Announcing FTB Infinity Evolved, FTB Tweaks, and FTB Utilities.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
A couple of things I'll suggest, as I think they go along with some of the themes in the pack:

-Take portal guns out of chest loot. They have a complex recipe, but since you easily find them exploring, no one needs to make them.

-Longfall boots have the normal recipe. For little investment you get Diamond boots, better than Featherfall4,better than Unbreaking3 plus Repair. We are looking at changing the recipe to be Compressed refined iron plates instead of iron, x4 or x5 compressed cobble for obsidian, and some nice thruster or antigrav component, to gate them up with high level tech.

-Lava Crystal from Tinkers Construct is easy to get, even probably before you get a lumber axe. With so many biomes with large trees, you can fill your inventory with charcoal after a few whacks. We are deabating changing the recipe on our server to include something high level in thaumcraft with a fiery theme, and a tech component. Or maybe just disabling it.

-Draconic Furnace puts out 80rf/t. It requires finding draconium in the nether, enough for 4 ingots. But this is one of the best early game energy sources, especially considering the recipe.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
A couple of things I'll suggest, as I think they go along with some of the themes in the pack:

-Take portal guns out of chest loot. They have a complex recipe, but since you easily find them exploring, no one needs to make them.

-Longfall boots have the normal recipe. For little investment you get Diamond boots, better than Featherfall4,better than Unbreaking3 plus Repair. We are looking at changing the recipe to be Compressed refined iron plates instead of iron, x4 or x5 compressed cobble for obsidian, and some nice thruster or antigrav component, to gate them up with high level tech.

-Lava Crystal from Tinkers Construct is easy to get, even probably before you get a lumber axe. With so many biomes with large trees, you can fill your inventory with charcoal after a few whacks. We are deabating changing the recipe on our server to include something high level in thaumcraft with a fiery theme, and a tech component. Or maybe just disabling it.

-Draconic Furnace puts out 80rf/t. It requires finding draconium in the nether, enough for 4 ingots. But this is one of the best early game energy sources, especially considering the recipe.
Hmm, I thought they were removed from chest loot. I'll have to look into that.

Good point.

But the lumber axe is hard to get, you need to get to IC2 stuff, which is at least a few hours in. By that point it's easy to have some hoppers and run a dozen furnaces.

Ah, I didn't think it made that much.

PuckSilverbreeze

Jul 29, 2019

Hmm I thought the Generator needs a Core... What do you know learn something new every day. All you need is something to dust the ore it looks like

Madriker

Jul 29, 2019
In my personal opinion, it unbalances a lot of AE by making autocrafting too easy. AE has specific, well designed crafting gates that are intended to be difficult to automate. AE2 stuff completely bypasses them.

However, the only reason it is not in Infinity is indeed just to keep the number of mods down. There are a large number of well built mods, designed to complement other mods, that are not included.

I'm not going to go over the many reasons we don't take mod suggestions again. It's very unlikely we have overlooked a mod, especially a well known one like AE2 stuff, and it's difficult for us to constantly field questions about why someone's favorite mod isn't included.

That is a well-articulated answer, much more satisfying and explanatory than "because", and I thank you for it :)

I'd be interested to know your thoughts about these "crafting gates" and how AE2 Stuff bypasses them, but I don't think this is the right place. Perhaps, when you have some time and if you feel like it, you could explain them over PM? I'm very curious to understand the viewpoint of one of the makers of this modpack, which already looks very interesting to play just as I am trying to figure it out.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Would their be a reason that most of the extratic parts are not craftable? If we fix this through minetweaker, will it break progression in some way as designed by the pack if we follow the same crafting guidelines as the rest of the pack?

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
That is a well-articulated answer, much more satisfying and explanatory than "because", and I thank you for it :)

I'd be interested to know your thoughts about these "crafting gates" and how AE2 Stuff bypasses them, but I don't think this is the right place. Perhaps, when you have some time and if you feel like it, you could explain them over PM? I'm very curious to understand the viewpoint of one of the makers of this modpack, which already looks very interesting to play just as I am trying to figure it out.
I'm not a big fan of discussing things over PM, it seems much more useful to me to do it in public somewhere where other people can read it. Create a thread in the general FTB chat section and send me the link.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I thought they were removed from chest loot. I'll have to look into that.

Good point.

But the lumber axe is hard to get, you need to get to IC2 stuff, which is at least a few hours in. By that point it's easy to have some hoppers and run a dozen furnaces.

Ah, I didn't think it made that much.

The lumber axe with autosmelt came at a perfect time for me. I'd made a couple IC2 generators, but keeping them fueled is using up a lot of effort. While i could do the setup for a dozen furnaces and hoppers, that's also time, and there is the loss of the fuel used to smelt the charcoal. Now i hit a big fir, or greatwood, and it all comes down as charcoal, along with the experience for smelting it. A redwood forest is amazing for this :) It took maybe 10 minutes to get a full inventory of charcoal, and gained a lot of levels doing it. Now instead of hoppers for furnaces to slowly make charcoal, i can make hoppers and feed chests of charcoal to the IC2 generators. :)

Kataiser

Jul 29, 2019
In addition to the missing plinth recipe I mentioned earlier, I think I may have found another recipe issue with BM - a loop in the progression, in this case.

Transcendent Blood Orb requires a Crystal Cluster (five if you count the ones to make the altar T6) to create. Crystal Cluster is created via an infusion that involves Soul Runic Plates. Soul Runic Plates need a Transcendent Blood Orb to craft.

Perhaps you could replace the plates in the infusion recipe with the Soul/Life Shards used to make them? That would keep the gating behind the demon invasion intact.

bigitger88

Jul 29, 2019
Having more problems with witchery recipes. NEI recipe for anointment paste differs from the guide, and neither crafts it. Waystone recipe in NEI dosen't work, and nothing in the included guide about it. Please help, these problems stop any progression in the magic tree. IDK, I feel like this is a big glaring issue, so it must have been seen, so I'm thinking maybe its a problem on my side...any ideas?

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Was anything done to limit the damage of xbows from Tinkers Construct? They are still brutal, with players taking out withers and ender dragon while wearing iron armor. I was sort of hoping the dragon would last more than a few days.

Reactions: Booker The Geek

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Umm.. How do you take out the wither in Vanilla? You were either diamond or iron armor. I'm not sure I see the problem. They way I look at most modded minecraft is that what it gives you is power and some it is OP. I say leave it alone.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Umm.. How do you take out the wither in Vanilla? You were either diamond or iron armor. I'm not sure I see the problem. They way I look at most modded minecraft is that what it gives you is power and some it is OP. I say leave it alone.
14 hours after a server is up, someone gets to te End and killed the dragon in 3 seconds. Kinda hard to accept that on expert mode....

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

meritoc

Jul 29, 2019
So our goal here is not to force you to grind, it is more to encourage people to build more infrastructure just like the FTB Maps of old.

It seems like expert mode adds recipe changes to introduce inter-mod interactions (which are great!), but it also introduces changes which just increase resource requirements.

An obvious example is changing logs to produce 2 planks and planks to produce 2 sticks. Building a shaft of ladders takes 4 times as many logs as it did previously.

Another simple example is the Extra Utilities world interaction upgrade, which now requires a diamond pickaxe rather than an iron one. Finding 3 more diamonds than I would have previously required isn't hard, but it is time-consuming.

I think these sorts of changes are adding the extra grind which it sounds like you intended to avoid.

That said, thanks for all the work which went into this pack!

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019

If they kept things at least as hard as vanilla, it would be ok. Instead, it's easy as hell, certainly not "expert", and players all start taking the same path. Not experimenting and learning new stuff.

When every player makes a lumber axe with autosmelt for chests of charcoal, a silk touch pick/hammer to avoid explosions in the nether, a crossbow to easily kill withers and ender dragon in a few shots, then it's just a formula of how you race through the game.

I'm just glad you can't get iridium from botany. We have players on normal infinity that just skip all of ic2, but have a lots of iridium.

Many of the people on our server were excited about a hard mode. So working to keep that. Mysterious changes to Lava jewel, silky gem, etc have taken place.

Reactions: NunoAgapito

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Also, a question on the Mass Fabricator, didn't this used to have a much tougher recipe? This looks like the original from way back in tekkit.

Dzarky

Jul 29, 2019
in my opinion, I think the new chunk loading system coming soon, is a good thing, I always thought it was stupid that you had to build something to keep a chunk loaded in your area.

Mod was not removed for chicken chunks,.. was just disabled, and can be re-enabled... just by pressing a button, on the FTB Launcher, that is what i have done.. at least till the new chunk loading system comes out.

Actually I think by the time I need my first chunk loading it will already be available via ftb utilities. Expert mode is really really slow!!!! haha

bigitger88

Jul 29, 2019
So i had to do /mt reload to reload the minetweaks - that fixed my problems with the witchery recipes. Sorry for any confusion, this pack is awesome!

Only complaint is that the 'guide' included stops too early in the magic tree. I don't need a guide to follow, but it seems like its incomplete. Maybe its just me. Anyway, just finished doing everything under magic tree, off to explore nei!

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
It seems like expert mode adds recipe changes to introduce inter-mod interactions (which are great!), but it also introduces changes which just increase resource requirements.

An obvious example is changing logs to produce 2 planks and planks to produce 2 sticks. Building a shaft of ladders takes 4 times as many logs as it did previously.

Another simple example is the Extra Utilities world interaction upgrade, which now requires a diamond pickaxe rather than an iron one. Finding 3 more diamonds than I would have previously required isn't hard, but it is time-consuming.

I think these sorts of changes are adding the extra grind which it sounds like you intended to avoid.

That said, thanks for all the work which went into this pack!

Does the TE sawmill still exist? (I haven't played with TE for since the latest updates). That did four planks per log. Just a thought.