Announcing FTB Infinity Evolved, FTB Tweaks, and FTB Utilities.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Does the TE sawmill still exist? (I haven't played with TE for since the latest updates). That did four planks per log. Just a thought.
The wood nerf us actually to boost the use of sawmills. But players usually only see the nerf side...

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
The wood nerf us actually to boost the use of sawmills. But players usually only see the nerf side...

Unless they haven't realised the possibilies yet! I'm playing a gregtech pack and usually, after a period of raging about some 'nerf' I discover the GT way of doing things and all is well in the world again!

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
That "wood plank nerf but sawmill" issue seems like it's more a case of pack documentation. If the point of the plank nerf is to get people to do sawmills, and people don't know of it, then perhaps starting all players with a "What's in this pack" book would be a good idea.

For that matter, is there a mod that lets you spawn players with a book that you can edit in a normal text editor? (the minecraft text editor stinks).

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
There is a book. On the left side of the player inventory screen, click the book icon.

PuckSilverbreeze

Jul 29, 2019
So i had to do /mt reload to reload the minetweaks - that fixed my problems with the witchery recipes. Sorry for any confusion, this pack is awesome!

Only complaint is that the 'guide' included stops too early in the magic tree. I don't need a guide to follow, but it seems like its incomplete. Maybe its just me. Anyway, just finished doing everything under magic tree, off to explore nei!

I think even then Tech Tree needs some fleshing out
I am stuck trying to figure out wiring the lasers without EnderIO. I may have missed something clearly

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I think even then Tech Tree needs some fleshing out
I am stuck trying to figure out wiring the lasers without EnderIO. I may have missed something clearly

Lasers for the assembly table? I originally was running them with a couple electrical engines from forestry off of IC2 generaltors, and now have them running on power from Waterwheels with leadstone energy ducts.

Reactions: PuckSilverbreeze

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I know this will be an unpopular question with some people..but:

Is there a way to turn off Tinkers Construct ranged weaponry? I'm not sure why it was left in the pack. A crossbow is the first thing players make. They range up to less than a 1 second reload with 100 hearts of damage, and regenerate their ammunition. And just too easy to make. Nothing in the game does this much damage, at any level.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I know this will be an unpopular question with some people..but:

Is there a way to turn off Tinkers Construct ranged weaponry? I'm not sure why it was left in the pack. A crossbow is the first thing players make. They range up to less than a 1 second reload with 100 hearts of damage, and regenerate their ammunition. And just too easy to make. Nothing in the game does this much damage, at any level.
Hardly the first thing since you need a forge. And a 100 heart damage with less then a second reload need high end materials, like signalum... Also, not like early game....

I understand your point but expert mode its not hard mode! The pack is supposed to be more grindy, time consuming, force you to build infrastructure... not supposed to be hard and remove the OP stuff. And, remember normal and extreme share same config options. Its just recipes that are tweaked.

PuckSilverbreeze

Jul 29, 2019
I think this Expert Mode is trying to force me to learn Build Craft. I have avoided Build Craft since forever. I just find it i annoying that you need to keep swapping the pipes cause they do not connect to each other :)

Reactions: guiguilyon

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Hardly the first thing since you need a forge. And a 100 heart damage with less then a second reload need high end materials, like signalum... Also, not like early game....

I understand your point but expert mode its not hard mode! The pack is supposed to be more grindy, time consuming, force you to build infrastructure... not supposed to be hard and remove the OP stuff. And, remember normal and extreme share same config options. Its just recipes that are tweaked.

Let me be clear, I don't care about taking away YOUR toys. I'd like to sidestep a discussion about whether each person feels they need 100 damage weapons, or hates them.

I'd just like to take them out of the server I help run, and was asking for advice on that one narrow topic.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Let me be clear, I don't care about taking away YOUR toys. I'd like to sidestep a discussion about whether each person feels they need 100 damage weapons, or hates them.

I'd just like to take them out of the server I help run, and was asking for advice on that one narrow topic.
You can add a modtweaker recipe to remove the casting recipes, either for the individual parts or the crossbow casting form entirely.

PuckSilverbreeze

Jul 29, 2019
You can add a modtweaker recipe to remove the casting recipes, either for the individual parts or the crossbow casting form entirely.
Hmm isn't there also a way to edit their damage in server configs... I am not sure but I thought I saw that for some Mods. It may be very Mod specific though.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019

Didnt want to upset you. I though you were asking in the concept of the pack theme, not your specific server.

I too, think they are too powerful but so is draconic...

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Not upset. I'm always confused when people use lines like "not trying to upset you" or "don't be mad". I just didn't want the conversation to go that way. Looking for specific information, not an argument over balance. And yes, draconic is powerful, but you can't get draconic for a long time, after doing a lot of stuff. Which 100 damage crossbows certainly makes easier....