Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a small reminder: If you're not using torches (or any light source, for that matter, just natural sunlight), make sure you don't fail to notice when it turns night. Otherwise...
nyvku1.png
...yeah. Look at all of those enemies!

Reactions: Jerx99 and Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a small reminder: If you're not using torches (or any light source, for that matter, just natural sunlight), make sure you don't fail to notice when it turns night. Otherwise...
nyvku1.png
...yeah. Look at all of those enemies!

It was at this moment he knew, he fucked up.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
It was at this moment he knew, he fucked up.
To be fair, it was more annoying than threathening, as I'm in full invar armor and the manuillyn (?) broadsword I'm using one-shots non-armored enemies. Still, it clogged up my smelteries with blood :/

Jul 29, 2019
To all those trying to find a blizz!
First, find yourself a taiga biome, not that hard, its not too far from spawn island.
Then, wait for it to rain (or snow in the taiga biome) and collect yourself some snow)
You can skip that if you have a glacial preciptator.
Get snow BLOCKS and place them around in the snow biome. light it up as efficiently as possible, no yellow crosses w/F7
if you have a mob grinder, this will go faster, but blizz WILL spawn eventually, or you can wait for night, get a power 5 bow, take away the torches
and just pop the non blizz mobs, then when one spawns, run in quickly with a safari net!
IEdRFR7.png

See, easy!

ThePixie35

Jul 29, 2019
Why do you have more than one High Oven? You really only need one, it won't create alloys and if you build it tall enough, it can accept six stacks of input at a time. Then you have the one high oven feeding into a 5 x 5 x (variable height) tank with all nine outputs along three of the sides.

Also, is there ANY way to share research? Since it is set to ez mode, you don't GET research notes to copy.

#1 So it looked good.
#2 So it still looked good.

Reactions: johnnypebs

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
To all those trying to find a blizz!
First, find yourself a taiga biome, not that hard, its not too far from spawn island.
Then, wait for it to rain (or snow in the taiga biome) and collect yourself some snow)
You can skip that if you have a glacial preciptator.
Get snow BLOCKS and place them around in the snow biome. light it up as efficiently as possible, no yellow crosses w/F7
if you have a mob grinder, this will go faster, but blizz WILL spawn eventually, or you can wait for night, get a power 5 bow, take away the torches
and just pop the non blizz mobs, then when one spawns, run in quickly with a safari net!
IEdRFR7.png

See, easy!
Or just use the alternate recipe for blizz powder:
8Gu0H.png

Reactions: cannajan

MiniMoggie

Jul 29, 2019
Yay I got blizz. I captured one in a safari net and now it's taken it's place in the auto-spawner I used for blaze. :D I've more mob essence than I know what to do with and that's even after I handed in the quest for it so not an issue.

I thought I now had all I needed to make cryrithium but now I find out I need something called niter. As far as I see there are 3 options for getting it. Pulverising sandstone, nether saltpeter ore or bees. I haven't actually ventured into the nether yet. Turning sand into sandstone and then pulverising back into sand for a chance of getting it sounds too much trouble. So it's either mine the nether or bees. hmmm!!! Any other options?

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
Is the height bonus for the MFR laser drill still active?

Wanted to activate my first one but remembered in some old versions if you put it at 128+ it was cheaper but on the FTB wiki this isn't mentioned.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Is the height bonus for the MFR laser drill still active?

Wanted to activate my first one but remembered in some old versions if you put it at 128+ it was cheaper but on the FTB wiki this isn't mentioned.

I believe it is, it says it in the book

Yay I got blizz. I captured one in a safari net and now it's taken it's place in the auto-spawner I used for blaze. :D I've more mob essence than I know what to do with and that's even after I handed in the quest for it so not an issue.

I thought I now had all I needed to make cryrithium but now I find out I need something called niter. As far as I see there are 3 options for getting it. Pulverising sandstone, nether saltpeter ore or bees. I haven't actually ventured into the nether yet. Turning sand into sandstone and then pulverising back into sand for a chance of getting it sounds too much trouble. So it's either mine the nether or bees. hmmm!!! Any other options?

Laser drill with focus (light gray if I remember well but don't quote me on this!). Even without focus for them i have a few thousands laying around in my mE system

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
What would someone suggest as the best pickaxe+sword from TiCon?
obsidian everything until getting +3 levelups of reinforced+1 levelup haste. then thaumium rod, +3 obsidian large plates . choice: use remaining modifier for silky or luck on your new indestructible pickaxe(reinforced x is unbreakable) faster head and it gets way too easy to troll oneself.. i like silky for keeping on me, and luck for use in activators. same principle applies to other tools.

for swords restricted to ticon, the cleavers for the behead boost, otherwise tinkers weapons as weapons.. hnng..

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
A full alumite for a sword is pretty easy and I am able to one shot zombies, creepers, etc without any upgrades. And also its pretty easy to obtain.

Also can anyone explain me a bit how high ovens can triple ores and why people use them, because you just get a few slots(1 for a 3 high one) which seems like a hassle.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
Also can anyone explain me a bit how high ovens can triple ores and why people use them, because you just get a few slots(1 for a 3 high one) which seems like a hassle.
They output three ingots per ore block, including ore sand blocks. You'll generally want a larger High Temp Oven -- the max size can process six items at a time. Once it heats up, it'll actually melt ore blocks much faster than a normal smeltery, and it can also hold stacks in each, which helps if you aren't automating it heavily. The biggest benefit is less the ore tripling, though, and more that it will /never/ make alloys from mixing metals, only from extra solid ingredients. So you only need one High Temp Oven to process all of your ores, instead of separating Iron and Nickel. Downside is that it can't process Ex Nihilo Broken (Metal) (Pieces).

Tip for making your high oven seared bricks : the Smeltery cooks Compressed Cobblestone as fast as normal cobblestone, and provides significantly more seared stone per block and thus per lava and time investment.

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
A full alumite for a sword is pretty easy and I am able to one shot zombies, creepers, etc without any upgrades. And also its pretty easy to obtain.

It can as said handle 6 input slots if built to that size and each of those can hold a stack(only does one item at a time of the stack), but when properly heated has absurd speed(exclusions apply like platinum for some reason).

Tripling is default in any of the ore equivalents so if a TiCon smelter creates 2 ingots the high oven creates 3 and so on(nether ores also apply :O ).

Sadly steel conversion does not have tripling, but it has some mechanics with the additives I didn't bother getting into as I had absurd amounts of iron need for the steel I required.

On an unrelated note, is the only way of specifically crafting white stained glass getting the bees that produce white dye ATM (bone meal produces porcelain instead) ?
Well that was a derp, didn't actually try to combine porcelain and glass.
Read it was a problem in earlier version and just have subconsciously blocked the idea of trying it >.<

Last edited:

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
It can as said handle 6 input slots if built to that size and each of those can hold a stack(only does one item at a time of the stack), but when properly heated has absurd speed(exclusions apply like platinum for some reason).

Tripling is default in any of the ore equivalents so if a TiCon smelter creates 2 ingots the high oven creates 3 and so on(nether ores also apply :O ).

Sadly steel conversion does not have tripling, but it has some mechanics with the additives I didn't bother getting into as I had absurd amounts of iron need for the steel I required.

On an unrelated note, is the only way of specifically crafting white stained glass getting the bees that produce white dye ATM (bone meal produces porcelain instead) ?

Im pretty sure you can use porcelan clay with the MFR recipe too.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019

An MFR laser drill with a white filter will have you swimming in Niter in no time.

Reactions: MiniMoggie

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Am I the only person who doesn't even want to bother with a high oven? I mean aside from steel production for big reactors. My current setup works fine (except for blood sometimes clogging up the system), it's consistent and it doesn't require producing charcoal to heat it up. Yes, I lose out triping (instead setting for mere doubling, and that's assuming I don't just send broken/pulverized ores, which I do), but it's consistent and it would be a massive pain to tear it down, rebuild it and then set up full automatization again.

MiniMoggie

Jul 29, 2019
Wanted dead or alive - preferably dead. One dirt thief. He removed a piece of dirt from underneath a repeater that was part of the power set up for my drawbridge extending over the void to another island:eek:. I'm so glad I wasn't standing on it at the time.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
So... Thaumcraft.

To get Greatwood for the alchemy quest thing, I need a greatwood sapling. Which means I need the whole Infusion thing going. Now, I got the ExNi core research, although the crystal clusters are going to be more pounding of All The Things, and I got the research for the ExNi vis filters, but seriously? And Dangerous levels of instability? Geez... talk about your tech gate...