Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
Not really, enderlily farms can't keep up with even a basic vanilla mob trap. I had 6-7 seeds on end stone for the last week, never got an extra seed from any of them. Meanwhile I've done ~128 stacks of ender pearls from a mob trap.
It's still a nice little extra to have though. You can grab em from time to time and save them.. up or use them for that vacuum hopper you're just about to make.

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
Its 10k, unless they changed it in 2.0.2, but those arent early quests, do them once you can automate the farms.
Even with automation, it seems like it would take a long time, but at least I have planter and harvester. Also, I finished my Mob farm, it has a 23 block drop from a room full of cursed earth and fans around the edges. Why 23 blocks? Because that will leave the mobs with 1 health point (half a heart) left so I can kill them and get experience.

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
Need some input. I made a 5x5x3 mob room early game about 30 blocks East of the spawn so its in the river Biome. Its at about elev 89 with a 1x1 drop down to my platform at 69. The entire structure is made out of oak planks. The only problem is hardly anything ever spawns in it. The rest of my platform areas are all lit up so nothing spawns there and whenever I check the minimap to see if there is anything in the room I'm lucky if there is 1 skeleton and 1 creeper.

I had my passive mob farm there and nothing ever spawned so I moved it north to the forest biome and have 2 cows and 2 sheep. Do hostile mobs not spawn well in the river biome either? or at a slower rate?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Need some input. I made a 5x5x3 mob room early game about 30 blocks East of the spawn so its in the river Biome. Its at about elev 89 with a 1x1 drop down to my platform at 69. The entire structure is made out of oak planks. The only problem is hardly anything ever spawns in it. The rest of my platform areas are all lit up so nothing spawns there and whenever I check the minimap to see if there is anything in the room I'm lucky if there is 1 skeleton and 1 creeper.

I had my passive mob farm there and nothing ever spawned so I moved it north to the forest biome and have 2 cows and 2 sheep. Do hostile mobs not spawn well in the river biome either? or at a slower rate?

Try expanding the internal size to about 9x9. I originally had (I think) a 5x5x3 like you currently do, and rarely had spawns until I bumped it up to a 9x9x3 internal.

Reactions: Gerald Huppertz

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
It's still a nice little extra to have though. You can grab em from time to time and save them.. up or use them for that vacuum hopper you're just about to make.

I think I have ender pearls covered without enderlilies. Any decent mob grinder is going to shower you with them in a skyblock map. Start doing some mariculture and you'll have another source that is even better than enderlilies.
DyBmffM.jpg
In a regular game you can score 50+ enderlily seeds the first day without much effort. In that scenario they make a lot of sense for early game ender pearls. In Agrarian Skies they're just a waste of time that could be more productively spent elsewhere.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
How the hell did you get the Enderfish running?

You need the largest tank, the ethereal water upgrade and two of the ultimate cooling upgrades. The dragonfish give you dragon eggs, lol.

Here are some images of the tank and GUI. I had to put torches around the top to keep the water from freezing, at least part of the tank is in a Taiga biome. Not sure if that helps the tank temp or not.
Izcujxq.jpg

RU20oGF.jpg

aj5LRCy.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TaintedHorizon

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but how large is the largest tank?

I had a problem with that too. The shots on the official site make it look like the top tank is 3 deep. I had to make it 4 deep while keeping the other dimensions as the author had pictured.

Making the titanium for the upgrades was the worst part. I can't find much in the way of good example vidoes with the current build of the mod.

Reactions: TaintedHorizon

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I got overly frustrated with everything and attempting to do it without prior knowledge. What do I build the tank out of, and what are the exact dimensions relative to the fish feeder?
(Yes, @Padfoote I gave you that much information on IRC without much knowledge. Shoot me.)

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
The 4 sides are 5 units inside length with 9 units in between parallel sides and 2 diagonal connections, and 4 deep water. Just open that spoiler in post #129 if you haven't, is easy to see the dimensions of that tank.

Think you can build the tank out of any "solid" "hard" block. Don't use sand/gravel/leafblocks, etc. Stone, glass, planks, should be fine.

I don't know if this will help:

Top View
Code:
ooo+++++ooo
oo+xxxxx+oo
o+xxxxxxx+o
+xxxxxxxxx+
+xxxxxxxxx+
+xxxxxxxxx+
+xxxxxxxxx+
+xxxxxxxxx+
o+xxxxxxx+o
oo+xxxxx+oo
ooo+++++ooo

o=air
+=solid block
x=water

Then just make that 4 deep with the fish feeder on the bottom water level in the center of the tank.

Last edited:
Reactions: lukethedude

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I just wish that fish breeding was easier... it's quite complicated to cross-breed fish into the species you want, even more complicated if you're trying to get a fish breed with certain stats

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
File under 'vent': Finally get a grass seed, set up a little animal farm spawn area. Come back a couple hours later, hoping to find a pig, maybe a chicken. Nope! Hi, Mr. Ocelot! Really?

Let's make the best of it, never bothered to tame one in minecraft before. Half a stack of fish later, yay, kitty! Turns out they did too good a job with the sound assets, because my RL cats went a little nuts, jumping on the desk, and generally being pains in the ass until I turned off the sound. Had to exile virtual kitty to the back 40, guarding my mob farm.

Still hoping for a chicken :(

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
So that's how you get it! I had now idea what to do with my limestone.

That is the easy part.

Next part you have to setup mariculture's multiblock smelter and melt the limestone into quicklime.
Then you need to setup a 2x2 vat---took me awhile to figure out that this was even possible---pump it full of water and then pump your quicklime into it.
Then take the dusts the vat produces and throw them back in the smelter this time moving the output to an ingot caster. This will give you mostly magnesium ingots.
Then you need rutile---most of which I got from mining the nether. You then smelt/combine the rutile(impure titanium) with your magnesium bars in the smelter or in a TiC smeltery to make titanium.

Melting limestone into quicklime take FOREVER. I need to try some top tier upgrades to see if I can speed that up. Then again I don't have any more limestone.

I had enough metals from sifting in storage to finish the metal block hoarding quest. I had enough limestone from sifting for 24 titanium ingots.