Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

LordPMac

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to integrate the QDS with my AE system, I want to be able to tell AE to send a specific amount of items to the QDS (ie. 1000000000 Cobblestone) and no more and do the same for Liquids, I have looked through the modes and cant find away. I have tried google and cant find anyone who has done this. the Quest book leads me to think it can be done.
Any ideas.

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
I've actually dont the math on this, 1 Igneous Extruder can provide enough cobble to keep 20 crucibles fueled by a flame (burning netherrack) busy, with a tiny bit of excess, but if you add 1 more crucible, it'll only occationally get some stone in it (using impulse itemducts.

as for the magmatics, using the above crucible setup it takes 1.6 crucibles to fuel 1 magmatic consistantly
Thanks for that information, but it seems like one crucible is enough for each of my dynamos when the buffer is filled up.

Edit: You know your mob grinder is good when you get 26 levels by opening up.

Last edited:

Dis iz Chris

Jul 29, 2019
that math is just assuming the magmatics are running full-power at all times, it could be off but it seems to be close for me

firefudge

Jul 29, 2019
You could have a mycelium area with barrels filled with witch water on it, along with a MFR harvester set to harvest small mushrooms. You could also have something planter the mushrooms and applying bonemeal and then having them harvested with a MFR harvester set to not harvest small mushrooms.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
FYI for those people using Igneous Extruders and TE item ducts to pipe cobble into large numbers of crucibles. Be careful of backed up cobble in your ducts. I had a large system with 36 crucibles being fed from 4 igneous extruders. After about 10+ hours of running I had 15,000+ cobble backed up in the system causing major lag. When I took the system down I had cobble popping out of the wrenched ducts everywhere. To prevent this, put servos on the outputs from the igneous extruders and set the stack size to 1 and make sure you have a duct connected set to dense output to extract the extra cobble into storage.

Anyone with large farms that have harvesters, especially tree farms and if you have multiple TiCon smelteries... All of these processes are very "lighting engine" intensive. If you have lag, turn OFF smooth lighting in the graphics settings.

So.. is there any way to automate mushrooms? aside from the boring old vanilla way

Make an area 9x9 and get the mycelium started. Place 4 wooden barrels in the corners but 2 blocks in. Use an aqueous accumulator with fluid ducts to fill the barrels with water from the bottom. Use fluid ducts with servos set to filter witch water from the top and output to drums or ME storage system. As the water turns, it will spawn 2-4 mushrooms. Use a harvester set to harvest small shrooms. Since you are constantly replacing the witch water with fresh water you will spawn mushrooms at a very high rate. Setup correctly, a 9x9 area will accumulate 10k of each mushroom in about 8 hours. Use a level 3 area upgrade on the harvester to cover the area. If you have a lot of sand, you can start a soul sand farm by piping the witch water from the drums or your ME system into 1-2 barrels from the side and pipe in sand from the top and pipe out the resulting soul sand from the bottom.

9kuw3m.jpg

30uet1l.jpg

Last edited:

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
One thing I have noticed, it may have been mentioned by now, if you are making a 'serious' mob darkroom, I cannot strongly enough suggest using Conveyor Belts rather than Water to move mobs to the drop. It requires one iron and two redstone per 16 conveyor belts, so my 18 x 18 darkroom required a total of 64, so that's 4 iron and 8 redstone. By now, you should have a cobblegen up so this shouldn't be too hard to get. Also you have several ways of getting rubber saplings, the easiest of which is to either get slime tree saplings as a reward or get slimey water to spawn them then combine slimeball with a sapling.

Conveyor Belts will move endermen, meaning you'll get more enderpearls out of your mob farm which will make it easier to advance to vacuum hoppers. They also mean you won't need a pit for them to fall into, they can be on the same level as the rest of the darkroom. Well worth the price of admission, in my opinion.

Also don't forget a bucket of water (or milk) cycled through your crafting square nets you four fresh water (or milk) which not only stack but quadruples your output for making food with. Cycle water through your crafting square sixteen times, and you have a stack of fresh water, that you can combine with a pot to make a stack of salt. Salt + Water + Flour (wheat cycled through a Mortar and Pestle) + Mixing Bowl = Dough. Triple your food output!

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Found out the tools that you get for quest rewards can be repaired with oak planks....at least the axe and pickaxe from tinker's construct can.....something like the axe of despair......was a really nice find for me at least.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
There is a block in the game called " Automatic Dictonary Converter" by Mariculture. I was fortunate enough to get clams as a reward in a reward bag so i could get pearls. it requires pearls in the ADC. It is a powerful block. I had a setup with 9 cyclic assemblers crafting the gravel ores to macerate and smelt them. I just had to change my setup a bit.

there's actually another way of getting pearls. if you fish, there's a chance of fishing up pearls.
the best way would be to use an automatic fisher from Mariculture, otherwise you'll be sitting a long time just fishing.
also note that reed fishing rods have a low, or perhaps a zero percent chance of fishing up pearls, but the wooden fishing rod can fish up pearls, pretty good actually.
this does require a setup to make fish oil, as the wooden fishing rod requires polished sticks (note, the automatic fisher also requires 2 wooden fishing rods) but if you manage to get a male and female cod, keep breeding those to get more cod, as cod give a large amount of fish oil and don't require you to breed new species

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Another tip. Some recipes, namely pistons, machine frames, and pneumatic servos, can use aluminum in place of the iron they normally use.

Reactions: TaintedHorizon

grayduster

Jul 29, 2019
For melting in the crucible, is lava or fire better?

Netherack on fire is the best (but you need one extra block height (i.e. don't put the crucible right on top of the netherrack)), but lava is good too, if you haven't got netherrack

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
An early autonomous activator with hammers inside facing a cobblegen nets alot of gravel, but you will need vacuum hopper to suck items in, however thats pretty easy to get. It is pretty useful set up while you are working on other stuff. When you get a good amount of gravel you can then just change the activator to go to a sieve and while that you work on other stuff will get you precious materials without need to grind them manually. Ofcourse its really slow and gets quite outclassed by pulverizer, but until yu have enough stuff for that, this is a good set up.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Tip:
Use an autonomous activator instead of a grinder. Simply funnel mobs to that single block, insert the sword of your choice, and select left click.

Reactions: TaintedHorizon

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Tip:
Use an autonomous activator instead of a grinder. Simply funnel mobs to that single block, insert the sword of your choice, and select left click.
If you have sugar can, five of them in an X in the crafting grid makes five punji sticks. Low but continuous damage while on one, slows it's victims, and doesn't destroy items.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
By making it !?!?, why would you need a pulverizer.
I refer to the material costs of a pulverizer being much MUCH lower than those of an autonomous activator - unless you are insanely lucky it will always be easier to build the pulverizer to find the emeralds & diamonds required to make the autonomous activator. unless you particularly enjoy smashing cobble by hand...