Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
File under 'vent': Finally get a grass seed, set up a little animal farm spawn area. Come back a couple hours later, hoping to find a pig, maybe a chicken. Nope! Hi, Mr. Ocelot! Really?

Let's make the best of it, never bothered to tame one in minecraft before. Half a stack of fish later, yay, kitty! Turns out they did too good a job with the sound assets, because my RL cats went a little nuts, jumping on the desk, and generally being pains in the ass until I turned off the sound. Had to exile virtual kitty to the back 40, guarding my mob farm.

Still hoping for a chicken :(

Do not bother with grass spawning pads, build a mob farm and craft yourself the spawneggs, pig, chicken and squid are easy, but you will need leather for the cow, so thats the only downside, but you generarly dont need leather for too much things. There is a way to get one later on with blood magic.

Reactions: Bagman817

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
Try expanding the internal size to about 9x9. I originally had (I think) a 5x5x3 like you currently do, and rarely had spawns until I bumped it up to a 9x9x3 internal.
Yep That did it! Thanks.[DOUBLEPOST=1397414348][/DOUBLEPOST]
File under 'vent': Finally get a grass seed, set up a little animal farm spawn area. Come back a couple hours later, hoping to find a pig, maybe a chicken. Nope! Hi, Mr. Ocelot! Really?

Let's make the best of it, never bothered to tame one in minecraft before. Half a stack of fish later, yay, kitty! Turns out they did too good a job with the sound assets, because my RL cats went a little nuts, jumping on the desk, and generally being pains in the ass until I turned off the sound. Had to exile virtual kitty to the back 40, guarding my mob farm.

Still hoping for a chicken :(

Check your Biome, it sounds you put your farm in the jungle biome if you got an ocelot. i made the same mistake and never got any thing else. I relocated it directly north of the spawn so the entire 9x9 is in the forest biome and now have sheep, pigs, cows and chickens spawning on a regular basis. I haven't even bothered breeding, I just go kill the extras all the time.

Reactions: Padfoote

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
That is the easy part.

Next part you have to setup mariculture's multiblock smelter and melt the limestone into quicklime.
Then you need to setup a 2x2 vat---took me awhile to figure out that this was even possible---pump it full of water and then pump your quicklime into it.
Then take the dusts the vat produces and throw them back in the smelter this time moving the output to an ingot caster. This will give you mostly magnesium ingots.
Then you need rutile---most of which I got from mining the nether. You then smelt/combine the rutile(impure titanium) with your magnesium bars in the smelter or in a TiC smeltery to make titanium.

Melting limestone into quicklime take FOREVER. I need to try some top tier upgrades to see if I can speed that up. Then again I don't have any more limestone.

I had enough metals from sifting in storage to finish the metal block hoarding quest. I had enough limestone from sifting for 24 titanium ingots.
I'm confused, can you actually get anything from sieving limestone?

grayduster

Jul 29, 2019
how are you processing the ore fragments gotten from sifting gravel and dust? Given this focus on automate everything, I don't want to just dump int into barrels for later manual processing. But 18 cyclic assemblers seems a bit ... overkill... but without reassembly I'd need to use 9 TiCo smelteries. also overkill.

Actually, I used 27 cyclics, but only 4-5 pulveriser/redstone furnace pairs. 4 autonomous activators (2 pairs) were enough to keep up with the hammering duties. Bear in mind, I'm only using one igneous to feed all of this - if I needed more initial cobble/sand/dust, then the activators would be an issue. AE would definitely be better, but I did it for early game (iron/gold/glass/redstone level of resource). The lack of packagers in the modpack hurts me here :)

The hammering automation video is still scheduled for release tomorrow, but the initial build is here:

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how many magmatic dynamos one crucible and igneous extruder can support? It seems to be able to keep up with one, also, my crucible is fueled by a fire from netherack.

UnderscoreH

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how many magmatic dynamos one crucible and igneous extruder can support? It seems to be able to keep up with one, also, my crucible is fueled by a fire from netherack.
i would highly recommend using ender generators over magma power.

grayduster

Jul 29, 2019

Quite a lot actually, One igneous feeds at least 12 crucibles and 5 magmatics from that without issue, as well as supplying all my ore systems with cobble

UnderscoreH

Jul 29, 2019
You can pulverise the block dust form only, so Iron Ore Dust etc. You still have to get it to that stage :)
I have made a work around for that and only use the gravel and just trash the sands/dusts. if i need more i just set up more AA's and sieves.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
Okay an annoying question. I got the flying pan early on so I could cook stuff... however I cant place it down at all anywhere. I've never messed with TC pans before.

Also... is it worth finishing up the quest 'the QDS, 'no help given'' I mean.. it gives you a hopper, buit finishing it takes said hopper away... is it worth finishing, or keeping the hopper to finish it later on?

grayduster

Jul 29, 2019
I have made a work around for that and only use the gravel and just trash the sands/dusts. if i need more i just set up more AA's and sieves.

What kind of workaround? The ore gravel and ore sand won't go into the pulveriser since a recent update.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Okay an annoying question. I got the flying pan early on so I could cook stuff... however I cant place it down at all anywhere. I've never messed with TC pans before.

Also... is it worth finishing up the quest 'the QDS, 'no help given'' I mean.. it gives you a hopper, buit finishing it takes said hopper away... is it worth finishing, or keeping the hopper to finish it later on?
Shift click the pan on the ground.

Reactions: Padfoote

UnderscoreH

Jul 29, 2019
What kind of workaround? The ore gravel and ore sand won't go into the pulveriser since a recent update.
There is a block in the game called " Automatic Dictonary Converter" by Mariculture. I was fortunate enough to get clams as a reward in a reward bag so i could get pearls. it requires pearls in the ADC. It is a powerful block. I had a setup with 9 cyclic assemblers crafting the gravel ores to macerate and smelt them. I just had to change my setup a bit.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
There is a block in the game called " Automatic Dictonary Converter" by Mariculture. I was fortunate enough to get clams as a reward in a reward bag so i could get pearls. it requires pearls in the ADC. It is a powerful block. I had a setup with 9 cyclic assemblers crafting the gravel ores to macerate and smelt them. I just had to change my setup a bit.
The Unifier is better.

Reactions: TaintedHorizon

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019

I turned the quest in right away to finish it, mainly because I felt that the hopper was given only to show how the QDS system works and you were expected to turn it in. Keeping it at the beginning of the game felt like cheating to me.

Dis iz Chris

Jul 29, 2019
I've actually dont the math on this, 1 Igneous Extruder can provide enough cobble to keep 20 crucibles fueled by a flame (burning netherrack) busy, with a tiny bit of excess, but if you add 1 more crucible, it'll only occationally get some stone in it (using impulse itemducts.

as for the magmatics, using the above crucible setup it takes 1.6 crucibles to fuel 1 magmatic consistantly

Reactions: Methusalem