Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
How? You have to aim at the edge you are trying to extend so you are still precariously shiftspended over the void...

Ya, but instead of having to place one block at a time and going left, right and around corners, you can place 9 blocks wide then just shift walk backwards to make a large platform. I'd say that calculates as a 90% or more less chance of falling off the edge :p

Ben Edmondson

Jul 29, 2019
Just thought i would ask because i didnt find anything while looking and didnt want to go submit bug reports without checking if theres a fix in a later version but i died a few days into my agrarian skies map and quest book seemed to reset anyone else seen this happen at all?

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Just thought i would ask because i didnt find anything while looking and didnt want to go submit bug reports without checking if theres a fix in a later version but i died a few days into my agrarian skies map and quest book seemed to reset anyone else seen this happen at all?

That happent to me too, pretty sure it's not normal since it dosen't do it in 2.0.3 (at least, not when killed by COFH core using a diamond hammer ^^)

Ben Edmondson

Jul 29, 2019
That happent to me too, pretty sure it's not normal since it dosen't do it in 2.0.3 (at least, not when killed by COFH core using a diamond hammer ^^)
I was using 2.0.3 (well i still am) when it happened. Only happened once just wanted to see whether it was worth sending a bug report but it might just be a derp on players part but i dont know i fell out the world when it did it to me with questbook in hand (Damn skeleton).

Anyway. Anyone know an efficient mob farm for endermen and spiders ( well pretty much all mobs) looked on reddit but didnt really see much that could do endermen too :p

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
I was using 2.0.3 (well i still am) when it happened. Only happened once just wanted to see whether it was worth sending a bug report but it might just be a derp on players part but i dont know i fell out the world when it did it to me with questbook in hand (Damn skeleton).

Anyway. Anyone know an efficient mob farm for endermen and spiders ( well pretty much all mobs) looked on reddit but didnt really see much that could do endermen too :p

I fell off the world when i lost my progress too...

Cursed earth + enderman in an autospawner

If you don't have cursed earth start with a regular mob spawner.

Ben Edmondson

Jul 29, 2019
I fell off the world when i lost my progress too...

Cursed earth + enderman in an autospawner

If you don't have cursed earth start with a regular mob spawner.
Right ok thanks ill work on getting cursed earth i assume it works the same way as it would with a division sigil but works without?

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Ya, but instead of having to place one block at a time and going left, right and around corners, you can place 9 blocks wide then just shift walk backwards to make a large platform. I'd say that calculates as a 90% or more less chance of falling off the edge :p
If you want to extend platforms safely, make a Shovel of the Earthmover from Thaumcraft. It does, admittedly, require a rather deep investment into thaumcraft, by which time most of your platform endeavors have probably been done.

MiniMoggie

Jul 29, 2019
Do one row out from the platform you want to extend and then for the rest you come back to the safety of the main platform and use the edge of the row you extended outwards. At least that's the way I do it.

Reactions: TaintedHorizon

fleutius

Jul 29, 2019
Any goos tips on flight options. I've got a single flight potion but I'm saving it for a rainy day (or a trip to the nether)
I know of the thermoatatic harness. But are there other alternatives?
And is there a way to acquire the flight potions other than random rewards? The RNG goods have not been kind to me

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Any goos tips on flight options. I've got a single flight potion but I'm saving it for a rainy day (or a trip to the nether)
I know of the thermoatatic harness. But are there other alternatives?
And is there a way to acquire the flight potions other than random rewards? The RNG goods have not been kind to me

The potion system in Blood Magic. You can get a flight potion with 8 uses at 30mins each... some assembly and effort required.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing on latest version. I am at point where I got the 64k fluid cell. I put it in drive and start pumping in lava to it. As soon as i did my nei sysyncronized search starts acting up. I have to cycle thru each option each time i searc something. I took the 64k fluid card out and it goes back to normal is there a way to fix this. I noticed it happened on my last worl, but I thought it was because i had so many me cables on my network, so this time around I ran everything to me system with thermal expansion pipes to me interfaces at Controller to pump fluid and items into the system.

Is there a way to fix this. I would rather not build tanks evey where for the fluid quest.

Reactions: try2bcool

fleutius

Jul 29, 2019
The potion system in Blood Magic. You can get a flight potion with 8 uses at 30mins each... some assembly and effort required.
Thank you very much Jaded, had a look in NEI i didnt believe them to be craftable, you just saved my day.
That alone gives me reason to start on Blood Magic

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I am considering putting Witchery in the pack, but is there any use in SSP?

Well, the broom for one. I think some of the poppets could be handy. Since witchery has no world gen, it's great for adding in.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
That was the strange part, this was just a straight run of itemduct connecting ~8 pulverizers to a DSU of cobble. Seemingly random bit of duct in the middle of that straight line had all that cobble in it. Was kind of hard to find even with Opis.
This sort of thing is why I want Buildcraft...

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I have never used AE before Agrarian Skies. I find its base precept somewhat cheesy.

However, I am attempting to embrace it for AS, and the first thing I built with my fledgling ME network as an ME assembly multiblock, and plugged in recipes for all the AE things as they have the most complicated built trees.

I can see that I will (quickly) need to get some furnaces hooked up to do smelting tasks for the network, but my principal problem is with one of the first AE recipes: To cut basic and advanced processor assemblies you need to use a quartz cutting tool on the crafting grid with the other reagents, and it looses a point of durability per craft: I made the recipe using a fully repaired tool, but each time it crafts the assembler makes another etching tool, so I have a collection of 49/50 knives building up.

How does one use AE to automate the assembly of items that use an item that takes a durability hit on each craft?

Reactions: TaintedHorizon

try2bcool

Jul 29, 2019
This sort of thing is why I want Buildcraft...

Why? So they just spill out all over the place when they don't know where to go? So they blow up when they get too much power? So they lag like hell and leave liquid in the pipe that still has to be rendered even though it isn't usable?
No thanks.
BC have never worked as reliably as TE pipes.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I just updated to the latest version of the pack 2.1.0... ugh. Went to go make a tool forge, and it now requires blocks of cobalt, ardite, manalyum, or *steel*! Thank you Jaded! :p

This means, I can't make a scythe. I've got mobs rendering all over the place in my mob drop trap, and no easy way to clear them. (It's set up for an XP farm.)

I have never used AE before Agrarian Skies. I find its base precept somewhat cheesy.

However, I am attempting to embrace it for AS, and the first thing I built with my fledgling ME network as an ME assembly multiblock, and plugged in recipes for all the AE things as they have the most complicated built trees.

I can see that I will (quickly) need to get some furnaces hooked up to do smelting tasks for the network, but my principal problem is with one of the first AE recipes: To cut basic and advanced processor assemblies you need to use a quartz cutting tool on the crafting grid with the other reagents, and it looses a point of durability per craft: I made the recipe using a fully repaired tool, but each time it crafts the assembler makes another etching tool, so I have a collection of 49/50 knives building up.

How does one use AE to automate the assembly of items that use an item that takes a durability hit on each craft?

Remove the recipe for the quartz knife from the MAC. It will use the slightly used ones to craft the processors.

Reactions: Gerald Huppertz