Announcing FTB Infinity Evolved, FTB Tweaks, and FTB Utilities.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
But BOP does mess up the default when selected. It will generate mostly mushroom biomes. At this point I believe to be a BOP issue. Because the problem disappears if you disable the BOP mod.

Over the past 3 weeks (before Evolved) I've probably generated and deleted 2 dozen worlds because of spawning in mushroom biomes, and I never use BoP. I'll have to try disabling BoP in the profile and see what happens.

Madriker

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed it's disabled by default. So, any answer as to why is AE2 Stuff not included with the modpack?

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
My turn for midnight questions. Why have I not seen ONE "Thank You" in this entire thread?

Edit: I see Three.

Last edited:

GeoooKL

Jul 29, 2019
how are you meant to keep chunks loaded now when chicken chunks is disabled? on single player.

Last edited:

Vonwarr

Jul 29, 2019
But BOP does mess up the default when selected. It will generate mostly mushroom biomes. At this point I believe to be a BOP issue. Because the problem disappears if you disable the BOP mod.

BoP has a setting where it tries to "fill in" ocean biomes with land biomes to prevent large empty stretches of water. Unfortunately, it seems to only use the mushroom island biome. Instead of oceans, you get oceans of mushrooms!

We disabled it on our server by going to config/biomesoplenty/terraingen.cfg, and setting B:OceanFiller=false. No more mushroom seas. (Side note: we also adjusted I:"Landmass Percentage" up a bit as the default does end up with a very high amount of ocean.)

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
BoP has a setting where it tries to "fill in" ocean biomes with land biomes to prevent large empty stretches of water. Unfortunately, it seems to only use the mushroom island biome. Instead of oceans, you get oceans of mushrooms!

We disabled it on our server by going to config/biomesoplenty/terraingen.cfg, and setting B:OceanFiller=false. No more mushroom seas. (Side note: we also adjusted I:"Landmass Percentage" up a bit as the default does end up with a very high amount of ocean.)

I actually tried this and still wound up with mushroom biomes.

Vonwarr

Jul 29, 2019
I actually tried this and still wound up with mushroom biomes.
There are still some biomes with mushrooms in them but you should no longer have > 70% of your map covered with mushroom islands. Hope this helps! We have generated ~150 chunk radius from spawn and no mushroom islands in sight.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
what do you mean i have a working ME thats why i need a loader

One of the new mods, FtB-Tweaks or FtB-Utilities allows you to "protect" chunks so that only you or people on your buddy list (later people in your faction) can change blocks within those chunks. This same mod also acts as the chunk loader.

Right now there seems to be a problem using these features in Single Play but they're working on it and I've seen a work around, probably earlier in this very thread.

GeoooKL

Jul 29, 2019
One of the new mods, FtB-Tweaks or FtB-Utilities allows you to "protect" chunks so that only you or people on your buddy list (later people in your faction) can change blocks within those chunks. This same mod also acts as the chunk loader.

Right now there seems to be a problem using these features in Single Play but they're working on it and I've seen a work around, probably earlier in this very thread.

the chunk loader, with the claim system says coming soon, its not in game yet is it? as the chicken chunks was disabled.

Awakun.

Jul 29, 2019
I would just like to say thank you so much. I'm still figuring out the early game to be quite honest and that bodes really really well for this pack's longevity. I would like to see the guide fleshed out a lot more (in fact if there is any way for us to contribute to that, I'd be happy to help). Been playing with a couple friends and it has been great. Thanks FTB!

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Madriker

Jul 29, 2019
what do you mean i have a working ME thats why i need a loader

I do not mean Applied Energistics 2, I mean the mod called "AE2 Stuff", which is an addon for AE2 that introduces machines like the Crystal Growth Chamber (no more throwing stuff in WATER, which in my opinion is a terrible idea), the Pattern Encoder (which makes it so that you don't need to have an item in your ME to craft a pattern that needs it) and other nifty things. Again, I find it essential and I am very surprised it was left out. So, since I am curious, I was asking why this was.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Thank you FTB team for this. This is amazing and we are loving it on our server. I fully understand so that some things are still being tweeked, and I'm OK with that. We have found a few bugs, and have a few questions about the ftb utilities. Would evolved have a separate issue tracker somewhere (github?) Where we can post these for you?

Once again we are amazed at the amount of work that you guys have put into this and look forward to what you come up with next.

Bhaaltazar

Jul 29, 2019
What happened with /backup command? Or is there any other way to backup world ( I read in description about simple backups but I havent seen any commands to do so in the "book of tips".

And one other issue that might unrelated but still:

After last patch 2.0.2 I started getting huge lag in SINGLE player world, where FTB console just freezes... which can be solved by with forced shut down via Task manager, but this was never the issue before that.
I tried clean reinstall of FTB and java, but problem hasn't been solved for me. Can copy paste to clipboard as well since console is completely frozen.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
I just noticed it's disabled by default. So, any answer as to why is AE2 Stuff not included with the modpack?
There are literally hundreds of mods that aren't included. We can't have all of them.

I would just like to say thank you so much. I'm still figuring out the early game to be quite honest and that bodes really really well for this pack's longevity. I would like to see the guide fleshed out a lot more (in fact if there is any way for us to contribute to that, I'd be happy to help). Been playing with a couple friends and it has been great. Thanks FTB!
I'll look into a way for the community to help with the guide.

What happened with /backup command? Or is there any other way to backup world ( I read in description about simple backups but I havent seen any commands to do so in the "book of tips".
/admin backup start

No idea about your lag, that's different for each person and is usually almost impossible to track down.