Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Emeralds.... After filtering 10 stacks of gravel and no emeralds, I'm about to cheat that crap in.
We all know the feeling. The bright side to it taking this long is that once you get one activator, at least you'll have the resources for a hopper and water bucket to automate the sieving.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Emeralds.... After filtering 10 stacks of gravel and no emeralds, I'm about to cheat that crap in.

Don't feel bad. It took me 18 stacks before I got the diamonds I needed for my first activator. I got the emeralds pretty early, then RNG was just mean to me after that.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
We all know the feeling. The bright side to it taking this long is that once you get one activator, at least you'll have the resources for a hopper and water bucket to automate the sieving.
Wouldn't the vacuum hopper suck in the drops?

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't the vacuum hopper suck in the drops?
Vacuum hopper works, but its a PITA [IMO] to work around as it sucks in everything around it and no way to tun it off/filter it. Another method of collecting sieved drops is to have a water stream push the sieved items over a vanilla hopper.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Oh..... o_O yeah... about using water buckets lol...
After you get your lava pump setup...hook up a stone barrel to the output lava and place an ice block over top [of the barrel]. Setup something fast underneath to take away the obsidian. I've never seen the like. Shut mine off after ~15 mins and haven't had to turn it on again.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
The agrarian sky and crash landing really change dynamics of resource gathering. Vanilla asks you to enchant silk for mod duping or fortune 3 asap. your not picking really here so neither is really important... well maybe fortune 3 your hammer.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
After you get your lava pump setup...hook up a stone barrel to the output lava and place an ice block over top [of the barrel]. Setup something fast underneath to take away the obsidian. I've never seen the like. Shut mine off after ~15 mins and haven't had to turn it on again.
wait what.
You can produce obsidian in a barrel.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
And to think I've been wasting resources to get a diamond mining level pick..
you never needed a diamond level pick, with the TE cobble gen (what was that called again? the one you can set to produce obsidian with just a bucket water and lava per)

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
You can also make obsidian by piping in equal amounts of lava and water into a tico smeltery.
Did this on my Bevo Tech pack SSP. Have a copper tank always wrenched to output mode sitting on top of my smeltery drain. I can bucket into it a bucket of lava, then water, and instantly have 1 block/2 ingots of obsidian. Very convenient to drain into a basin to make a block without needing a pick, or add 2 iron and 5 aluminum to make alumite.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I've recently added bees, some basic mariculture fish breeding (and hatchery) along with forestry ethanol production. With all these power consumers added in, my power demands now exceed my supply. Luckily, I made a backup power source for my AE network, so that will stay running for quite a while on all the charcoal I've stocked up, but am still at a loss for my next power plant. I've been running my base off of steam from a high oven for at least the past month and recently added a bio-reactor and 2 biofuel generators. I'm reworking my water production as I need to practically double my water generation to get the second high oven working and producing viable output. (I'm generating almost 2400 RF/tick currently, and have demands of about 500 RF more.)

Should I take the plunge and get into big reactors, or just start dumping charcoal into the high temperature furnace? I have almost 400k charcoal at the moment. I plan on setting up big reactors to run a few MFR laser drills, but wasn't sure on main base power. Any thoughts and/or recommendations?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I've recently added bees, some basic mariculture fish breeding (and hatchery) along with forestry ethanol production. With all these power consumers added in, my power demands now exceed my supply. Luckily, I made a backup power source for my AE network, so that will stay running for quite a while on all the charcoal I've stocked up, but am still at a loss for my next power plant. I've been running my base off of steam from a high oven for at least the past month and recently added a bio-reactor and 2 biofuel generators. I'm reworking my water production as I need to practically double my water generation to get the second high oven working and producing viable output. (I'm generating almost 2400 RF/tick currently, and have demands of about 500 RF more.)

Should I take the plunge and get into big reactors, or just start dumping charcoal into the high temperature furnace? I have almost 400k charcoal at the moment. I plan on setting up big reactors to run a few MFR laser drills, but wasn't sure on main base power. Any thoughts and/or recommendations?
I personally would say use the high temp generator while you build your big reactor, just so that you know you won't run out of resources/power while you're building the reactor

Reactions: pizzawolf14

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
I'm generating almost 2400 RF/tick currently, and have demands of about 500 RF more.

I have almost 400k charcoal at the moment.... Any thoughts and/or recommendations?

Have you considered the heated redstone generators? 320RF/tick each, and don't need a ton of redstone. Although, it'll be more than you'll get sifting, so you'll want to have one or two Bloodwood trees on auto planting/harvesting. You can feed the logs through a cyclic assembler or two, then into a condenser if you're wanting a singularity for quantum bridges. Or just send them as-is into steam dynamos. Unfortunately, being fireproof, you can't smelt them to turn them into charcoal, but you've got plenty already. :D

Excess saplings can be fed into barrels for dirt production.

You'll want a dedicated magma crucible for the gennys, but that's a small investment.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Have you considered the heated redstone generators? 320RF/tick each, and don't need a ton of redstone. Although, it'll be more than you'll get sifting, so you'll want to have one or two Bloodwood trees on auto planting/harvesting. You can feed the logs through a cyclic assembler or two, then into a condenser if you're wanting a singularity for quantum bridges. Or just send them as-is into steam dynamos. Unfortunately, being fireproof, you can't smelt them to turn them into charcoal, but you've got plenty already. :D

Excess saplings can be fed into barrels for dirt production.

You'll want a dedicated magma crucible for the gennys, but that's a small investment.

That's a thought. I never did set up a bloodwood farm. I do have the energized/ecstatic bees going though with about 1100 unprocessed combs. They should be able to provide me with enough redstone.