Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
According to the creator of Ex Nihilo the item duct issue is:

"Basically, TE looks for inventory slots on machines that it is connected to. The crucible has one input item slot for the itemduct to look at. Minecraft item slots can hold a stack of items, but the crucible can only hold one item at a time. When the crucible can take another piece of cobblestone, I open that slot up to be filled. The itemduct takes a STACK of cobblestone and tries to put the whole stack into the crucible at once. The crucible takes the one item it needs, closes the inventory slot and gives the rest back to the itemduct. If the itemduct can't get rid of the extra somewhere, it just bounces around in there.

The crucible is not lying to the itemduct or anything. In fact, the only way that I 'could' solve this issue is by lying to the itemduct and saying "I have 63 cobble, please just send one" even though my inventory is empty.

EDIT: I also want to be clear about why I don't want to fix that. Most people haven't tried this, but the crucible can melt smooth stone, gravel, netherrack and obsidian in addition to cobble. If I lied to the itemducts and said that I have 63 cobble, piping systems would assume that they couldn't put in anything except cobble.

If you want to eliminate this problem in-game, just put a hopper on top of your crucible and run the itemduct to it."

Its a cross mod issue not an item duct issue.

Reactions: PurpleMentat

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
According to the creator of Ex Nihilo the item duct issue is:

"Basically, TE looks for inventory slots on machines that it is connected to. The crucible has one input item slot for the itemduct to look at. Minecraft item slots can hold a stack of items, but the crucible can only hold one item at a time. When the crucible can take another piece of cobblestone, I open that slot up to be filled. The itemduct takes a STACK of cobblestone and tries to put the whole stack into the crucible at once. The crucible takes the one item it needs, closes the inventory slot and gives the rest back to the itemduct. If the itemduct can't get rid of the extra somewhere, it just bounces around in there.

The crucible is not lying to the itemduct or anything. In fact, the only way that I 'could' solve this issue is by lying to the itemduct and saying "I have 63 cobble, please just send one" even though my inventory is empty.

EDIT: I also want to be clear about why I don't want to fix that. Most people haven't tried this, but the crucible can melt smooth stone, gravel, netherrack and obsidian in addition to cobble. If I lied to the itemducts and said that I have 63 cobble, piping systems would assume that they couldn't put in anything except cobble.

If you want to eliminate this problem in-game, just put a hopper on top of your crucible and run the itemduct to it."

Its a cross mod issue not an item duct issue.

You can also put a Servo on top of your cobble gens and then swap it from 64 stack size to 1. then Put over flow chest on end set to dense mode for the overflow. Seems to work for me.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Remove the recipe for the quartz knife from the MAC. It will use the slightly used ones to craft the processors.

According to posts on reddit, the AE autocrafting system should be smart enough to use up the existing knives before crafting new ones - and should be capable of crafting new ones on demand. Somehow I am getting extra (damaged) knives in my system.

Reactions: PurpleMentat

Madraver2011

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding MFR Auto-Spawners and Wither Skeletons, the wiki says "Due to Wither Skeletons and Skeletons sharing the same mob ID, the "Spawn Exact Copy" option in the Auto-Spawner GUI has to be enabled to spawn Wither Skeletons in the Overworld."
However, when i place a multi-use safari net containing a Wither Skeleton in the GUI and choose the "Spawn Exact Copy" option, nothing happens. I have found that this is the same for any mob , the "Spawn Exact Copy" option basically disables the spawner. Is there something i am doing wrong, or is there a config option i have to change?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
You can also put a Servo on top of your cobble gens and then swap it from 64 stack size to 1. then Put over flow chest on end set to dense mode for the overflow. Seems to work for me.

that's what I was actually thinking of, people seem to forget that servo's have more uses then just automatic extraction and filtering

Reactions: BIBLO

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm,,, I got a bunch of bee stuff from lootbags,,, 64 alveary blocks, a few rainshields and a few light thingies... Oh well, I guess my jaded bee will get a home at last ^^* I soo don't like bees without Gendistry and I'm soo not ready to start with that (Need a MAC for that)...

Oh, is there any way to make a fast cobble-gen? Other than spamming extruders... Octuple compressed cobblestone...

And thank you Jaded for being awesome :) <3 the pack.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding MFR Auto-Spawners and Wither Skeletons, the wiki says "Due to Wither Skeletons and Skeletons sharing the same mob ID, the "Spawn Exact Copy" option in the Auto-Spawner GUI has to be enabled to spawn Wither Skeletons in the Overworld."
However, when i place a multi-use safari net containing a Wither Skeleton in the GUI and choose the "Spawn Exact Copy" option, nothing happens. I have found that this is the same for any mob , the "Spawn Exact Copy" option basically disables the spawner. Is there something i am doing wrong, or is there a config option i have to change?

Nether mobs are blacklisted from the spawner.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Why? So they just spill out all over the place when they don't know where to go?
That is preferable to spilling out several thousand cobble all at once, isn't it?

So they blow up when they get too much power? So they lag like hell and leave liquid in the pipe that still has to be rendered even though it isn't usable?
I thought it was implied I was talking about item pipes. Guess I was wrong.

No thanks.
BC have never worked as reliably as TE pipes.
The post I quoted showed TE itemducts acting rather unreliably. Even BC item spilling is reliable - you know exactly when it will happen, and it happens every time it should.

veehexx

Jul 29, 2019
I'm new to AS, and am running a 2.1.1 server. A question came up from a player on our server; what happens with multiple nether portals?
In our DW20 world, we had player portals merge in the nether (~1000 blocks apart in the overworld), and since the 8 islands in AS 2.x are a lot closer together, what method is there to avoid merging portals?

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
I'm new to AS, and am running a 2.1.1 server. A question came up from a player on our server; what happens with multiple nether portals?
In our DW20 world, we had player portals merge in the nether (~1000 blocks apart in the overworld), and since the 8 islands in AS 2.x are a lot closer together, what method is there to avoid merging portals?
The nether coordinates corispond to the overworld coordinates. If you don't want your nether portals linking to eachother you simply make sure they "share" the same coordinates. IIRC the nether coordinates are the overworld coordinates divided by 8.

You could also abandon the nether petals for the warp book and warp pages.

Reactions: veehexx

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
That is preferable to spilling out several thousand cobble all at once, isn't it?

I thought it was implied I was talking about item pipes. Guess I was wrong.

The post I quoted showed TE itemducts acting rather unreliably. Even BC item spilling is reliable - you know exactly when it will happen, and it happens every time it should.

TE is working exactly as designed. As the Ex Nihilo author stated in my quote earlier, the problem is that the Crucibles from Ex Nihilo are doing things differently then TE3 expects. Neither mod is at fault. Thats the definition of a cross mod issue. BC will never be placed in Ag Skies.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019

The portals will, by default, merge. There is no way around that.
However, Minecraft does not remember the association, and always uses the closest portal. So, if the player in question, goes into the nether, and wants to return to their own base, they must take the materials for a portal with them.
Take the overworld X and Z co-ordinates of the portal they wish to return to, divide them by 8, and build another portal as close as possible to that location. (Zans Minimap's waypoint function can really help with this if you set a waypoint that shows in both the overworld and nether).
The new portal, will then return them to their own base.

With portals setup at exactly corresponding co-ordinates they will ALWAYS link to the correct portal on the other side, unless it is extinguished for some reason.

Reactions: veehexx

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
Jadecat is there by any chace to get some kinds of facades in the mod pack? Covers over ME cable sticks up a little.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
Skeletons + Witchwater = Wither Skeletons. Just have a Skeleton MFR spawner drop them into some witchwater using conveyor belts.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
As a general question then, anyone have an idea on how to automate wither head production or is it just vanilla luck of the draw?

Witch water in a mob drop farm. An easy way is to set up an additional floor above your existing floor(s) if you have them already setup for endermen and spiders. Make the new floor endermen and spider proof then place the witch water in the drop hole with some signs to keep it from leaking down. When the skeletons drop through they will become withered. Use invar spikes or an auto activator with a cleaver to kill them. Another option is to use the mob sorter from MfR and send the skeletons to a side area with witch water and invar spikes or auto with cleaver.

Madraver2011

Jul 29, 2019
Witch water in a mob drop farm. An easy way is to set up an additional floor above your existing floor(s) if you have them already setup for endermen and spiders. Make the new floor endermen and spider proof then place the witch water in the drop hole with some signs to keep it from leaking down. When the skeletons drop through they will become withered. Use invar spikes or an auto activator with a cleaver to kill them. Another option is to use the mob sorter from MfR and send the skeletons to a side area with witch water and invar spikes or auto with cleaver.
Cheers for that :) I just replaced my witch spawner with a skeleton spawner and used witch water to push them towards the MFR grinders instead of conveyor belts :) Works a charm.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Random rant: this is the 6th tree in a row that I bonemeal (new map) and it grows into the huge-ass oak trees that take a lifetime to clear, and endless jumping.

WHY DO YOU HATE ME THIS MUCH MINECRAFT?! WHY?!?!

Reactions: TaintedHorizon

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
I started again on 2.0.3 via the FTB Launcher. In the first quest group, I had to make a book binder before other quests were available. This required paper, which of course requires either cane or wood chips. So, I had to sift out the dirt hoping for some cane seeds, then get them to grow so I could get three pieces.

By the time I finally completed that quest, I was able to hand in about 2 or 3 more. For someone who hasn't played this map before, it seems like a rather high price of admission. Especially as a lot of the others give clues on how to proceed.

Also, I attempted to put a hopper over a crucible and it didn't seem to work.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Random rant: this is the 6th tree in a row that I bonemeal (new map) and it grows into the huge-ass oak trees that take a lifetime to clear, and endless jumping.

WHY DO YOU HATE ME THIS MUCH MINECRAFT?! WHY?!?!
At least if you silkworm it you'll get tons of string. Btw, it's easier to start at the top, and clear each layer one-by-one, if you want to get all the leaves with a crook.

Alternatively, use birch.

I started again on 2.0.3 via the FTB Launcher. In the first quest group, I had to make a book binder before other quests were available. This required paper, which of course requires either cane or wood chips. So, I had to sift out the dirt hoping for some cane seeds, then get them to grow so I could get three pieces.

By the time I finally completed that quest, I was able to hand in about 2 or 3 more. For someone who hasn't played this map before, it seems like a rather high price of admission. Especially as a lot of the others give clues on how to proceed.

And then you looked at the recipe for books in NEI, right?

Reactions: TaintedHorizon