Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

fleutius

Jul 29, 2019
this would be why I gave you an infinite water source.... you can use other methods to get the water from there into the barrels.
And if i had only thought about glass bottles earlier ;) Had a good wait for rain when i failed in making enough barrels for clay the first time arround, but hey. All time in AS can be spent efficiantly, i used the time to gather some more iron, a long fishing trip and composting.

If you are wasting a lot of time, you are provably just not being creative enough with it.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
this would be why I gave you an infinite water source.... you can use other methods to get the water from there into the barrels.

you gave us clay buckets yes. but you need that first piece of clay in order to get one. maybe you could enable wooden buckets? they can't be used for lava at all, besides you need the crucible to make the lava, so the techtree would still remain intact. we would just get the ability to move water sooner.

edit: derp. didn't know glass bottles would work...

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
you gave us clay buckets yes. but you need that first piece of clay in order to get one. maybe you could enable wooden buckets? they can't be used for lava at all, besides you need the crucible to make the lava, so the techtree would still remain intact. we would just get the ability to move water sooner.

edit: derp. didn't know glass bottles would work...

Oh there are often multiple ways... I just don't tell you them. Mainly because I am mean, partly because I like watching people learn by exploring mods and vanilla.

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
While building my mob farm, I somehow managed to glitch one block of water to flow upwards. Eventually I got sick of messing with water and used conveyor belts.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
While building my mob farm, I somehow managed to glitch one block of water to flow upwards. Eventually I got sick of messing with water and used conveyor belts.

Whenever water misbehaves, the only thing you can do it to completely remove it and start over. Conveyor belts are the better option anyways as you can get endermen in you mob trap. If you use activators to kill mobs for the xp, just remember that the firey aspect will cause endermen to teleport.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Here's one that's probably been mentioned.

A heavy object holding down a mouse button is indistinguishable from you holding down the mouse button. I know that automating sieving and gravel/sand/dust production is one of the first things that is done, but it's still necessary at first.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
How are people growing 50k lettuce quickly? The same MFR build that works great for tomatoes isn't so hot for lettuce. I'm almost done with lettuce but it took a LONG time.
OMsMIeM.jpg

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
How are people growing 50k lettuce quickly? The same MFR build that works great for tomatoes isn't so hot for lettuce. I'm almost done with lettuce but it took a LONG time.
OMsMIeM.jpg

I used a single 9x9 plot and had a MfR Fertilizer being constantly fed and ripped through the 30k lettuce in about 4 hours. It took a crap ton of fertilizer (pun intended), but I had tons laying around from my animal farmss and crafted a bunch more with all my extra wheat, bonemeal and string from pulverized wool.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I used a single 9x9 plot and had a MfR Fertilizer being constantly fed and ripped through the 30k lettuce in about 4 hours. It took a crap ton of fertilizer (pun intended), but I had tons laying around from my animal farmss and crafted a bunch more with all my extra wheat, bonemeal and string from pulverized wool.

Yeah, I tend to reserve/use all my fertilizer on tree farms since it goes much further there. Well, I'm at 750k oak wood so those 3 composters will be able to switch over to food farms in a day or two. It is 50k lettuce in the version I'm playing. :p

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I tend to reserve/use all my fertilizer on tree farms since it goes much further there. Well, I'm at 750k oak wood so those 3 composters will be able to switch over to food farms in a day or two. It is 50k lettuce in the version I'm playing. :p

Sorry, typo.. I meant 50k :p

I make the fertilizer with apatite and sand and use it in a bunch of auto activators surrounding my tree farms. Started making dirt from all the mushrooms that I have from making soul sand. Everything seems like to accomplish one quest you make a bunch of byproduct that can be used on another with creative thinking :p Now if I could just find a use for the completely full fluid storage drive that I have of milk 16k buckets o_Oo_Oo_O

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, anyone know what Exotic Seeds are, and how to plant them? I got a few sifting sand looking for ancient spores.

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
I have seen alot of people recomending putting heavy objects on your mouse, but seriosly take care of your mice. An easier and much better thing to do is just hold your right mouse button( or left for hammering) and unplug your mouse( do not release until unplugged). Works like a charm.

Reactions: Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I have seen alot of people recomending putting heavy objects on your mouse, but seriosly take care of your mice. An easier and much better thing to do is just hold your right mouse button( or left for hammering) and unplug your mouse( do not release until unplugged). Works like a charm.

Or write a small macro for it, as I've done.