Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
For sieving make a macro that autoclicks every 0.1 secs or so, goes a lot faster.

Yep. I've got it set so I click one button and I get a right click for as fast as possible, and hit another button and I get a left click held for a while.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Enderquarries in the Nether are bad for performance in this pack. :)
8LTSS4S.jpg
Things were getting a bit sluggish but that cleared it up.

Reactions: Padfoote

Grunden

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, they do wear out, but an igneous extruder, cyclic assembler and a decent supply of sticks gets you infinihammers, so not too hard to keep going :) It's a pain finding a way to stop the igneous filling up the cyclic though - no rationing pipes, until you get to thaumcraft items.

Use wooden hammers and round robin mode on the item ducts. Stack size 1 on the output duct, set the import size to 2 planks on the hammer assembler, and 1 plank on the stick assembler which outputs directly to the hammer assembler. This setup ensures that you never overfill either item and 1 log = 2 hammers.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
How are people growing 50k lettuce quickly? The same MFR build that works great for tomatoes isn't so hot for lettuce. I'm almost done with lettuce but it took a LONG time.
OMsMIeM.jpg
Here's a question: how do you GET lettuce in the first place? I got Tomatoes out of a reward, but I can't seem to find lettuce anywhere. I'm most of the way through the 'learning to skyblock' series, missing only the brewing and later options, I've gotten all of the requisite 'Hell's Kitchen' stuff out of the way, up to the Glacial Precipator, so I now have the quest for the lettuce turn-ins. I've even got the first quest done for the liquids, and the first one on 'for the hoard' as well. The only one I haven't started yet (that I can see so far) is the magic and the bees. Mostly because I've got a rather strong aversion to bees (although I got some Pristine Cultivated bees as a reward bag, so that should significantly help).

CascadingDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a question: how do you GET lettuce in the first place? I got Tomatoes out of a reward, but I can't seem to find lettuce anywhere. I'm most of the way through the 'learning to skyblock' series, missing only the brewing and later options, I've gotten all of the requisite 'Hell's Kitchen' stuff out of the way, up to the Glacial Precipator, so I now have the quest for the lettuce turn-ins. I've even got the first quest done for the liquids, and the first one on 'for the hoard' as well. The only one I haven't started yet (that I can see so far) is the magic and the bees. Mostly because I've got a rather strong aversion to bees (although I got some Pristine Cultivated bees as a reward bag, so that should significantly help).
Bonemeal some grass, break the plants. All types of seeds drop from them.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Make sure you have a couple chests handy. There are about 8 billion different harvestcraft seeds/saplings.
I'm about to the point where I'm going to start using AE for storage. I just need to figure out a consistent power supply. I've got my mob farm running off of a couple of Reactant Dynamos, feeding them gunpowder and mob essence (one was not sufficient to keep the grinder running optimally and deal with all the spawns), but that is a dedicated subsystem.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
You could always do the crucible to lava system. That seems pretty reliable and low maintenance although it does take a bit of space to set up. I have 4 crucibles feeding 1 dynamo, and it produces a bit of extra lava. I am powering my crucibles with lava under them. Others have stated that burning netherrack is a bit more effective.

1 igneous extruder can feed almost 20 crucibles generating lava.

I am getting ready to switch to ae myself and i'll be rebuilding my power system. All the inter dependencies needed to operate the various systems will be far easier to set up with ae.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
I suspect that decent power generation is going to be a challenge in this map in general. I know that in my normal minecraft game (I tend to play DW20's modpack), that buildcraft fuel and a railcraft boiler tends to be my end goal.

That really isn't an option here, I did see that there is the biofuel in MFR and that the generator can create RF. I'll have to check that out when I get far enough along the tech tree.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I suspect that decent power generation is going to be a challenge in this map in general.

Not really. The things people usually need that power for don't exist or aren't practical in this pack. Nobody is going to be shooting for 1 UU-Matter/tick. Gendustry machines use quite a bit of power but outside of the industrial apiary they're not machines you run continuously and you can always move on to traditional Alvearies which require no power. A laser drill needs a lot of juice but outside of simply doing it because you can I don't see a lot of value in the drill over automation of sieves for resources. The drill is basically lag-free but all of the powergen you need to run it will wipe out that benefit.

As far as scaling up projects to increase the speed with which I can complete quests I've found the limit to be my willingness to replicate systems more than a few times, not the power gen to drive those replicas. Only thing I'm going to go crazy with is bees. I can turn out a new alveary every 15m or so, fill them with frames and Energized bees and that quest for 150,000 pistons won't look so nasty.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
How are people growing 50k lettuce quickly? The same MFR build that works great for tomatoes isn't so hot for lettuce. I'm almost done with lettuce but it took a LONG time.
OMsMIeM.jpg

IIRC on MagicFarm crops had to be in the sunlight to grow properly... might be the same for Agrarian Skies, where crops need sunlight to be able to grow better

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
Oddly enough, I find making grout easier on Agrarian Skies than in normal modded survival. (I was hesitant to post this, in fear that jadedcat would see it and go "Oh! There's something I need to fix!")

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Oddly enough, I find making grout easier on Agrarian Skies than in normal modded survival. (I was hesitant to post this, in fear that jadedcat would see it and go "Oh! There's something I need to fix!")
that is because you get to just make the clay,sand and gravel instead of having to go search for it. with unlucky worldgen, you could easily spend a lot of time searching for clay and sand.

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
Also, is there any way to get Mycelium to spread faster? I put one at the edge of a 5x5 chunk of dirt, and it's not spreading.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Also, is there any way to get Mycelium to spread faster? I put one at the edge of a 5x5 chunk of dirt, and it's not spreading.

Put a wooden Ex-Nihilo barrel full of water near it. Should speed up the spread. I also think it spreads faster in low light conditions.

I think the watering can works as well. Not sure though, but I know for sure that the watering can will make grass blocks spread much faster so in theory...

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Only thing I'm going to go crazy with is bees. I can turn out a new alveary every 15m or so, fill them with frames and Energized bees and that quest for 150,000 pistons won't look so nasty.

How do you get bees? I've seen the artificial hives, but not really sure how they work. I tried looking online, but couldn't find much information on them. According to NEI, bees are the only way to get the thaumcraft shards, so I want to get cracking on them. (and for the redstone)

Madraver2011

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get bees? I've seen the artificial hives, but not really sure how they work. I tried looking online, but couldn't find much information on them. According to NEI, bees are the only way to get the thaumcraft shards, so I want to get cracking on them. (and for the redstone)
Bees aren't the only way to get shards, use the Ex-Nihilo Hammer on certain block types (e.g Obsidian, TNT, Grass) to get the shards.