{Alpha} Unstable Pack: Bug Reports

Viktor NOR

Jul 29, 2019
1. may. Unstable 1.0.3. Had been playing for a while on this world, when suddenly it crashed and deleted my character save, i spawned back in the world with no items except the book from tinkerer, and then it started crashing every 1 minute in game. I have tried some different things to fix this, updated java to version 60 (crashlog is with updated java, but it startet happening on the last version).

http://pastebin.com/bAGMYkgA

Another bug i noticed was the blue slime drop the yellow hearts ALOT, it seems it drops the hearts instead of slimeballs, so you get about 2 hearts per kill and almost no slime (think the droprates got switched up).

I just found another crashlog that almost matched the one i got. Will test further, it seems to be a problem with the taint biome.

Edit: I disabled thaumcraft, ran the same world, the taint were gone, then I changed the config for thaumcraft to not allow taint spread, and decreased the chance of random taint biomes to as low as I could (1-100 I put it at 100 which is the lowest). Then i reenabled thaumcraft and so far no crashes.

It seems to me to be a bug that has to do with either the taint affecting enteties or taint spread. This solution worked for me anyway.

Last edited:

jacob golder

Jul 29, 2019
when i logged out and then logged back in all my items on me were gone and i was sent to spawn, like it was a new game, but my home and items at home were still there

(P.S. this is after i went on a mineing expedition, i had a stack of 64 diomands, 2 stacks of 64 iron BLOCKS, and all my good tinker construct tools)

Viktor NOR

Jul 29, 2019
when i logged out and then logged back in all my items on me were gone and i was sent to spawn, like it was a new game, but my home and items at home were still there

(P.S. this is after i went on a mineing expedition, i had a stack of 64 diomands, 2 stacks of 64 iron BLOCKS, and all my good tinker construct tools)

Same thing happened to me but instead of logging out i crashed, maybe you have the same problem as me, do you have any crash issues?

jacob golder

Jul 29, 2019
Same thing happened to me but instead of logging out i crashed, maybe you have the same problem as me, do you have any crash issues?
not while playing, but i have had it on the title screen before, while not using it, where it went back to the ftb launch menu.

Unata

Jul 29, 2019
No crash but thought this interesting, when placing a bunch of sand in the Tinker's construct smeltry, it ALL melts, I've only a 3 tall smeltry and it acts like it's limitless, only thing stopping it is the clear glass cieling, only happened with sand.
2014-06-06_09.13.30.png

Gametweeka

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if world gen for AE is working correctly. Nine hours of mining my rump off got me a total of zero charged certus. Only found the regular certus ores. Anyone found one?

AlenEviLL

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys I am new here, I really want to play this mod pack, but for some reason it does not launch on my mac, I can not figure out why, I just click launch and nothing happens

Here is my console log:
http://pastebin.com/Z6PG2r8i

Thanks in advance

OmfgItsHamster

Jul 29, 2019
Haven't seen anyone else post this but If I close the world with a master ritual stone placed in game the chuck which it's in doesn't save therefore that one chunk will be the same as the previous time the world was loaded. I can use the rituals no problem and there is no crash report but when I log off any chunks with a master stone will revert back, lost a lot of stuff before working this out. v1.0.3

Merikar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
I also have trouble with "unstable"
I changed the modpack a bit but maybe it´s still interesting for the bugfixing?
I removed the following mods:
AE, Blood Magic, Botania, buildcraft, hopperductmod, Mariculture, Painted Stone, Pneumaticcraft, rotateableblocks, voxelmap
I added the following mods:
Optifine, mapwriter, shadersmod (disabled, because of too much lag)

"Unstable" crashed while walking through a Swamp Biome and facing the big tree from the Thraumcraft mod.

http://pastebin.com/3j9BVJeF

Last edited:

Anaerin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having issues trying to build a server for "Unstable" - BoP is trying to call Java/awt to render something, and Java/awt is trying to load libXrender, which as this is a headless linux server, isn't installed.

http://pastebin.com/5MJuuPrK

"Fixed" by adding -Djava.awt.headless=true to the server arguments.

Last edited:

Tallinu

Jul 29, 2019
If you remove Tinker's Construct, the Forestry copper and tin ores don't seem to count as ore anymore and cannot be smelted in any kind of furnace (at least, vanilla or Infernal). The Pickaxe of the Core won't change them into native clusters either. Thaumcraft still seems to make the copper and tin purification research available, but I haven't managed to determine if they actually work yet.

I ended up making a MultiMC instance with Forge 1147 and updated versions of everything I could find and the problem persisted.

fire golem

Jul 29, 2019
I have a little idea too fix Blood and Bones. Add Optifine!!!!!![DOUBLEPOST=1404784831][/DOUBLEPOST]Add Optifine too all packs! Too make them playable!

iRealWilliam

Jul 29, 2019
When putting a chest adjacent to the crafting station (not crafting table) you can access the chest, put trying to make items out via the crafting station will just drop items on the ground.

iRealWilliam

Jul 29, 2019
Advanced genetics and tinkers' constructs stone sticks have the same recipe, but created advanced genetics stone sticks which cannot be used as torches

mike6715b

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to launch the Modpack crashes on startup and leaving error message: null: java.lang.NullPointerException.
I have reinstalled java and updated all my PC's drivers but the message will still appear. This crash only happens with 1.7.2 modpacks!
Someone please send me a private message if they know how to fix this problem!

Reactions: gendalf

iRealWilliam

Jul 29, 2019
Breaking Structure pipes with vein miner doesn't give back the gates or pipes that were attached to the structure pipe

Tallinu

Jul 29, 2019
the Forestry copper and tin ores...

Thaumcraft's metal purification recipes can indeed turn these ores into native clusters (even though the Pickaxe of the Core cannot), so it looks like that's how I'm getting my copper and tin smelted. Hooray for automated alchemy.