Age of Engineering Series!

C

Closet Gamer

Been mucking about with 4d cinema all day today - what a pain in the butt!
d484d420ccd39de286292cd1c039a979.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
This is it nearly there, need to much about with lighting etc but this will probably be for the channel icon. The banner will be similar but with some 3D text
71f7b4616c38cdce9823a2fe1ca57667.jpg

Suggestion: Don't use an IC2 wrench. In general a Yeta Wrench is much more common.

C

Closet Gamer

Finishing up some hefty RF power upgrades! And crazy complicated cobblestone conversion...sorry boys xD

C

Closet Gamer

So I'm soon going to be approaching the point where I need to up my EU production in order to make UU matter. My next episodes will focus on the void miner which will give us a slow and steady flow of resource and I am fairly happy with the amount of RF/t coming from our diesel generators (I can add another if needed).

So now I turn my attention to EU power generation. The obvious route is nuclear power - please share some good builds if you think I should go this route!
The next less obvious route is HV solars - one of these produces 512EU/t. If I am to do this i would automate the entire production process. The other + is that this method is fully sustainable. The downside clearly being that I need depleted uranium to make plutonium.

What say you?

Last edited:

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
You need a Reactor anyway so I would recommend it, to finish the pack you need Cyanite, which is made in an Extreme Reactor which needs Plutonium to make, you'll set the reactor up anyway.

Reactions: Closet Gamer

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
One thing you might do once you get the void miner up and running is to give it the correct focus for uranium (can't remember which one it is though). You get plenty of everything else anyway.

I'm not that experienced with reactor designs but there is a totally safe, 420EU/t reactor out there (just google 'ic2 reactor 420' and look for the one that uses 7 quad cells). It's bloody expensive but they are all are anyway.

PS I was glad you didn't accidentally make those phantom faces instead of the boosters - I was gritting my teeth :)

PPS Remember the hazmat suit when dealing with nuclear stuff!

C

Closet Gamer

One thing you might do once you get the void miner up and running is to give it the correct focus for uranium (can't remember which one it is though). You get plenty of everything else anyway.

I'm not that experienced with reactor designs but there is a totally safe, 420EU/t reactor out there (just google 'ic2 reactor 420' and look for the one that uses 7 quad cells). It's bloody expensive but they are all are anyway.

PS I was glad you didn't accidentally make those phantom faces instead of the boosters - I was gritting my teeth :)

PPS Remember the hazmat suit when dealing with nuclear stuff!

Is it wrong that "totally safe" comes accross as a challenge to me? xD there must be some way I can leave a crater behind! I'll look up the build as 420EU/t sounds nice to me.

I'm not sure what lens it would be for uranium, probably green as the lens colour seems to correlate to the ore colour.

I had a feeling my phantom faces f-up would have that effect, I was in two minds to edit it out xD MAN, if you guys could see some of the stuff that doesn't make the cut during the editing process! Haha!

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Is it wrong that "totally safe" comes accross as a challenge to me? xD there must be some way I can leave a crater behind! I'll look up the build as 420EU/t sounds nice to me.

I'm not sure what lens it would be for uranium, probably green as the lens colour seems to correlate to the ore colour.

I had a feeling my phantom faces f-up would have that effect, I was in two minds to edit it out xD MAN, if you guys could see some of the stuff that doesn't make the cut during the editing process! Haha!

There's plenty of ways to get a crater in IC2 :) For the reactors it's to do with how much heat the cells produce and how much the other components dissipate the heat. There's a 1001 designs to choose from (here's some of them) but many require babysitting and tweaking. It's probably worth a read on on the IC2 wiki but if not, this 420 design won't overheat so you can just use it blindly.

I think you're right about the green focus, but from memory there's a lime one too, but maybe that's for emerald?

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Just one other thing - have you seen the cobble generators available? They're invaluable for the generating scrap in the recycler for improving the rate of production of uu-matter.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
So I'm soon going to be approaching the point where I need to up my EU production in order to make UU matter. My next episodes will focus on the void miner which will give us a slow and steady flow of resource and I am fairly happy with the amount of RF/t coming from our diesel generators (I can add another if needed).

So now I turn my attention to EU power generation. The obvious route is nuclear power - please share some good builds if you think I should go this route!
The next less obvious route is HV solars - one of these produces 512EU/t. If I am to do this i would automate the entire production process. The other + is that this method is fully sustainable. The downside clearly being that I need depleted uranium to make plutonium.

What say you?

Now, you'll definitely need reactors, so DO build those. But, there is also Advanced Generators (I think that's what it's called) - I think you need some plutonium for the good rotors for that, but that can kick out a nice amount of EU with the right setup (it's a multiblock) and can run off liquid fuels like Crystallised Canola and stuff.