Unsupported Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest Bug Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I think there were some microblock slabs around the water, and some crops, but I think the crops were all vanilla

Actually was looking over it again and it seems to be an issue between FMP(Or some mod that has blocks that utilize it), Mariculture, and Ex Aliquo. Seems like it could be something in Ex Aliquo perhaps? @Zerokyuuni

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Playing Agrarian Skies SP. Was in the nether and started taking damage from lava then FTB crashed and DELETED my world and folder completely.

Pastebin Crash Report - http://pastebin.com/cwmqi9S1

That crash usually occurs when you die and have no lives left. Having no lives left deletes your world.[DOUBLEPOST=1399153311][/DOUBLEPOST]
More me screwing up than a bug report but would appreciate some advice.
I use a dedicated linux server, just moved my small private Agrarian Skies server (only me and a friend in a party) onto a different user account on the machine and ran into some permission issues. Sorted them out, booted the server up and all seems fine apart from the fact that me and my friend are no longer in our party and therefor do not have any progress through the quests. When going to the party list we can still see our party and it says 47% complete with 2 players in it so my question is, is there any way to join our party again? Would be a shame to loose all that 47% progress. Took a look at our world/players/player.dat and world/level.dat files via an NBT editor but couldn't see any entry for parties. I assume it is therefor stored in world/HardcoreQuesting/players.dat however I have not been successful reading this file yet.
Any help is appreciated
-Mike

Should be in the world file yes. Use /hqm edit {playername} you can get a book to toggle completion of the quests that reset.

Reactions: mike546378

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
No fix for sifting cobalt/ardite from soulsand?

I can't fix it on my own. That would need a mod fix. And that mod doesn't have an update.[DOUBLEPOST=1399153617][/DOUBLEPOST]Honestly people, I am not ignoring bugs that aren't on the list. THe list is just the bugs I have been able to GET fixes for.

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Actually was looking over it again and it seems to be an issue between FMP(Or some mod that has blocks that utilize it), Mariculture, and Ex Aliquo. Seems like it could be something in Ex Aliquo perhaps? @Zerokyuuni

While the crash only occurs with Ex Aliquo, it's technically my fault. :p. Tis caused by me casting without checking what it is first, normally not an issue in the case with fishing as you cast in open water, but cos the multiparts are in the same space as the bobber...

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
While the crash only occurs with Ex Aliquo, it's technically my fault. :p. Tis caused by me casting without checking what it is first, normally not an issue in the case with fishing as you cast in open water, but cos the multiparts are in the same space as the bobber...

Ahh I figured it was something like that but I thought it might've been caused by aliquo casting without checking :v

E: So I thought about that after I read it again. I feel stupider.

Last edited:

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019

:( ... this makes me sads.

Megadude2000

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I have a bug where I cannot open my quest book at all, I tried restarting server, using book binder, nothing... There is no log or details so kinda hard for me to figure out.

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
:( ... this makes me sads.

Makes me sad too :p, but now that I'm 'sort of back'. I can at least work on it :p(technically i've fixed that error already in my dev, just got some other things i need to finish off before i can update).

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I will double check that. I have no idea why that would occur though.

Thank you. Yeah, I have no idea either. Normally I wouldn't report bugs I found in an altered AS environment, but this bug is so very subtle I figured you'd want to know about it BEFORE you updated half a dozen mods for the next version, in case it persists. This way, you know exactly what mod is at fault and maybe have a head start on tracking it down.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you. Yeah, I have no idea either. Normally I wouldn't report bugs I found in an altered AS environment, but this bug is so very subtle I figured you'd want to know about it BEFORE you updated half a dozen mods for the next version, in case it persists. This way, you know exactly what mod is at fault and maybe have a head start on tracking it down.

Toops is working on it.

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
So have news rearding Infernal mobs(Ender type)+ Blood magic Elementals....
Apparently they are even worse than creepers to the point that I can't load the map properly after having to forcequit due to cpu 100%ing and ram going crazy

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
Try logging into the world with peaceful on?
Ya first thing I tried, followed by trying to literally wipe the offending chunk out using MCedit(Didn't work sadly)

Edit: May have found a "fix" it involves disabling both blood magic and infernal mobs (latter may not be required) then re-enabling after having loaded the map up once. Obviously you will lose all blood magic items/entities/blocks etc, but at least it is something better than complete map wipe. Player inventory and the adjacent chunks are most likely wiped, but the chunks that don't load you won't lose all of your blood magic blocks and items that reside in them.

Last edited:

Phrost

Jul 29, 2019
For those having trouble with cooking quests here is a temporary fix using minetweaker.
I could not get it to work using other methods, so I hard coded all the item id's in, it works and I was able to finish the quests.
There are many more broken recipes past toast.

For client:
  • Navigate to your FTB folder
  • Navigate to \AgrarianSkiesHQ\minecraft\config\minetweaker
  • Edit Harvestcraft.cfg and add the following:
recipes.addShapeless(<15437>, [Pot,<15435>]);
recipes.addShapeless(<15752>, [Pot,<297>]);
recipes.addShapeless(<15319>, [Pot,<15316>]);
recipes.addShapeless(<15475>, [Pot,<15459>]);
recipes.addShapeless(<15808>, [<297>]);
recipes.addShapeless(<15481>, [Pot,<15730>]);
recipes.addShapeless(<15638>, [Pot,<15636>]);
recipes.addShapeless(<15327>, [Pot,<15800>]);

For server:

• Navigate to your server folder
  • Navigate to \config\minetweaker
  • Edit Harvestcraft.cfg and add the following:
recipes.addShapeless(<15437>, [Pot,<15435>]);
recipes.addShapeless(<15752>, [Pot,<297>]);
recipes.addShapeless(<15319>, [Pot,<15316>]);
recipes.addShapeless(<15475>, [Pot,<15459>]);
recipes.addShapeless(<15808>, [<297>]);
recipes.addShapeless(<15481>, [Pot,<15730>]);
recipes.addShapeless(<15638>, [Pot,<15636>]);
recipes.addShapeless(<15327>, [Pot,<15800>]);

These are very simple recipes I came up with as a temporary fix. Bread -> Toast in shapeless crafting and rest are pot + given vegetable to make the broken recipe.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
The quests that require Forestry saplings are bugged. You can submit any Forestry sapling, not just the ones listed.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
The quests that require Forestry saplings are bugged. You can submit any Forestry sapling, not just the ones listed.

Know and "sort of" on purpose. Will require a bit of added code to the HQM mod.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem with energy consumption. I've searched Google and this thread to no avail, so I'll post this for you.

A particular part of my energy network, buffered by a Hardened Energy Cell, is eating 200 RF per tick despite there being no call for that much power. Idling, this part of my network calls for 38 RF/t, with 100% of that coming from an ME controller. I have a full battery of Thermal Expansion machines hooked up and fully charged, except for the Glacial Precipitator due to recent re-cabling.

I have four Magmatic Engines being fed by 5 fire-powered crucibles, resulting in an easy 320 RF/t, but I have other uses for that lava that aren't being realised due to this excessive draw unless I manually manage it's power use. I have recorded a video stating much the same, but just in case you see an issue that I didn't explain here, it could be useful in diagnosing the issue.

I was able to replicate this in an even simpler setup. All it takes is a power source (dynamo or generator) feeding into a Thermal Expansion Hardened Energy Cell which then feeds into the ME Controller. It will happily chew up the full 400 RF/t that the energy cell can output.

Feeding the power directly into the ME Controller without using an energy cell uses exactly as much power as the controller says (46 RF/t in my case).

I couldn't quite reproduce the problem every single time though. I'm not sure what the deciding factor is yet, but sometimes breaking and replacing components of the system got it back to using power at the expected rate. Early on I had reproduced the problem with a Redstone Energy Cell, but when I went back to get exact numbers to see if it would use the full 2000 that can generate, the problem seemed to have fixed itself. I threw the Hardened Energy Cell back in, and it was also working properly, but pulling that out along with a few cables and then replacing everything got it back to sucking down 400 RF/t.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
What you could be seeing is the conduit network filling up its internal buffer of RF.

Status
Not open for further replies.