Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if it's been suggested already, but if you use an auto-spawner, lead the mobs to a 3x3 area with an activator with scythe, and in the center a sewer with a 1x1 radius upgrade to pick up the experience and a vacuum hopper to pick up the items, you can make a mob grinder that basically only needs a few buckets of mob essence with looting. if you'd use the grinder from MFR, it'd only produce a bit of the mob essence that was used to spawn that mob, but if you kill them otherwise, for example with an activator with a scythe to get a 3x3 radius, they'll drop their full experience, and since a sewer can pick up experience, you can loop it back to the spawner and spawn more mobs. ofcourse this won't work if you spawn mobs with the exact mode on. another note, if you use this to spawn endermen, you can use their balls in an ender generator to produce RF, so you can power the spawner with that power, and the excess for whatever you need

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I take it that hammers in activators do wear out? Can a comparator be connected to give off a Redstone signal when the inventory is empty and connect that to a lamp so you know when you need to replace it? Or better yet fill all the inventory slots except the first and item duct hammers to the activators so they are continuously supplied? (Later on, use an ME export bus. )

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Hmm, I think I need some help:
I'm having problems with getting some leather.
I have a 10x10 grass field surroundes by stone walls making it 11x11 total about 30 blocks away from the main island in forest/River biome.
xqk9ef9s.png
Well after I realised, that this didn't work, I tried the Nether thing, but... just no ._.
First Try: Dead within 10 seconds thanks to auto-aggressive and potion throwing pigmen.
Second try: Dead within 40 seconds, same reason.therefore: no, thanks^^
anyone have another idea how to get some leather/why my platform isn't working? Problem is: I can't enchant stuff withouut it, so nether will stay too hard until I find a way. Same with thaumcraft: No thaumcraft without leather, so no good stuff or fighting in nether :/
TiC adds an alternative recipe, requiring blank patterns, in place of leather.

grayduster

Jul 29, 2019
I take it that hammers in activators do wear out? Can a comparator be connected to give off a Redstone signal when the inventory is empty and connect that to a lamp so you know when you need to replace it? Or better yet fill all the inventory slots except the first and item duct hammers to the activators so they are continuously supplied? (Later on, use an ME export bus. )

Yeah, they do wear out, but an igneous extruder, cyclic assembler and a decent supply of sticks gets you infinihammers, so not too hard to keep going :) It's a pain finding a way to stop the igneous filling up the cyclic though - no rationing pipes, until you get to thaumcraft items.

try2bcool

Jul 29, 2019
FYI for those people using Igneous Extruders and TE item ducts to pipe cobble into large numbers of crucibles. Be careful of backed up cobble in your ducts. I had a large system with 36 crucibles being fed from 4 igneous extruders. After about 10+ hours of running I had 15,000+ cobble backed up in the system causing major lag. When I took the system down I had cobble popping out of the wrenched ducts everywhere. To prevent this, put servos on the outputs from the igneous extruders and set the stack size to 1 and make sure you have a duct connected set to dense output to extract the extra cobble into storage.

Anyone with large farms that have harvesters, especially tree farms and if you have multiple TiCon smelteries... All of these processes are very "lighting engine" intensive. If you have lag, turn OFF smooth lighting in the graphics settings.

Make an area 9x9 and get the mycelium started. Place 4 wooden barrels in the corners but 2 blocks in. Use an aqueous accumulator with fluid ducts to fill the barrels with water from the bottom. Use fluid ducts with servos set to filter witch water from the top and output to drums or ME storage system. As the water turns, it will spawn 2-4 mushrooms. Use a harvester set to harvest small shrooms. Since you are constantly replacing the witch water with fresh water you will spawn mushrooms at a very high rate. Setup correctly, a 9x9 area will accumulate 10k of each mushroom in about 8 hours. Use a level 3 area upgrade on the harvester to cover the area. If you have a lot of sand, you can start a soul sand farm by piping the witch water from the drums or your ME system into 1-2 barrels from the side and pipe in sand from the top and pipe out the resulting soul sand from the bottom.

9kuw3m.jpg

What is the behind the harvester? A chest? How do you make the mushrooms into soup automatically?

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
What is the behind the harvester? A chest? How do you make the mushrooms into soup automatically?

Ya, I put a chest out the back of the harvesters as a buffer between them and the ME import bus. I can't remember why, I've been doing it that way so long. It might be that MfR won't go directly into a ME bus or maybe they just work more efficiently that way...

As for the mushroom soup to liquid.. I have not gotten to automating that yet, but my plan is to use a cyclic assembler in combination with a fluid transposer. I figure I can get away with only using a few bowls. You can have the cyclic make the mushroom soup using bowls and mushroom then output that to the fluid transposer in "fill" mode then have the fluid transposer pass the empty bowl back to the cyclic assembler. Output the fluid to a drum or the ME system.

try2bcool

Jul 29, 2019
Ya, I put a chest out the back of the harvesters as a buffer between them and the ME import bus. I can't remember why, I've been doing it that way so long. It might be that MfR won't go directly into a ME bus or maybe they just work more efficiently that way...

As for the mushroom soup to liquid.. I have not gotten to automating that yet, but my plan is to use a cyclic assembler in combination with a fluid transposer. I figure I can get away with only using a few bowls. You can have the cyclic make the mushroom soup using bowls and mushroom then output that to the fluid transposer in "fill" mode then have the fluid transposer pass the empty bowl back to the cyclic assembler. Output the fluid to a drum or the ME system.

I don't think that's going to work, it doesn't look like you can empty bowls with the fluid transposer. At least, i've not been able to set it any manner of way to get it to empty bowls. I'm thinking you just have to make some mooshrooms and use a rancher at this point.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think that's going to work, it doesn't look like you can empty bowls with the fluid transposer. At least, i've not been able to set it any manner of way to get it to empty bowls. I'm thinking you just have to make some mooshrooms and use a rancher at this point.

I "think" I've actually seen this recipe in NEI (bowl with soup in a Fluid Transposer) when I was browsing through some of the quests this morning. Gives a full bucket of soup. ... But then again, I didn't have my morning coffee yet. :)

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019

Ya, I just tried it. Looks like there is a bug. When you make mushroom soup it is the Natura version and not the Hunger Overhaul version. Looks like the Fluid Transposer only works with the Hunger Overhaul version. I'm going to report this bug. I cheated in some of the Hunger Overhaul soups and they worked, but you cannot make them...

try2bcool

Jul 29, 2019
Ya, I just tried it. Looks like there is a bug. When you make mushroom soup it is the Natura version and not the Hunger Overhaul version. Looks like the Fluid Transposer only works with the Hunger Overhaul version. I'm going to report this bug. I cheated in some of the Hunger Overhaul soups and they worked, but you cannot make them...

I wonder if mooshrooms have the waiting period like the cows do for milk.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019

Looks like ranching mooshrooms works. Instead of milk you get mushroom soup as a liquid. Looks like it produces it pretty quickly as well.

try2bcool

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like ranching mooshrooms works. Instead of milk you get mushroom soup as a liquid. Looks like it produces it pretty quickly as well.

Yep, I'm in the process of breeding them to get a bunch of them. I might complete this in a few years... ;)

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, I'm in the process of breeding them to get a bunch of them. I might complete this in a few years... ;)

If you have ancient spores, you can turn regular cows into mooshrooms.[DOUBLEPOST=1397505740][/DOUBLEPOST]
Really, what I want now is an Molecular assembly chamber, it's just that I don't think I have enough diamonds, would 17 diamonds be enough?

Should be enough to make the smallest one. You can always add onto it later.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
How do you craft the fish feeder for the breeding of fish in Mariculture? I tried to craft one as per the recipe in NEI, but it didn't work.

I'm basically looking for an easy way to get leather, so I wanted to get cod fish and process them.

Dis iz Chris

Jul 29, 2019
How do you craft the fish feeder for the breeding of fish in Mariculture? I tried to craft one as per the recipe in NEI, but it didn't work.

I'm basically looking for an easy way to get leather, so I wanted to get cod fish and process them.
The recipe works just fine, i made a few myself about an hour ago