Agrarian 'Derp' Skies

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Not a derp. But almost.
I almost used infusion crafting to make a greatwood sapling. This very forum saved me.

After watching mentat make one I don't really see what you mean by that.[DOUBLEPOST=1399047545][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's a bad thing, WHY?

He prefers his tools not getting free modifiers as it makes the materials that went into the tool less valuable in terms of resource scarcity.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
That's a bad thing, WHY?

Because I want my resources to be valuable.
Early on materials are very limited; do you invest them in repairing kit, or planting trees?
Having a free auto-repair upgrade appear on your tool for no real reason makes the game way to easy.
[Set the auto-repair rate to 0, tool repairs are 4x more expensive and the cost doubles every 6 times. Repair limit removed]​

KKeys

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I installed ArchimedesShips to this modpack thinking it would be fun to make a cool air ship to look at my island and its progress!

So I made my ship, a bit mid sized and took care to not build it on my platform. Ship mostly made, first test flight I mounted up, only to find I didn't have enough Air Balloons to lift off of the ground.
No problem, set my ship down and added a few more balloons thinking it was enough. Not thinking about it, I mounted my ship... attached to my platform from the dismount... and my whole island fell through the void :(

Disabling that mod now and calling it a day.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I installed ArchimedesShips to this modpack thinking it would be fun to make a cool air ship to look at my island and its progress!

So I made my ship, a bit mid sized and took care to not build it on my platform. Ship mostly made, first test flight I mounted up, only to find I didn't have enough Air Balloons to lift off of the ground.
No problem, set my ship down and added a few more balloons thinking it was enough. Not thinking about it, I mounted my ship... attached to my platform from the dismount... and my whole island fell through the void :(

wow :eek: just... wow o_O

I think you just took the whole meaning of derp up a level mate. sorry about your world, but that is kinda hilarious if you think about it for a sec. :D
thanks for sharing. I won't feel so bad for falling off the edge with all my kit on me for the umpteenth time now. :rolleyes:

KKeys

Jul 29, 2019
At first, I just stared at the screen for a while.

Palm-faced and laughed in disappointment. Thought of this thread instantly after

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014

And the prize for "Derp of the Year" goes to....

But seriously, how hard is it to replay Agrarian Skies again after that? I, personally, would take a vacation before coming back especially if I was heavily involved. I feel sorry for your loss there.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019

I... wow. You, uh, know that shore blocks work VERY well for building such things on your island, and that they don't connect to any ship, airships included?

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, so far I've been able to avoid any derps. I get real fucking close when I start to expand my base. Never has my pinky pressed the "shift" key with so much precedence and valour. It's pinky breaking.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, so far I've been able to avoid any derps. I get real fucking close when I start to expand my base. Never has my pinky pressed the "shift" key with so much precedence and valour. It's pinky breaking.
BM's flight potions. Life saving in so many ways and the easiest early game flight.

null123

Mar 27, 2014
After watching mentat make one I don't really see what you mean by that.[DOUBLEPOST=1399047545][/DOUBLEPOST]

He prefers his tools not getting free modifiers as it makes the materials that went into the tool less valuable in terms of resource scarcity.
Ah, tyvm.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019

In Soviet Russia, platform falls off you.

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
The derp I'm willing to publicly admit to involves HQM.

I've reached the MAC stage of AE (5x5x5 MAC) and once I have a MAC and need to craft something, I tend to teach the MAC how to make it for me and then I just request it from the system. Because lazy. The derp that I've done twice now is using the AE system to craft something for a quest, except auto-crafting doesn't register with the HQM and so I've had to re-craft some things "by hand" in order to complete a quest.

And yes, I've cheated some of the harder to obtain materials in for the hand crafting and then tossed the completed thing into the void.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
A player on my server this weekend logged in absolutely knackered drunk in the middle of the night.

Needless to say, the void claimed him after a while.

Not exactly an AS derp, but I couldn't stop laughing when I found out.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
The derp I'm willing to publicly admit to involves HQM.

I've reached the MAC stage of AE (5x5x5 MAC) and once I have a MAC and need to craft something, I tend to teach the MAC how to make it for me and then I just request it from the system. Because lazy. The derp that I've done twice now is using the AE system to craft something for a quest, except auto-crafting doesn't register with the HQM and so I've had to re-craft some things "by hand" in order to complete a quest.

And yes, I've cheated some of the harder to obtain materials in for the hand crafting and then tossed the completed thing into the void.
Forgive me, but doesn't HCQ have a block that you can send items into to complete quests remotely? And is needed for completing quests that want fluids?