Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TaintedHorizon

Jul 29, 2019
check bee's territory. you can add frame that make it bigger or use industrial apiary with the upgrade
Thanks! The territory for all the bee sets are largest, and the flowering is maximum! I just moved on to another quest and will keep plugging away and see what I'm obviously missing..:)

FnDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I'm here to vent. Finished almost every other quest in 2.1.3 except for Bee Domination (on 20% of that one, just will take some time) and "The End".

I'd be happier if Nether Iridium were obtainable but it currently isn't. I did due dilligence and checked Skyboy's code - Nether Iridium isn't obtainable through the MFR Mining Laser due to a coding bug, and I've done an MCEdit of my entire nether (multiple thousand chunks worth of data) and there isn't a single block of Nether Iridium generated from NetherOres, even though "Force" is turned on in the config. I'm currently trying to rebuild either or both of those mods to put in some debugging statements to see *why* it's not working, but gradle/ant/maven/eclipse/jdk isn't working, or the mods have moved on to a 1.7.x branch already, or something else.

So both current options for Nether Iridium don't work. "The End" is not obtainable with the current pack. The only way to get Nether Iridium is through quest rewards, and I've only gotten one extra that way, with no more quests to complete.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know why my sludge boilers are not functioning and when I try to remove them with a precision hammer, it also spews out a byproduct (like salt, soul sand, heat sand, etc) and when I put them back in, it does one work then goes dormant again. This is my layout for it since sludge is being produced lots by the harvester than 1 boiler can handle.

Other info I can give is I'm using SSP 2.1.2 version.

BCOVUNS.png

XCTo1XC.png

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know why my sludge boilers are not functioning and when I try to remove them with a precision hammer, it also spews out a byproduct (like salt, soul sand, heat sand, etc) and when I put them back in, it does one work then goes dormant again. This is my layout for it since sludge is being produced lots by the harvester than 1 boiler can handle.

Other info I can give is I'm using SSP 2.1.2 version.
See the red on the edges of the item ducts? Means they're back stuffed. Check the other end of the duct (can't see from the screenshot) and make sure they have a valid inventory as a destination.

Reactions: TaintedHorizon

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, Thermal Expansion refuses for good and for ill to consider double chests to be anything but two separate chests.
Its due to the fact that vanilla minecraft doesn't actually combine chests, its just lets you graphically access both at the same time with one GUI.

TaintedHorizon

Jul 29, 2019
For my problem, there was something weird with my pollination I believe. I had ripped gui.maximum out of jaded beees and was using that on all my bees. I grabbed some stock bees with slower and faster and they started pollinating trees. Perhaps that gui.maximum has issues or something.

Edit: I think I am wrong about gui.maximum. I think the problem is all the flowers types for my bees is set to rocks, and rocks can't pollinate trees of course!!!!

Last edited:

MiniMoggie

Jul 29, 2019
I saw a butterfly in my base :) Is it all the flowers the bees are producing that's causing them to spawn and how do I capture them? Also so far the only mob I've not had spawn naturally on my base (including squid) is a blizz. Any idea how I do that? I've built a platform in the tigra biome and I've kept the torches to a minimum. I'm getting plenty of other mobs which I keep clearing out but so far no blizz.

On an unrelated question how do you upload screenshots?

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
I saw a butterfly in my base :) Is it all the flowers the bees are producing that's causing them to spawn and how do I capture them? Also so far the only mob I've not had spawn naturally on my base (including squid) is a blizz. Any idea how I do that? I've built a platform in the tigra biome and I've kept the torches to a minimum. I'm getting plenty of other mobs which I keep clearing out but so far no blizz.

use a image hosting service (photobucket, imgurl,...) and voila you have a url you can use

screenshots are made with F2 in game and resulting shots can be found in the minecraft folder of the pack you are playing

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019

To not spoil those that want to figure out themselves don't open spoiler
Butterflies have a random chance of spawning from forestry trees, make a enclosed building with trees the forestry trees inside and you'll slowly accumulate butterflies which pollinate like bees do.

Blizzes spawn only on snow blocks in winter biomes, light level doesn't seem to matter (peaceful is obviously not an option)

Reactions: MiniMoggie

FnDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Butterflies can be caught by right clicking on them with a forestry scoop. This will turn them into an item for about five seconds - after that they'll fly away again.

Or...

You can use a grinder on your butterflies for a free source of mob essence. /heartless

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Looks like it's very well disabled.

... the looting 3 book, it's only useful once I make thaumcraft tools, right?

Right on the money with being disabled. I tried all that stuff as well the first time I heard about it haha.

The books(especially since you don't need to strip then enchants and put them on a book) are useful for copying with biblio. A bound sword loves looting 3 ;)

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
My new ore processing. Tripling with High Ovens. <snip img>

Sorting with deep tanks.
Why do you have more than one High Oven? You really only need one, it won't create alloys and if you build it tall enough, it can accept six stacks of input at a time. Then you have the one high oven feeding into a 5 x 5 x (variable height) tank with all nine outputs along three of the sides.

Also, is there ANY way to share research? Since it is set to ez mode, you don't GET research notes to copy.

Last edited:

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
I re-enabled the mini smelteries. I don't like dealing with multiple large smelteries. Or making lots of hammers.

It's a config option within the ex aliquo config.