An Eldritch Abomination from Below the World

Hannibal_00

Jul 29, 2019
v17 of my mods just came out, and that includes Void Monster. :)
https://sites.google.com/site/reikasminecraft/home

Dynamo has been nerfed, slight dent in my interdimensional power transfer there. It's not very realistic but could you come up with interdimensional power transfer local to rotarycraft?

Dynamos and tessaracts are the only efficient way to transfer power from a fusion reactor located far away or in a mystcraft world. Something like an ender shaft that requires local power on the level of a gas turbine on both sides of the shaft to transfer perhaps? To offset the long-distance/interdimensional transfer of course.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
"Interdimensional" mods would feel a lot less cheaty if the transfer of power was facilitated by blocks being placed adjacent to a portal.

SinisterBro :3

Jul 29, 2019
I just wishes the further a tesseract is between another one. The more RF it costs.

(like maybe 1 rf/t per block or so and a standart 50-100 rf/t on dimension )

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Twilight Forest co-ordinates match the overworld 1:1 - The Nether matches on a 1:8 ratio. If these devices are being modeled on beaming energy through an interdimensional rift, and they are far apart from each other there is clearly a problem.
And, this is Reika's thread so I'd go so far as to say the energy coupling would be modeled as 1/r²

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Twilight Forest co-ordinates match the overworld 1:1 - The Nether matches on a 1:8 ratio. If these devices are being modeled on beaming energy through an interdimensional rift, and they are far apart from each other there is clearly a problem.
And, this is Reika's thread so I'd go so far as to say the energy coupling would be modeled as 1/r²
You would indeed be correct, but you would also be missing the main point - there is no such thing as power teleportation and as such an ender shaft is not at all something I would consider. That said, I do understand the need for power transport.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
there is no such thing as power teleportation
tell that to this guy :)
nicolatesla.gif

joking aside, i see both sides of the issue. your mods are very "real" and things like ender shafts obviously aren't, but rc power transfer as envisioned by tesla would be amazing. but i also realize that would mean changing the state of the energy rc produces before transfer (can't transfer torque through the air), and that reason is why i can see it not happening haha.

Last edited:

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
You would indeed be correct, but you would also be missing the main point - there is no such thing as power teleportation and as such an ender shaft is not at all something I would consider. That said, I do understand the need for power transport.

I'm gonna put down some words, maybe you like some, maybe not. Void belt hubs? Quantum entangled shafts? Half-life testing chamber? Ender lubricant? Inductive couplers?

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
I'm gonna put down some words, maybe you like some, maybe not. Void belt hubs? Quantum entangled shafts? Half-life testing chamber? Ender lubricant? Inductive couplers?
I could see quantum entangled being plausible... That is semi realistic with our current understanding of quantum science

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019

those words... haha. personally, if it's going to be doing something as op as wireless power transfer i think it should not be a single magic block. maybe the receiver could be a single block, but the transmitter really should be a large structure to make it a real investment in both time and material.

also i don't think a never ending lubricant should be included, if such a substance exists irl please point me to the store i can purchase, i need for my projects.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
those words... haha. personally, if it's going to be doing something as op as wireless power transfer i think it should not be a single magic block. maybe the receiver could be a single block, but the transmitter really should be a large structure to make it a real investment in both time and material.

also i don't think a never ending lubricant should be included, if such a substance exists irl please point me to the store i can purchase, i need for my projects.
The quantum entanglement process would involve large multi-blocks and insane power. Also, the entanglement would have to be held in a type of vaccum to work.

I could see quantum entangled being plausible... That is semi realistic with our current understanding of quantum science
Problem is that entanglement of macro things is near impossible. Even if it was it would have to start at one point and the particles would have to mirror(symmetric kinda) travel to their destination

I delve into quantum physics and string theory books when not playing MC, doing advanced math, or other things

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019

So what's the "right" way to do power transport in RotaryCraft? It used to be rotational dynamo->tesseract->magnetostatic engine. Now with the dynamo and magnetostatic nerfs...? IDK.

I wonder if an emasher beaker can harvest an industrial coil for transport through a tesseract and then have an activator place it. Nope, because I'll need to set the torque and speed after it is placed..... So not totally automatic, but maybe....

NegaNote

Jul 29, 2019
the right way to transport power in rotarycraft is to actually use its shafts, bevel gears, shaft junctions, etc.

DO IT LIKE A MAN.

Hannibal_00

Jul 29, 2019
We have to have a level of suspension of reality when playing games. The reason I mentioned 'ender shaft' is because while rotarycraft maintains the realistic approach, keep in mind that is in our world not so much in minecraft where ender is realistic.

Now since something ender is considered to be as something akin to teleportation/quantum physics, an ender shaft would come to mind while still within confines of the spirit of rotarycraft which is rotational energy. It's a slight deviation admittedly, but power transfer over dimensions isn't really possible at all in both our understanding of physics and in modded minecraft until the use of ender.

Still it's up to @Reika to decide, with the development of the fusion reactor and nerf of the dynamo (no, the magnostatic nerf is fine) I would say power transport is the next issue.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
We have to have a level of suspension of reality when playing games. The reason I mentioned 'ender shaft' is because while rotarycraft maintains the realistic approach, keep in mind that is in our world not so much in minecraft where ender is realistic.
Now since something ender is considered to be as something akin to teleportation/quantum physics, an ender shaft would come to mind while still within confines of the spirit of rotarycraft which is rotational energy. It's a slight deviation admittedly, but power transfer over dimensions isn't really possible at all in both our understanding of physics and in modded minecraft until the use of ender.
RotaryCraft makes no such concessions.

Yes, power transport is never going to be as easy as in other mods, but that is intrinsic to the power system. The only way around it is to open up the possibility to completely sidestep the torque/speed ratios, as the RF conversions did. If you had some sort of RF equivalent that preserved the ratios, I would be more interested, but as it currently stands, to use RF as an intermediate is to completely negate the gearboxes.

The quantum entanglement process would involve large multi-blocks and insane power. Also, the entanglement would have to be held in a type of vaccum to work.
Problem is that entanglement of macro things is near impossible. Even if it was it would have to start at one point and the particles would have to mirror(symmetric kinda) travel to their destination
I delve into quantum physics and string theory books when not playing MC, doing advanced math, or other things
Agreed. Outside of cheap science fiction, there is no way in either RC-level tech or real-world conceptual tech to bring quantum mechanical properties to the scales we are talking about, be it entanglement or tunneling (so no teleportation!) or uncertainty or wave-particle duality.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Agreed. Outside of cheap science fiction, there is no way in either RC-level tech or real-world conceptual tech to bring quantum mechanical properties to the scales we are talking about, be it entanglement or tunneling (so no teleportation!) or uncertainty or wave-particle duality.
Why is the totemak reactor fine but this isn't?

Reactions: midi_sec

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Why is the totemak reactor fine but this isn't?
Tokamaks work on real science and several are currently being built or in operation. The only reason fusion power is not yet widely used is because it has yet to break energy equivalence, though it is always getting closer.

This is worlds apart from "we energized the polarity of the transformed singularity quantum field zones to synchronize the diamagnetic boson streams" or whatever you would find in media where quantum-mechanical properties are exploited for "large tech".