Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
So... Thaumcraft.

To get Greatwood for the alchemy quest thing, I need a greatwood sapling. Which means I need the whole Infusion thing going. Now, I got the ExNi core research, although the crystal clusters are going to be more pounding of All The Things, and I got the research for the ExNi vis filters, but seriously? And Dangerous levels of instability? Geez... talk about your tech gate...
And the best part? One of the quests it unlocks requires you to submit a greatwood sapling, even going so far as to explaining how to get it. Gee, thanks game, because I didn't need it for a prerequisite. Though I simply got a pech to give one (after using up 2 stacks of shiny ingots and 3 stacks of silver ingots -_-)
Speaking of Thaumcraft, I really need Aer and Aqua for research. Anyone know of any good ways of getting large amounts of aqua and aer that don't involve the disassembling table?

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
So... Thaumcraft.

To get Greatwood for the alchemy quest thing, I need a greatwood sapling. Which means I need the whole Infusion thing going. Now, I got the ExNi core research, although the crystal clusters are going to be more pounding of All The Things, and I got the research for the ExNi vis filters, but seriously? And Dangerous levels of instability? Geez... talk about your tech gate...
Darkroom in magical forest got me a pech. A stack of shiny ingots got me like a dozen greatwood saplings. No silverwood sapling yet, though :(

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Darkroom in magical forest got me a pech. A stack of shiny ingots got me like a dozen greatwood saplings. No silverwood sapling yet, though :(
Seriously? I went through 2 stacks of shinies and 3 stacks of silvers before I got ONE greatwood sapling. Maybe this is payback for me getting 16 silverwood saplings from a reward bag earlier :p

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
And the best part? One of the quests it unlocks requires you to submit a greatwood sapling, even going so far as to explaining how to get it. Gee, thanks game, because I didn't need it for a prerequisite. Though I simply got a pech to give one (after using up 2 stacks of shiny ingots and 3 stacks of silver ingots -_-)
Speaking of Thaumcraft, I really need Aer and Aqua for research. Anyone know of any good ways of getting large amounts of aqua and aer that don't involve the disassembling table?
Well its difficult to get larger amounts of the primals since anything you scan can't be re-scanned.
Honestly the combination of disassembly table+feeding it crafting tables is pretty good for all aspects except for fire. Every 1-3 crafting tables gives an aspect.

Scanning all the music discs have 4 aer a pop (don't know how many research points that equates to though). Different potions count as their own scan item but all have aqua so creating lots of unique potions could give some points as well.

All of the wand/staff cores have a lot of primals in them as well, and last thing I can think if simply going to either Y=10 or the nether and search for nodes to scan.

Last edited:

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Or just use the alternate recipe for blizz powder:
8Gu0H.png
Or better yet, BEES. Still not sure why people want the blizz so much when bees are such an easy option with Gendustry.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
if you have some silverwoord saplings you can make a magical biome
If I had silverwood saplings, I wouldn't NEED a magical biome :p

Also, Big Reactors, I'm trying to set up an auto-shutoff switch with MFR PRC. I've got a Comparator hooked up to my Resonant Energy Cell. Redstone dust laying on rednet cable so the rednet cable accepts signal from the redstone dust. Got it set up to send a signal on White to the reactor if it is Greater Than Or Equal 14 (nearly full), and to output a signal on Orange if it is Less Than Or Equal To 3 (nearly empty). However, it doesn't seem to be working well.

Is there somewhere that explains the gui for the Big Reactors RedNet Port?

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I am getting ready to make the magician's blood orb. I'm currently brewing instant health II splash potions as well as regen II splash potions, as I need to get 15k LP out of myself on top of the 10k I already have in the blood altar to get it. I could use sacrifices, but they're too few to make a difference. (Or I could use villagers as I have spawn eggs for them, but I heard that something bad happens if I sacrifice them, so I won't risk it)

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Alright, I am getting ready to make the magician's blood orb. I'm currently brewing instant health II splash potions as well as regen II splash potions, as I need to get 15k LP out of myself on top of the 10k I already have in the blood altar to get it. I could use sacrifices, but they're too few to make a difference. (Or I could use villagers as I have spawn eggs for them, but I heard that something bad happens if I sacrifice them, so I won't risk it)
you could use an auto spawner or use the ****ton of arrows you get from your mobspawner for chicken eggs

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Am I the only person who doesn't even want to bother with a high oven? I mean aside from steel production for big reactors. My current setup works fine (except for blood sometimes clogging up the system), it's consistent and it doesn't require producing charcoal to heat it up. Yes, I lose out triping (instead setting for mere doubling, and that's assuming I don't just send broken/pulverized ores, which I do), but it's consistent and it would be a massive pain to tear it down, rebuild it and then set up full automatization again.

I really don't see the point of tripling the basic ores; the amount of metal I get trying to collect enough diamond/emerald/redstone...

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Am I the only person who has a few hives producing all the pyrotheum/cryotheum dust I'll ever need? Gendustry makes bees and trees really, really easy. Don't be afraid to use it. The power requirements look daunting at first glance but they're not that bad. Yes the machines have huge buffers, no they don't use huge chunks of those buffers for each operation.

Reactions: DrowElf

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
I really don't see the point of tripling the basic ores; the amount of metal I get trying to collect enough diamond/emerald/redstone...
This also. Especially redstone.
Unrelated: I made the magician's blood orb. It was painful. It took 4 regen II potions, 3 Instant health II potions and 5 instant health IV swigs (I got it as a reward earlier), but I got the blood orb as a reward.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019

Also, Big Reactors, I'm trying to set up an auto-shutoff switch with MFR PRC. I've got a Comparator hooked up to my Resonant Energy Cell. Redstone dust laying on rednet cable so the rednet cable accepts signal from the redstone dust. Got it set up to send a signal on White to the reactor if it is Greater Than Or Equal 14 (nearly full), and to output a signal on Orange if it is Less Than Or Equal To 3 (nearly empty). However, it doesn't seem to be working well.

I just rewatched PurpleMentat's video where he sets up his reactor because I had the same question. He actually set his up based on the energy buffer in the reactor itself, which should keep your energy cells full all the time, as long as you aren't using power faster than you can produce. (and if you are, just make your reactor bigger...)

Oh yeah, it's episode 29.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019

I suppose it's different in SMP, but on the off chance it's not, I have a Magical Forest Biome roughly 100m south of spawn in SSP.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019

On SSP at least there's a mystical biome at coordinates X: -1133
Y: 70
Z: 1448

Oh, and thank you for telling that there are nodes at Y level 10. I used a flight potion and scanned a whole bunch of nodes. They gave me just enough aqua to discover every single golem in the golemancy tree. Now to make them so I can continue with the quests :p Later I'll do another fly-by (especially now that I can make flight potions :) ) and go further from spawn to search for more nodes.

Wildlily

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble with ducts. I would like to transfer items from my hoppers into chests so that I don't have to empty them so often. I turn on the blue nob under the chest icon in the hopper menu and connect an itemduct to it and then a chest. It doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: and I just used a wrench to activate the hopper side to red and it still does not transfer the items.

Last edited: