Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
Random rant: this is the 6th tree in a row that I bonemeal (new map) and it grows into the huge-ass oak trees that take a lifetime to clear, and endless jumping.

WHY DO YOU HATE ME THIS MUCH MINECRAFT?! WHY?!?!
Because you're supposed to make some ladders and climb to the top of the tree and clear it downwards. Should involve zero jumps. Leaf blocks won't decay until you break their connection to other leaf blocks and/or wood so just walk around on the top and clear the tree level by level until you're back to just a central trunk. Enjoy all the saplings and apples!

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to do the mushroom soup quest, but when u make mushroom soup you get natura's mushroom soup. You can't put this in a fluid transposer. I cheated in a stack of Hunger Overhaul's mushroom soup, and it works in a fluid transposer. Is there a way to convert it?

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Jadecat is there by any chace to get some kinds of facades in the mod pack? Covers over ME cable sticks up a little.

That would require BC. I will not put BC in the pack.[DOUBLEPOST=1398257879][/DOUBLEPOST]
I started again on 2.0.3 via the FTB Launcher. In the first quest group, I had to make a book binder before other quests were available. This required paper, which of course requires either cane or wood chips. So, I had to sift out the dirt hoping for some cane seeds, then get them to grow so I could get three pieces.

By the time I finally completed that quest, I was able to hand in about 2 or 3 more. For someone who hasn't played this map before, it seems like a rather high price of admission. Especially as a lot of the others give clues on how to proceed.

Also, I attempted to put a hopper over a crucible and it didn't seem to work.

1 - a book has several cheaper recipes
2 - the book binder quest does not unlock any quests, its a side quest.[DOUBLEPOST=1398257915][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am trying to do the mushroom soup quest, but when u make mushroom soup you get natura's mushroom soup. You can't put this in a fluid transposer. I cheated in a stack of Hunger Overhaul's mushroom soup, and it works in a fluid transposer. Is there a way to convert it?

Use a rancher on mooshrooms to get mushroom soup.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
Ah so the mushroom soup fluid transposer is by design to make u use rancher I see. Thanks for the reply.

Is there a way to get ardite and Cobalt thru EX-Nilhos or do u have to go to nether?

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
Ah so the mushroom soup fluid transposer is by design to make u use rancher I see. Thanks for the reply.

Is there a way to get ardite and Cobalt thru EX-Nilhos or do u have to go to nether?
Sieve soul sand. Cobalt and ardite are rare though

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
TE is working exactly as designed. As the Ex Nihilo author stated in my quote earlier, the problem is that the Crucibles from Ex Nihilo are doing things differently then TE3 expects. Neither mod is at fault. Thats the definition of a cross mod issue. BC will never be placed in Ag Skies.

There were no crucibles involved in my example, FYI. One DSU, ~8 pulverizers, 0 crucibles.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Wasn't using your example. It was at one of the other comments
I'm just pointing out that it isn't simply a mod-interaction that only happens because of how crucibles work. It happens with TE's own machines sometimes.

I'm not advocating for the inclusion of BC, just letting people know they should be careful with their itemduct networks, regardless of what they're connecting them to.

In the case of crucibles the easiest solution is to make sure there is somewhere else for the cobble to go after the crucibles. As long as there aren't any loops it will eventually find its way past the crucibles.

ThePixie35

Jul 29, 2019
This looks like the system I was aiming for ^^
Why do you have a redstone clock? You could just use a fluiduct to output
I dislike fluiduct outputs on the smelteries. It doesn't sit right with me.

Also, with this system like it is, means it is AE prepped as well.

try2bcool

Jul 29, 2019
That is preferable to spilling out several thousand cobble all at once, isn't it?

I thought it was implied I was talking about item pipes. Guess I was wrong.

The post I quoted showed TE itemducts acting rather unreliably. Even BC item spilling is reliable - you know exactly when it will happen, and it happens every time it should.

BC is reliable all right, they spill ALL the time. Pipes shouldn't spill at all. There are always ways around both of them having problems, TE is usually much simpler to solve.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I have a similar fully automated system for creating seared stone. The smeltery is 5 blocks tall though to more closely match the production speed of an extruder. Seared stone takes a while to create. Once I get enough stone I will probably make 4 more of them as I will need lots of seated stone for my build.