, more demanding (Yellorite, water, water, water..., did I mention water? XD) and delivers only a slight plus of output.
I thought the active setup was meant to be more efficient than the passive one...?

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I have a question, How do I make reinforced stone?.

I am running the FTB DW20 1.6.4 pack on version 1.1.20

From what I've read, I need to make a framework out of iron scaffolding (done).
Then I need to make a CF sprayer and a CF backpack (done),
Then I need to spray construction foam from the backpack onto the iron scaffolding
outside in the sun and wait for it to harden, then somehow pick it up.

The purpose is to make an IC2 Pattern Storage block to use with the IC2 scanner, the recipe needs three blocks of reinforced stone.

It's all part of my plan to scan and replicate diamonds.. because I just.. like diamonds :)

I have made a bunch of CF powder things but...

Now, I need to do make Construction Foam, but this is now a liquid.

From looking at NEI, it looks like I have to combine water with the CF powder thing in a Canning
Machine.

I'm trying to work out how to make this work, I assume it involves a canning machine and
a fluid tranposer? Do i need to fill the backpack with the liquid construction foam?

I have tried piping water into a Canning machine and setting it for fluid enrichment, no luck.

I am thinking of using Applied Energistics P2P nodes to fill the Canning machine with water and
a P2P node to extract the construction foam into a fluid transposer.

Only problem is I can't get water into the canning machine :(

Am I doing this wrong?

-Wuffle

lukethedude

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I have a question, How do I make reinforced stone?.

I am running the FTB DW20 1.6.4 pack on version 1.1.20

From what I've read, I need to make a framework out of iron scaffolding (done).
Then I need to make a CF sprayer and a CF backpack (done),
Then I need to spray construction foam from the backpack onto the iron scaffolding
outside in the sun and wait for it to harden, then somehow pick it up.

The purpose is to make an IC2 Pattern Storage block to use with the IC2 scanner, the recipe needs three blocks of reinforced stone.

It's all part of my plan to scan and replicate diamonds.. because I just.. like diamonds :)

I have made a bunch of CF powder things but...

Now, I need to do make Construction Foam, but this is now a liquid.

From looking at NEI, it looks like I have to combine water with the CF powder thing in a Canning
Machine.

I'm trying to work out how to make this work, I assume it involves a canning machine and
a fluid tranposer? Do i need to fill the backpack with the liquid construction foam?

I have tried piping water into a Canning machine and setting it for fluid enrichment, no luck.

I am thinking of using Applied Energistics P2P nodes to fill the Canning machine with water and
a P2P node to extract the construction foam into a fluid transposer.

Only problem is I can't get water into the canning machine :(

Am I doing this wrong?

-Wuffle
Hey there! I have not done this personally but I recently saw Sawa video on this. You can pipe water in with a fluiduct. After that is in there flip through the cycles until you find the one that had a little thing of cf powder. Place the powder in the middle slot and the backpack or sprayer in the very top left and it should fill it up. It's kind of glitch where it only fills it once a new powder is hydrated!f

If you have any more questions feel free to PM me or reply here.

Lukethedude
( mooshrooms rule the world )

Jul 29, 2019
How many IRL hours do you reckon it would take to take down one of these bad boys:
Warning large image
Ym3oC4s.png

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Should I make a Dire-Hovel out if cursed earth?

Probably not.. but..

I strongly recommend NEVER EVER EVER have equipped the 'Equal Trade' wand tip from Thaumcraft whilst holding over 260 blocks of Cursed Earth...

I had used it to fill out my cursed earth spawn room and was heading back up to the top level of my base when I accidentally right clicked on some stone I was going to dig up.. needless to say this did not end well for me when a huge expanse of underground cave directly underneath my chunkloaded base turned into cursed earth, with no light source down there the stuff spread all over the place..

Not .. good! Thank goodness for backups!