Unsupported Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest Bug Reporting

• This section is closed. Please do bug reports over at the FTB GitHub repos.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jin

Jul 29, 2019
Here and here are my Opis screenshots for tile entities and entities respectively, nothing seems extraordinarily large, I'm still unsure why I am getting such high ping to my singleplayer world.

What does opis say about your mean tick time?
Also check the Handler tab for entities that aren't related to specific blocks.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Here and here are my Opis screenshots for tile entities and entities respectively, nothing seems extraordinarily large, I'm still unsure why I am getting such high ping to my singleplayer world.

What anti-virus do you use. I had a problem with McAfee going particularly crazy when I ran minecraft scanning every packet going to/from the internal/external servers. Once I adjusted my anti-virus my problems cleared up. For McAfee, if you have one of the higher tier versions of it, there is a setting for "On Demand" scanning "Thoroughness" that you can adjust on a program by program basis.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019

Check under Netwrok and handlers. There is a rare bug in Blood Magic that I thought was solved. If its still there the Blood Altar will be spamming packets.

FnDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Jaded, I have no problem if you delete responses to the iridium problem, but can you update the known issues section of the first post to tell users about it?

kinoshi_long

Jul 29, 2019
Does any one know why the toast Will not take. i am doing the Barging Rights. and any thing that has to be smelted will not work. and the white glass is still Broken... sorry

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Does any one know why the toast Will not take. i am doing the Barging Rights. and any thing that has to be smelted will not work. and the white glass is still Broken... sorry

Which version? I don't know about toast, but I thought the glass was fixed in 2.1 4

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019

The quest mod does not currently pick up on when items have been crafted using a smelter, cyclic assembler, auto crafter or MAC. Until it has that functionality or the quest is modified to accept a manual submission instead of a crafted action, you will not be able to complete it.

mysteriono

Jul 29, 2019
So it seems I cannot for the life of me pump life essence into my blood altar, I've tried every side and I've even tried both transfer pipes and fluiducts, I admittedly updated BM due to the very easily abusable dupe that is in the version shipped with the pack but even after rolling back, destroying and replacing the altar and all that jazz, nothing works.
Am I maybe doing something wrong? I checked to see if it was on a chunk boundary, it's not.

U8CqqF6.png

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
So it seems I cannot for the life of me pump life essence into my blood altar, I've tried every side and I've even tried both transfer pipes and fluiducts, I admittedly updated BM due to the very easily abusable dupe that is in the version shipped with the pack but even after rolling back, destroying and replacing the altar and all that jazz, nothing works.
Am I maybe doing something wrong? I checked to see if it was on a chunk boundary, it's not.
The fluiduct seems to not be set to output.

Keunic

Jul 29, 2019
Check under Network and handlers. There is a rare bug in Blood Magic that I thought was solved. If its still there the Blood Altar will be spamming packets.

Here is Network and here is handlers.

What anti-virus do you use. I had a problem with McAfee going particularly crazy when I ran minecraft scanning every packet going to/from the internal/external servers. Once I adjusted my anti-virus my problems cleared up. For McAfee, if you have one of the higher tier versions of it, there is a setting for "On Demand" scanning "Thoroughness" that you can adjust on a program by program basis.

I don't think it is my antivirus at this point because I have not changed my antivirus in a long time and this is a new issue, I've been on this world for awhile and this two days ago was when this ping issue started.

EDIT: If I exit out of my main world, the one I have 500+ ping in and then enter a new world, I still experience this outrageous ping, but if I close Agrarian Skies completely then reopen it and never go back to my main world, I can play another world without lag. Weird.

Last edited:

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Here is Network and here is handlers.

Looks like the Thermal Expansion grid tick handler is unusually high. What version of the pack are you running?

Possibly have a lot of "stuffed" Thermal Expansion item ducts. Most common cause is large arrays of crucibles being fed by igneous extruders with no place for the overflow of cobble to exit the pipes. Other culprits for "stuffed" ducts can be auto activators being over-fed items for sieving and planters that are constantly full of seeds/saplings..

Jin

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like the Thermal Expansion grid tick handler is unusually high. What version of the pack are you running?

Possibly have a lot of "stuffed" Thermal Expansion item ducts. Most common cause is large arrays of crucibles being fed by igneous extruders with no place for the overflow of cobble to exit the pipes. Other culprits for "stuffed" ducts can be auto activators being over-fed items for sieving and planters that are constantly full of seeds/saplings..

Ex Nihilo Barrels fed with itemducts are extremely vulnerable to this, since their input inventory only accepts single items. Using hoppers above the barrels as a buffer or a dense duct leading back into the me system should help.
The TE grid also works bursty, so it's likely to get spikes going far beyond those 12ms mean tick time.

Keunic

Jul 29, 2019

I am running Agrarian Skies 2.1.4, I changed the config in TE so that pipes don't back stuff. I was curious if my 48 crucible array was the cause of the lag, so I created the exact same thing in a clean world. My ping in that world is normal, but the network is the same and and the Thermal Expansion Tick Handler is 120. So it's not the cause.

Besides that array I have no itemducts and only almost no fluiducts.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
I am running Agrarian Skies 2.1.4, I changed the config in TE so that pipes don't back stuff. I was curious if my 48 crucible array was the cause of the lag, so I created the exact same thing in a clean world. My ping in that world is normal, but the network is the same and and the Thermal Expansion Tick Handler is 120. So it's not the cause.

If you are running 2.1.4 then there should have been no reason to modify the TE config. Can you elaborate on what you changed? Only other thing I can think of is providing a world download so I can load it up on my install and see if I can diagnose it that way.

Jin

Jul 29, 2019

It can take hours until it gets laggy. When I encountered the issue, it took a good 30 seconds to break a single itemduct in the system, releasing thousands of items.

Keunic

Jul 29, 2019
If you are running 2.1.4 then there should have been no reason to modify the TE config. Can you elaborate on what you changed? Only other thing I can think of is providing a world download so I can load it up on my install and see if I can diagnose it that way.

I edited this line in the COFH config.
I:MaxItemsInStuffedDucts=0

That shouldn't be causing any lag, it just makes sure there is no buildup in itemducts.

If you really want to download my world and see if it is just as laggy for you, here you go. I've basically turned off and ripped apart a lot of the world trying to diagnose the problem, you probably should run it on peaceful because I removed my magnum torch to check that.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
I edited this line in the COFH config.
I:MaxItemsInStuffedDucts=0

That shouldn't be causing any lag, it just makes sure there is no buildup in itemducts.

If you really want to download my world and see if it is just as laggy for you, here you go. I've basically turned off and ripped apart a lot of the world trying to diagnose the problem, you probably should run it on peaceful because I removed my magnum torch to check that.

That setting will disable the back stuffing protection code. The default of 20 should be sufficient to handle most back stuffing situations. Try settings it back to the default of 20 and load up the map again and see if that clears it up. In the mean time, I'll load up the map and see what I see.

Edit: Yup you have majorly stuffed up pipes in that crucible array. You should have left the TE config at the default setting of 20. I loaded up the map with the default and things ran just fine. I then changed my setting to 0 like you stated you have in your config then unzipped the map again and reloaded it and it was lag city. I wrenched a few pipes down there and KABLAMO, cobblestone everywhere :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.