Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
rule of thumb when choosing reward, If you can't find a way to acquire that item with other means, then that is probably the best choice.
Well, there is the rub. Not being familiar with the mods, how important is a slime sapling, or a bucket of slime.
The one quest gave me a choice between an enchanted fish or an enchanted wooden sword. wtf?

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Well, there is the rub. Not being familiar with the mods, how important is a slime sapling, or a bucket of slime.
The one quest gave me a choice between an enchanted fish or an enchanted wooden sword. wtf?
the sword was a wooden one, it was of limited use, altho you could get enough leaves to maybe make 3 or 4 blocks of dirt. there is one given in one of those random reward bags as well. the enchanted fish... well at least you can eat it. A lot of the rewards are like this. there are only a few that really does have a big impact on gameplay tbh.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I did choose the saucepan tho. Epic. Definitely my best item. The saucepan has protected me from numerous ... lighting failures.

celo747

Jul 29, 2019
When you went to the End was there an endstone island or was it void too?[DOUBLEPOST=1397102814][/DOUBLEPOST]
You can make increased capacity runes for the tier 4 altar with the tier 3 altar. If you're trying to make the tier 3 stone you just need some form of regen during the process. I used jaded bees.
i just tryed that along with feeding it from a drum did not work for me it goes to fast for me to keep up with reg and chugging life pots

SuperMR

Jul 29, 2019
is there any Difference between the latest version of the map and the H version of the map?

Poringosa

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I think I need some help:
I'm having problems with getting some leather.
I have a 10x10 grass field surroundes by stone walls making it 11x11 total about 30 blocks away from the main island in forest/River biome.
xqk9ef9s.png
Well after I realised, that this didn't work, I tried the Nether thing, but... just no ._.
First Try: Dead within 10 seconds thanks to auto-aggressive and potion throwing pigmen.
Second try: Dead within 40 seconds, same reason.therefore: no, thanks^^
anyone have another idea how to get some leather/why my platform isn't working? Problem is: I can't enchant stuff withouut it, so nether will stay too hard until I find a way. Same with thaumcraft: No thaumcraft without leather, so no good stuff for fighting in nether :/

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
rule of thumb when choosing reward, If you can't find a way to acquire that item with other means, then that is probably the best choice.

not completely true, as some reward options can actually be gotten from reward bags. I've gotten slimy sapplings from a reward bag. my way of picking the rewards, how much can it help me right now, and in the future. if I can choose between an item or a reward bag, I often go for the reward bag, and I always choose the first reward bag option, just to have some consistency

is there any Difference between the latest version of the map and the H version of the map?

nope, it's only renamed so the current maps in your saves won't be overwritten when you update the pack.

I have a 10x10 grass field surroundes by stone walls making it 11x11 total about 30 blocks away from the main island in forest/River biome.
xqk9ef9s.png
Well after I realised, that this didn't work, I tried the Nether thing, but... just no ._.
First Try: Dead within 10 seconds thanks to auto-aggressive and potion throwing pigmen.
Second try: Dead within 40 seconds, same reason.therefore: no, thanks^^
anyone have another idea how to get some leather/why my platform isn't working? Problem is: I can't enchant stuff withouut it, so nether will stay too hard until I find a way. Same with thaumcraft: No thaumcraft without leather, so no good stuff for fighting in nether :/

don't bother trying to get animals to spawn passively, as you need an insane amount of grass and luck to get the spawning to happen. if the nether is too dangerous for you to get an imp, your other option is Mariculture. if you smelt cod in the crucible furnace, you've a chance of getting leather. this will require you to go quite indepth with Mariculture, as you either need to keep fishing up cod, or breeding them, but it's either the nether, this, or creating a very large grass area and waiting ages for a cow to spawn...

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
You get a cow safari net from one of the quests, but you need atleast 2 to reproduce or is there a way to like sheer lether out of cows, like with DartCraft, because I am nowhere near being able to get an autospawner without using all my resources + i dont have blaze yet.

Valgaav

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, Mariculture...
The wiki is out of date, and might not be useful for this pack even if it wasn't.
How do I get the raw variants of fish? The only thing I've been able to find is that you get them when the fish die, but I need them to make the fish tank and the fish feeder, and All I catch are living fish... Is there something I'm missing, or is this just not possible?

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, Mariculture...
The wiki is out of date, and might not be useful for this pack even if it wasn't.
How do I get the raw variants of fish? The only thing I've been able to find is that you get them when the fish die, but I need them to make the fish tank and the fish feeder, and All I catch are living fish... Is there something I'm missing, or is this just not possible?

Throw the fish on the ground with Q, but be careful what you eat.

Poringosa

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, thank you for the answers about leather. I think, I'm going to try some more nether. Since I also need some blaze rods for brewing, I have to go there anyway. Still have 7 lives to waste :p 6 Stacks of arrows+2 bows, tinker swords and iron armor set might be ok for surviving long enough to get some leather...^^
Someone has some more ideas for ways to defend myself there? (No potions, enchants, thaumcraft and so on possible^^) I'm pretty new to moded minecraft, so I could easily miss something obvious^^

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hmm, thank you for the answers about leather. I think, I'm going to try some more nether. Since I also need some blaze rods for brewing, I have to go there anyway. Still have 7 lives to waste :p 6 Stacks of arrows+2 bows, tinker swords and iron armor set might be ok for surviving long enough to get some leather...^^
Someone has some more ideas for ways to defend myself there? (No potions, enchants, thaumcraft and so on possible^^) I'm pretty new to moded minecraft, so I could easily miss something obvious^^
What options are there for better-than-iron armor at this stage or thereabouts?

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
What options are there for better-than-iron armor at this stage or thereabouts?
diamond armor ofc. if you have done the right thing and set up a fully automated resource cycle, then you should be getting quite a few of them.

I havent checked if the tinker construct armor is available, but that might be good too. you are also able to get into blood magic quite early. might be some nice help to get from that.

Kik

Jul 29, 2019

You can spawn a blaze in a corner of your base, just build a small spawning room with one half block opening, in it you want a stone barrel filled with lava, you put an angry doll in it to spawn a blaze (it'll take a few seconds). That's the safest way to get that first crucial blaze rod.
I haven'T been brave enough to try the nether yet ^_^, but I HAVE found tons of Ex Nihilo and Ex Aquilo options to make all the necessary resources. According to Jaded a trip to the nether is in no way necessary to complete all the objectives of the quest book.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
You can spawn a blaze in a corner of your base, just build a small spawning room with one half block opening, in it you want a stone barrel filled with lava, you put an angry doll in it to spawn a blaze (it'll take a few seconds). That's the safest way to get that first crucial blaze rod.
I haven'T been brave enough to try the nether yet ^_^, but I HAVE found tons of Ex Nihilo and Ex Aquilo options to make all the necessary resources. According to Jaded a trip to the nether is in no way necessary to complete all the objectives of the quest book.
Indeed. no need to go to the nether. you can get everything right there in the overworld trough ex Nihilo and Ex Aquilo. including ardite and cobalt. just set up a soul sand factory.

marcmagus

Jul 29, 2019

According to The Wiki, animals will not spawn in River. I disagree with Yusunoha, getting animals to spawn is perfectly easy with a modest amount of grass as long as you set up your spawning pad and then move on to other tasks. Animal spawns are quite slow, and the passive mob cap is low, both of which make it more difficult if you go this route.

Nothing wrong with going for cod for leather, but if you move your spawn pad so it's fully in the forest you should eventually start seeing spawns. Unless you have 11 chickens sitting around elsewhere on your island.

The Snipe

Jul 29, 2019
For the purple wood, I used Autonomus activators (2 on each side of a dirt block) one placing saplings, one using bonemeal. A DSU with bones is pumped into a pulveriser which goes into all the activators on round robin, and saplings from the harvester go into the activators on the other side, everything goes into a buffer chest before being pumped to their respective locations, wood goes to a barrell, which then gets sawmilled, into another barrel --> buffer chest --> QDS so it can be turned off.

It produced an insane amount of wood, insanely fast. (I really wasn't expecting it) and got me the purple wood quest done in about an hour using just 4 trees. Planning on scaling this up for the 1M wood.

Will post screenshots as soon as I can.