Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Yeeeaaaahhh, Mariculture is nearly impossible to play in this pack due to titanium not being easy to get and the power gen seems extremely bugged, though with the lack of any good documentation on that I can't be 100% sure. Heck, there's barely any good documentation on anything in this mod, even without it being out of date (if it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have even been able to make a fish tank), which is a shame because it does look like an interesting mod to mess with.
it can use RF like any other machine on this pack

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Yeeeaaaahhh, Mariculture is nearly impossible to play in this pack due to titanium not being easy to get and the power gen seems extremely bugged, though with the lack of any good documentation on that I can't be 100% sure. Heck, there's barely any good documentation on anything in this mod, even without it being out of date (if it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have even been able to make a fish tank), which is a shame because it does look like an interesting mod to mess with.

That's sort of the point of in-game books...

Reactions: trajing and immibis

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
it can use RF like any other machine on this pack
I know that. I did want to try its own power gen for the heck of it though, but it refused to work.
NEI tells you how to craft the fish tank ? Unless you mean the ones for breeding
Yeah, I mean the giant tank which the wiki does show you how to build... but only using pictures with blocks that you can't tell where the edges are, making it nearly impossible to tell the number used on each side.
On that note though, I did wind up making an awesome tank using a bag prize of 16 of each color of stained glass. I call it my Disco Tank. :p
aSuhsnx.png

ck902Ao.png

The in-game books don't tell you much of anything either DX

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yeah. And the books give almost enough info. Pretty much covers all the general info, but not enough specifics. Stuff like, why use one type of bait over another, for instance, for the fishing. Or even the correct size for the fish tank for the feeder.

It's not a big problem. My biggest issue is, atm, there is one resource you absolutely cannot get: natural gas. No natural gas, no hard plastic. No hard plastic and there is a whole slew of nifty gadgets you can't craft.

As I said, it's a shame. Mariculture, from what I've seen and what I am puzzling out, has a lot of nifty things. And, hey, fish breeding to add to bees, trees, and butterflies. I do really like it, but as it stands it really isn't ready for prime time, so to speak.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah. And the books give almost enough info. Pretty much covers all the general info, but not enough specifics. Stuff like, why use one type of bait over another, for instance, for the fishing. Or even the correct size for the fish tank for the feeder.

It's not a big problem. My biggest issue is, atm, there is one resource you absolutely cannot get: natural gas. No natural gas, no hard plastic. No hard plastic and there is a whole slew of nifty gadgets you can't craft.

As I said, it's a shame. Mariculture, from what I've seen and what I am puzzling out, has a lot of nifty things. And, hey, fish breeding to add to bees, trees, and butterflies. I do really like it, but as it stands it really isn't ready for prime time, so to speak.

Specifics don't really need to be given. Not knowing can be better than knowing sometimes.

That is a problem with AgS but as was mentioned Mariculture might have to be removed so any effort toward fixing that would be for naught if it had to be removed which is why I think Jaded is hesitant to fix it.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

Then the pack needs a fermentation mechanic. Perhaps as a by product of composting.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
There are some specifics for mariculture that DO need to be given. Things like, oh say, that the vat can be a multiblock or a single block and has to be a multiblock for many of the operations.

The mod does some interesting stuff but feels like it is balanced for addition by itself to vanilla, not part of modpack of any size.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Something which sprung to mind with me last night when I was doing a bit of playing, is that luck with loot bags can have a big impact on your play. I don't mean things like getting your hands on a full set of armour or anything like that, I'm talking about the stuff that you can't craft. Spawn eggs and Hives are an immediate example (yes, I know that to a degree you can craft hives).

I got the spawn eggs loot reward, which had two mooshroom eggs, so I could spawn them, breed them, and then of course shear two of them and get cows. I didn't have to worry about trying to get a grass area to spawn them (which I've had very limited success with at the best of times). The mooshrooms also went a step further as they can be milked for mushroom soup which made that go with the flow quest really easy.

I also got a blizz egg in that same bag, which means that I can spawn it, trap it in a re-usable safari net and then chuck it in an auto-spawner to get blizz rods out of them. Again, this is going to make the gelid cyrorothium (sp?) quest a lot easier.

I'm a bit torn on these sort of rewards, as I know that it's luck, but I also know that you end up with getting a lot of loot bags, so there is a reasonable chance of having some quests easier because of your rewards.

CascadingDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Something which sprung to mind with me last night when I was doing a bit of playing, is that luck with loot bags can have a big impact on your play. I don't mean things like getting your hands on a full set of armour or anything like that, I'm talking about the stuff that you can't craft. Spawn eggs and Hives are an immediate example (yes, I know that to a degree you can craft hives).

I got the spawn eggs loot reward, which had two mooshroom eggs, so I could spawn them, breed them, and then of course shear two of them and get cows. I didn't have to worry about trying to get a grass area to spawn them (which I've had very limited success with at the best of times). The mooshrooms also went a step further as they can be milked for mushroom soup which made that go with the flow quest really easy.

I also got a blizz egg in that same bag, which means that I can spawn it, trap it in a re-usable safari net and then chuck it in an auto-spawner to get blizz rods out of them. Again, this is going to make the gelid cyrorothium (sp?) quest a lot easier.

I'm a bit torn on these sort of rewards, as I know that it's luck, but I also know that you end up with getting a lot of loot bags, so there is a reasonable chance of having some quests easier because of your rewards.
Make sure you match the eggs to the eggs in NEI... I'm pretty sure the blizz one is a blaze egg.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Why is the thaumium scoop with repair 5 in the " Zomg " Rewards? I didn't feel very Zomg'd
Well you will never need another one. :D
I think Zomg is the useful but not as useful as it is funny reward section.
Though it could just be the fact that you can strip that enchantment (MFR disenchanter). Copy it (Bibliocraft) and put it on other tools and weapons.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a trick to growing greatwoods? I got some saplings as a reward, and need the wood to complete a component for one of the quests. But I can't get the saplings to grow. Planted in a 2x2 and used a lot of the durability of the hoe of growth I got as a reward, and nothing. And they've been sitting there for hours.

Madraver2011

Jul 29, 2019
i
Is there a trick to growing greatwoods? I got some saplings as a reward, and need the wood to complete a component for one of the quests. But I can't get the saplings to grow. Planted in a 2x2 and used a lot of the durability of the hoe of growth I got as a reward, and nothing. And they've been sitting there for hours.
I just placed one greatwood sapling down and right clicked it once or twice with the hoe of growth, try just 1x1 instead of 2x2?

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019

it has been my experience across versions of this pack, that for greatwoods with the hoe of growth, plant a single sapling, ensure a huge space above and it should work. the other saplings may be in the way of half of its growth pattern options(trunk 4x4 when grown). interestingly having just fetched a pech forager(and omg spawned en masse in a spawner with a grinder attached that is the fastest mana bean farm in the universe) i found natural growth on the 1x1 i planted has grown and the 4x4 refuses. guessing that they are not like jungle saplings presently, or its a bug.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. First time I've seen one grow 1x1 instead of 2x2. And I tried that before and nothing :p