Ars Magica 2 community spellbook

Soulskulptor

Jul 29, 2019
Sure can, put in binding, touch ignition
(Don't use self, you'll light yourself on fire, and projectile is hard to aim with)
I'll give it a try in my test world, will try damage as well to see how much I can up the bound sword's damage. (personal Cleaver does 16 with 5 seconds of fire)

Worldgate

Jul 29, 2019
So has anyone got a dig spell that does maximum width for clearing large underground areas? There was one on imgr, but it vanished. It would do like 13x13x4 or something like that, when on full moon. The spells i found so far arent helpful when you need to make rooms underground easily.

FlashFire

Jul 29, 2019
Well I have a few spells that someone might want to use and i'll just list them here:

|Wall|(Durationx3)|(radiusx3)| AoE|Lightning Damage|(Damagex3)|(knockback)|
Probably not the most mana-friendly skill you would get but it works if you just want to get a moment to heal or something.
PS:eek:nly works on full moon

|Projectile|Random teleport/Divine intervention|
Just a spell to use when you can't get away and don't want to use the lightning wall or don't have enough mana.

|contigency:death|Zone|radiusx3|durationx3|AoE|attract|Lightning damage|damagex3|
just a last resort when you die. Not the best thing to use for your contigency. But kinda nice if you have low/no armor and want to atleast do something to your opponent.

|channel|heal|
A nice little skill that heals you as long as you cast it.

|Projectile|(velocity added)|Life Drain|Damagex3|
A very expensive skill(30-40k mana full moon) that does huge damage on full moon (around 77) not worth it to cast at crescent and half moon.

|Binding(sword)|AoE|radiusx3|any damage skill|knockback|(blind)|
Not so good as DanBeatYou_xD's sword but works against enemies all around you and not just they who are just standing where you attacked.

|Self|Mana Shield|durationx3|
Nifty little spell that when cast gives 11mins of Mana Shield.

|Contigency:damage|Self|Heal|healthx3|
Heals you when you take damage.

well if anybody wants recipies for any other spells you can just ask me :D

Worldgate

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome, with your help i was able to make the exact same spell.

Projectile|Zone|AOE|Dig|Radius|Radius|Radius|Gravity

Digs 13x13 and continues down 4 layers.

Thank you very much. :D

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to make a death contingency that somehow took care of your items?
As in stored them in the rift?

CaseyRobinson

Jul 29, 2019
I remember reading somewhere that a Contingency: Death | Divine Intervention would make your inventory drop at your spawn point instead of death point, but never got around to trying it. It seemed easier to just slap soulbound on everything.

Edit: I said Recall, but meant Divine Intervention. That's fixed now.

Last edited:

FlashFire

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to make a death contingency that somehow took care of your items?
As in stored them in the rift?
no that would be impossible
EDIT: well you could make a |contigency:death|Zone|durationx3|AoE|telekinesis|
it would keep your items (kinda) but its probably not what you want xD

Last edited:

brotbrotbrot

Jul 29, 2019
Since I came across this threat back when i started Ars Magica 2 and it helped a lot, I now want to give something back. I especially put some effort into creating spells that deal damage, comparable to other mods stuff, like Tinkers Construct's infamous rapier.

The (imo) best and most efficient spell against bosses:
Beam|Range|Range|Range|Recall

You can skip some of the range modifiers if you feel brave. What this will (obviously) do, is it will constantly recall the target to a marked position. As soon as the target is where you want it, just keep rmb pressed and this works somewhat like a tractor beam. While it won't deal damage at all, imagine all the nice zones where you can get your enemy stuck.
I'm using this with a Projectile|Zone|Duration|Duration|Lightning Damage|Damage|Damage to melt enemies in place.
A more... Fancy approach would be Projectile|Zone|Duration|Duration|AOE|Star Strike, although that's less server friendly.
Just remember to place the zone before summoning the boss, depending on it's healthpool you may need more or less duration modifiers.

If you are not high level enough for a zone spell, this is a nice addition to a group of fighters as well. You hold the target down while the others unleash hell.
Feeling fancy? Don't cast the zone yourself, but put it into a nexus powered caster. Push the button to prepare the grinder and then send in the fresh meat.
Or you could prepare some other sort of trap, e g Portal Gun turrets, those spikes from Extra Utilities or even good old dispensers with arrows.
Kind of a cheap tactic, but it pays off.

Or turn the setup around! Put the recall beam into the caster to keep the enemy in place while you deal the damage. Makes you feel bad for the boss though.

Now if you substitute the beam shape with a chain like this: Chain|Range|Range|Range|Rune Procs|Rune Procs|Rune Procs|Recall, you can easily gather stuff for a mob grinder. This is also a simple, yet effective secure, should you find yourself surprised/overwhelmed by enemies and cheaper than an actual damage spell.

For a war game:
The Mortar -> Zone|Projectile|Gravity|Speed|AOE|Physical Damage|Dig|Ignite

I created this baby not for griefing purposes, but for a worms like pvp (with the condition that only weapons are allowed which destroy the land)
It is pretty inefficient and you should cast another zone containing Heal, Regen and possibly Life Tap first (I did). Afterwards, you spam the mortar and rain fire onto your enemies, as the earth crumbles underneath them. Nice for attacking enemies beyond line of sight.

EDIT: well you could make a |contigency:death|Zone|durationx3|AoE|telekinesis|
Add "Mark" and if you have a Self|Recall in your soulbound spellbook, you can pick the stuff up immediately.

And for for finale, a spell to cleanse the worlds surface of any life form, at about one frame per second:
Chain|Rune Procs|Rune Procs|Rune Procs|Range|Range|Range|Zone|Duration|Duration|Duration|Star Strike

I am actually not sure if this did what it was supposed to do (creating zones of falling stars around every chain target), I only know that when I respawned, the land was littered with bones and glittering of XP orbs. There was also no one left who I could have asked. Let's just call it a success. Use at own risk and maybe ask a server admin.

Madkurre

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to do something like Projectile AoE Create Water to a player or an entity and the use Projectile AoE Freeze to Freeze it/him/her?

PS: I can't access a computer right now, and that's why I'm asking it here.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to do something like Projectile AoE Create Water to a player or an entity and the use Projectile AoE Freeze to Freeze it/him/her?

PS: I can't access a computer right now, and that's why I'm asking it here.
I do believe so. In fact, one might even be able to make the water spawn, then freeze shortly afterwards. Not sure what the benefit would be, though. Ice is not a solid block, and if it ain't solid, it can't suffocate things.
Touch | Charm
Possibly a poor man's wheat and to give a Creeper the long awaited hug.
A good idea, but for the latter half, that's kinda risky. I mean, seeing as how close range a touch spell is compared to how close one has to be to use a item or break a block, the creeper would already be lighting up to explode.
[digression]...Did anyone else see the recent Game Theorist video? The one on Creepers I mean. I often think the main guy over-thinks things*, but then again, he's got it right on with this one. Not a theory, but a damn fine Hypothesis, and one I would be happy that if it became known as a Theory.

*ignores the fact that if magic is real, as it often is in video games, things are way more complicated then we could imagine, and for this reason, I dislike his "theory" on Arrows in Knees for reasons beyond the obvious "they didn't actually get shot in the knee with an arrow FFS" bit, but he is usually pretty good with this.[/digression]

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
try projectile instead
A simple but vastly important and useful upgrade to it. Charm is in Defense, so one has to get a non-self shape, and what's better then a projectile for something you don't really want to be in range to french kiss to cast the spell on when it wants to kill you?

Soulskulptor

Jul 29, 2019
The sword would do two damage types - firs the physical damage i.e. hitting the mob - this can be increased with sharpness V (Get a book with it, put spell in sword form and anvil it together); the second damage would be the spell and do the same amount of damage as if you were to cast it without the sword.
So to your question - the damage would be both physical and magical and would be two separate ones so physical damage dealt, then the magical damage dealt.
The benefit of the binding spell is you can have it bound, let your mana regen then hit the target for a 100% hit chance.

For your issue, I would suggest using the lightning damage or drown type as it bypasses armour, similar to a rapier and will work better. Alternatively, a silverskill spell such as firestorm or blizzard would do a lot of damage to these bosses --> Note however, these can destroy dropped items, so use the silverskill spells to lower hp and not kill the target.

This spell would be cheaper and easy to use: Binding, touch, lightning OR drown, [damage modifers if unlocked them]. ***DONT ADD LIGHTNING AND DROWN - multiple damage types do not increase total damage, it just devides the damage into different types - eg want someone to be slow and piece armour then do lightning and frost.***This spell will do a lot of magical damage which would bypass the protection, whilst doing some extra physical damage for very little mana. Combine this with some runes pre-made i.e. regen, duration, (med-high mode) should help. Another idea, is maybe make a cage or an arena to fight him and include a nexus nearby to run and gain a regen buff?
Another idea maybe - make a projectile spell --> spawn the boss away and then lure him into an area (They don't break blocks after they have been summoned) Have a caster and a light nexus to fire a projectile spell at him until he is nearly dead, then go and finish the job.

Regarding someone mentioning they used starfall and damage was low. Starfall from what I've seen has one of the if not the lowest damage - if your after pure damage lightning = best, and drown = 2nd best as both bypass armour and do direct damage. Silverskill spells, firestorm does more but can be moved out of, blizzard does rapid and makes it harder for your target to escape, starfall does very little damage but can be spammed.
So it's possible to make the Bound Sword do more then 6 damage? I should try that.