Applied Energistic Storage Room!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
Don't see how it would have been imbalanced. Damn useful is what it is. First thing I'm going to do when the latest version of MiscPeripherals makes it into the Ultimate pack is build myself a remote item request system.

Logistics pipes making it in would be even better. Out of interest, why isn't it in the pack ATM?

The current version of Logistic pipes is done by someone other than the original creator (krapht never ported it to 1.3). It is all legit as far as licenses are concerned, but krapht has said that he does plan to eventually make his own updated version, so the FTB team feels like they would rather wait for the "official" one. Or at least that is the explanation I am aware of, I can not remember if it was from an official source or not.

Very quick EDIT: To clarify the bits about licenses and maintainers is accurate, I am just unsure about it being the reason FTB has not included it.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
So yeah, I have these little daydream times at work and I have to ask someone on these forums :)

F are Thermal Expansion Powered Furnaces
Y are ME Interfaces

If you stack/cluster them together like this: (looking at them from the front)
F1 > M1
M2 < F2

And
- you put various cooking patterns in M1 and M2
- you configure F1 to output to the right
- you configure F2 to output to the left

Will M1 divvy up crafting requests equally between the two Furnaces? (example: M1 has pattern for glass from sand; do both F1 and F2 work on the request?)
Will M1 and M2 act as return-to-network routes for materials cooked by the furnaces?

Thanks!

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
you can't insert into a output face of TE machines so they can't divide the smelting

M1 and M2 will act as return to network

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
you can't insert into a output face of TE machines so they can't divide the smelting

M1 and M2 will act as return to network

But M1 can feed into F2
And M2 can feed into F1

so, in extension to his question
if M1 and M2 had the same crafting recipes for using the furnace, would the AE network distribute it equally between them both, or do one until it fills, then the other?

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
But M1 can feed into F2
And M2 can feed into F1

so, in extension to his question
if M1 and M2 had the same crafting recipes for using the furnace, would the AE network distribute it equally between them both, or do one until it fills, then the other?

AE does not use duplicate recipes in its system. Seems to pick one at random and only uses it.

In 1.5 the easiest parallel processing system is enderchests + vanilla hoppers. Then you can put interfaces around an input enderchests. If you run out of recipe space just add another chest and more interfaces. AE will dump items for processing into the enderchest through the interface. Then at your machines you have hoppers pulling items out of enderchests and dumping them in the machines. Scales very well.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
AE does not use duplicate recipes in its system. Seems to pick one at random and only uses it.

In 1.5 the easiest parallel processing system is enderchests + vanilla hoppers. Then you can put interfaces around an input enderchests. If you run out of recipe space just add another chest and more interfaces. AE will dump items for processing into the enderchest through the interface. Then at your machines you have hoppers pulling items out of enderchests and dumping them in the machines. Scales very well.

Interesting, thanks for that bit of information ^^

Aeronica

Jul 29, 2019
Here's various shots of our AE usage. Spoiler tags to not overwhelm your browsers :)

Components used
2Qg8Y

Storage, crafting, TE, IC2, Redpower 2 machines...
2Qfwe

TE machines and storage
2QfVV

Redpower 2 furnaces with Factorization Routers to input and extract.
2QfXh

Thermal Expansion machines. Love the way we can have milk, lava, water... etc.
2Qg03

The IC2 machines have their place and with overclockers.. Yummy!
2Qg18

We power our AE system with a combination of Redpower solars in a sunny AGE, biofuel powered combustion engines, steam etc. This is the bio-mass / bio-fuel area.
2Qg2w

Combustion engines at work feeding AEs voracious 40MJ appetite.
2Qg5R

Sugar cane and wheat are harvested by golems and fed into AE constantly.
2Qg7t

We still enjoy crafting manually. Here's our shop floor.
2Qg3U

Deep at bedrock level we made a milking room to keep the cows constant mooing out of earshot. Milk is fed into AE via TE goodness. The milking turtle idea was gleened and modified from another post on these forums.
2QgaM
Thanks for looking. It ain't pretty but it gets the job done.

Reactions: EternalDensity

budge

Jul 29, 2019
Deep at bedrock level we made a milking room to keep the cows constant mooing out of earshot. Milk is fed into AE via TE goodness. The milking turtle idea was gleened and modified from another post on these forums.

There's a mod that may be added to the next version of Ultimate which I think you'll like. I think it was called MiscUtilities or something along those lines, and one of its additions is a noise-dampening device that covers a small area, and reduces sounds in that area by 90%. I can't wait to silence my cows!

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, what about this:
Furn1 Inter1
Inter2 Furn2

Put the pattern for Sand>>Glass in Interface1.
Set the side of Furnace1 to input, and the top of Furnace2 to input.
Set the bottom of Furnace 1 to output, and the side of Furnace2 to output.

When I request glass, only one pattern is available, but the interface in which it was installed has two available TE machine inputs connected. Will it feed the work to both?

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly your best bet if you want multiple machines to be used is to use a couple routers. It lets you integrate a lot of machines really easily, evenly distributes materials between them, and makes retrieving processed materials from the whole set easy.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly your best bet if you want multiple machines to be used is to use a couple routers. It lets you integrate a lot of machines really easily, evenly distributes materials between them, and makes retrieving processed materials from the whole set easy.
Understood -- like some other suggestions here, this idea is appreciated but I'm not looking for a solution, just info. Lately I've been unavailable to test some of these ideas, but I'm still curious about some of AE's fringe capabilities. Thanks!

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
hoping someone can help me out and see if what i want to do is possible as im not understanding interfaces 100%, this will take a lot of materials so I don’t wanna do it without knowing if its possible. i want to setup auto crafting with fabricators, from what i understand i can set a line of fabricators up with different recipes and at one end put an interface with the materials needed in the top left area for the different recipes, then put a router on one end. Now would I put an export bus on that router or how do I get the items to get the items in the fabricators?, also then on the other side of the fabricators do I put another router with an import bus on it to clear the routers . Also if this setup works can I put multiple interfaces in line if I need to put additional items in for recipes. What im trying to do is autocraft bee stuff, such as frames, tiny piles of dust into reg. Dust etc . I know a way I can do this with chest, fabricators and a lot of import/export busses im just trying to save a little material :)

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Fabricators auto pull from adjacent inventories.

Interfaces can keep a supply of up to 8 items in their inventory.

Pair interfaces with fabricators to autocraft.

Fabricator inventory will fill up with crafted items. Router would be the easiest way to extract from all your fabricators. Should just need 1 router. Machine filter for fabricator and import bus on the router or a second router filter for the first router and output that back into one of the AE interfaces.

I havn't used factorization in long while. But 1-2 routers should take care of everything.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Put the four fabricators around one Interface Bus set to hold the items needed for their production.
Use BC pipes to pull the items out and put them into the bus.

IMarv

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Not really sure why you'd want to use fabricators rather than the MAC. AE has built-in autocrafting.
You can set a level emitter at the fabricator and maintain a minimum quantity of something rather than wait for it to be made when needed.

IMarv

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Not really sure why you'd want to use fabricators rather than the MAC. AE has built-in autocrafting.
I guess because it's possibly faster and possibly cheaper? Someone back me up here, is it cheaper and faster to use fabricators then it is to use a MAC?

I know that the MAC is more dense in terms of space needed(as in you don't need any autocrafting tables if you're using a MAC, it does that internally, so you don't have to have thousands of tables for thousands of recipes), but if fabricators are cheaper(and faster) then why use them for simple crafting?
EDIT:
You can set a level emitter at the fabricator and maintain a minimum quantity of something rather than wait for it to be made when needed.

IMarv
Oh! That's pretty smart.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
actually a exportbus set to craft only into a interface regulated by a level emitter can do the same, you need a exportbus-levelemitter pair per item you wish to keep stocked (but you can put up to 5 per interface)

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I guess because it's possibly faster and possibly cheaper? Someone back me up here, is it cheaper and faster to use fabricators then it is to use a MAC?
I know that the MAC is more dense in terms of space needed(as in you don't need any autocrafting tables if you're using a MAC, it does that internally, so you don't have to have thousands of tables for thousands of recipes), but if fabricators are cheaper(and faster) then why use them for simple crafting?

Because they take up a lot of space. I use the MAC for everything that needs stuff crafted. ALl the external things get processed before and not on demand. Doing something like converting sticky resin into rubber on demand simply takes too much time and I don't understand why people don't just use an exporter with a level emitter. Works much better IMHO.

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
I do sticky resin to rubber on demand, because I no longer have a rubber farm and make everything out of UU matter now. Of course, I do have 10-12 overclockers in my extractor, so it doesn't exactly take long.

115 Ultimate Hybrid Solars and >1M UU Matter mean I'm long post-scarcity. I'm going to rebuild my mob grinder soon, meaning that pretty much the only thing I'll ever run short of is quartz, and I have a mining well frame ship that I can turn on.