Unsupported Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest Bug Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

zepanv

Jul 29, 2019
Getting the same after updating to 2.1.3, server ran for a few minutes then.

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.SubList cannot be cast to java.util.LinkedList
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.item.ConduitItem.truncateStuffedItems(ConduitItem.java:914)

Unisionzz

Jul 29, 2019
hmm, it seems that it's having something to do with items stuck in some kind of conduit from thermal expansion... i looked in my crash @zepanv and it is in there to, maybe it has something to do with some contraption in your and my skyblock..... would like a hotfix though and i would really like a fix for the resetting of the quests from HQM @Jadedcat i'm hoping for a fix soon so i can see what that new mod that has been added is lol

zepanv

Jul 29, 2019
I reloaded the world from a backup, and turned off the "new" stuffed behavior in the TE config but it did not help. I removed items from a full chest, causing it to re-fill and re-backstuff. Same crash.

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Folks attempting to update:

Back up your world, and don't panic. We likely need to remove all ItemDucts from the world before updating. I'm testing that myself this morning.

Unisionzz

Jul 29, 2019
ok tnx purplementat, the testing is really appreciated ;). Keep up the good work on YT, love your episodes lol.
concious to what the outcome will be.

NoHealsForU

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
i just tested 2.1.3. After removing all TE item ducts before the update the server runs again. Putting the item ducts back where they belong and let them get stuffed the server crashes again with the same error as posted by others above me.

Also:
Since yesterday (still 2.1.2) i get weird spam on the server console if someone is connected to the server:
[INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Current Stage is 1
[INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Current Stage is 0
this spams at a frequency of 1-2 messages/second. The 0/1 at the end seems to be random.

Also (may be a bug):
Maybe i should contact ProfMobius about this but i will also write this here:
/opis doesnt do anything for me (my server and im op)
no message ingame and the swing interface doesnt show up

peekomo

Jul 29, 2019
I just restarted my quest with my friends after the updates a few days ago and had maybe 30 item ducts and am having this same issue when i rollback the config/mods to 2.1.2 it works fine. I remove the item ducts and update it works fine but when i replace the item ducts get the same crash mentioned above in the updated te version (2.1.3

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.SubList cannot be cast to java.util.LinkedList
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.item.ConduitItem.truncateStuffedItems(ConduitItem.java:914)

etc:)

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
i just tested 2.1.3. After removing all TE item ducts before the update the server runs again. Putting the item ducts back where they belong and let them get stuffed the server crashes again with the same error as posted by others above me.

Also:
Since yesterday (still 2.1.2) i get weird spam on the server console if someone is connected to the server:
[INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Current Stage is 1
[INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Current Stage is 0
this spams at a frequency of 1-2 messages/second. The 0/1 at the end seems to be random.

Also (may be a bug):
Maybe i should contact ProfMobius about this but i will also write this here:
/opis doesnt do anything for me (my server and im op)
no message ingame and the swing interface doesnt show up
Is Opis enabled serverside? It isn't auto enabled.

peekomo

Jul 29, 2019
Yes and if opis is disabled still crashing with the 2.0.13 update (server side)

Testing now to see if its item ducts into jabba barrels.

The servo motor once installed on the chest with the sieve output which gets sorted by barrels is the one that crashes it when installed.....

Last edited:

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
So, removing all of the ducts worked before Updating to 2.1.3 and loading in worked fine. I put all the ducts back in place, started things running, no crashes. I set up three ducts to get intentionally stuffed up (feeding from a Creative Strongbox into twenty Crucibles twenty blocks away) and still no crashes.

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
Can you PM me on these forums please I will have a build but no way to effectively test it ,
what do you mean ?[DOUBLEPOST=1399294046][/DOUBLEPOST]
I already messaged them. But until they come back and say that's correct. I find it slightly hard to understand myself since I have several servers with enough people to hit that limit and I have no idea why we haven't hit it. But I am waiting to hear back from the devs. In the meantime there's a 2.1.3 update in the dropdown that should fix a lot of other issues. Its not recommended yet because I want to make sure some of the new updates and additions don't make the whole thing blow up.
thanks. Might I ask how many player files these servers have when you take a look under /world/players and if they got deleted with the last questbook reset if there was one?

Unisionzz

Jul 29, 2019
tnx for testing that out for us @PurpleMentat but that still doesn't explain the fact for resetting the quests, do you think there might be any possibility the stuffed itemducts cause some corruption in the player.dat file (which thaumcraft didn't got resetted) and caused the quests to reset, or do you think it's a bug standing alone from all the itemduct behaviour since 2.1.3?

Craydy

Jul 29, 2019
I have a bug: When I died I had 5 extra Hearts (From Tinkers Construct [3 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Green]), but my health stayed the same after i respawned, w/e i done to fix it it didnt work. Any solutions?
Edit: Somehow fixed it after i doubled the amout of Hearts i had in the slots (6 Red, 2 Yellow, 2 Green), it regenerated to 20 Hearts total. Not sure what fixed it, or what caused the Bug, but its fixed now, i removed the additional ones and went down to 15.

cyberider7

Jul 29, 2019
The problem with worlds crashing when they are updated to 2.1.3 looks to be an issue with TE3.0.0.6. Removing conduits before you you update won't prevent the issue. Eventually, if that method is called the world will crash.

And it's not an issue specifically with Crucibles, I don't have any left in my world and it still crashed as soon as I updated it.

Description: Exception in server tick loop

at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.GridTickHandler.tickEnd(GridTickHandler.java:93)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.SingleIntervalHandler.tickEnd(SingleIntervalHandler.java:34)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.tickEnd(FMLCommonHandler.java:141)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPostServerTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:274)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:622)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
tnx for testing that out for us @PurpleMentat but that still doesn't explain the fact for resetting the quests, do you think there might be any possibility the stuffed itemducts cause some corruption in the player.dat file (which thaumcraft didn't got resetted) and caused the quests to reset, or do you think it's a bug standing alone from all the itemduct behaviour since 2.1.3?
I have no idea. I transferred the world from server to SSP, did multiple up-and-downgrades from 2.1.2 to 2.1.3 and back, and then put it all back on a server environment. I had one crash from stuffed item ducts. My quests did not reset, and my world was never deleted.[DOUBLEPOST=1399300089][/DOUBLEPOST]
The problem with worlds crashing when they are updated to 2.1.3 looks to be an issue with TE3.0.0.6. Removing conduits before you you update won't prevent the issue. Eventually, if that method is called the world will crash.

And it's not an issue specifically with Crucibles, I don't have any left in my world and it still crashed as soon as I updated it.

Description: Exception in server tick loop

at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.GridTickHandler.tickEnd(GridTickHandler.java:93)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.SingleIntervalHandler.tickEnd(SingleIntervalHandler.java:34)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.tickEnd(FMLCommonHandler.java:141)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPostServerTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:274)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:622)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)

That method should only be called if there are ItemDucts that are stuffed and need truncating. I haven't been able to get my world to crash despite intentionally stuffing a bunch of ItemDucts.

MrDlor

Jul 29, 2019
Updated to 2.1.3 crashed - downgraded to 2.1.2 removed all item ducts - updated to 2.1.3 again and working just fine. Atleast what i did and works for me

Reactions: PurpleMentat

cyberider7

Jul 29, 2019
If you are having issues after you upgrade there is a new config option that will disable truncating stuffed items in ducts. In /config/cofh/ThermalExpansion.cfg change I:MaxItemsInStuffedDucts=20 to I:MaxItemsInStuffedDucts=0 and it should load fine, however it will disable the fixes for stuffed item lag.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Folks attempting to update:

Back up your world, and don't panic. We likely need to remove all ItemDucts from the world before updating. I'm testing that myself this morning.

Actually best solution may be to run the pipe gobbler mod linked in the first post on all 2.1.2 worlds before updating. This actually proves something I have been suspecting for a while: A lot of players are using item ducts in combinations that were never expected leading to TPS and lag issues. I can load this on any of my worlds and servers without an issue, but I have never had the backstuff bug. That's why this came out as a testing pack not a full release. http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/pgobbler/[DOUBLEPOST=1399301464][/DOUBLEPOST]

No. Almost every update several players have their quests reset. We are still trying to find the why.

Tindrith

Jul 29, 2019
What about the bug mentioned on reddit, that blazing pyrotheum cannot be used to smelt cobblestone in the crucibles. Has that been fixed or is it still outstanding?

Unisionzz

Jul 29, 2019
ok tnx @PurpleMentat i will probably not upgrade because i spent well over 1.5 hour re-completing my quests and figuring things out so i'm not very interested in this and lost quite some time i could've used for some recording. But next time i'll look twice before I upgrade to any new version, thanks folks for helping!

Status
Not open for further replies.