AE2 Discussion

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Carnivean on the AE IRC just made the most epic AE2 controller. Check this out.

Using P2P to make 694 Connections (193 Internally) for a total of 22,208 possible AE2 devices on one network. :p That is some creative designing.

2014-04-14_19.42.17.png
This is why I am so much more excited about AE2 than I am about the current version. That looks awesome and supports my suspicion that the channel system will encourage really creative and diverse systems. That looks like something that is capable of storing an entire base worth of inventory and distributing items here, there and everywhere, unlike the magic blocks of AE1.

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft nodes are NOT painful
There are chances to get multiple in the same chunk, and if you find a magic forest oyu never need to searchnagain. Generally after finding a few nodes you shouldnbe set. Andntechnically you CAN get everything unlocked without nodes thanks to how research works. Not only that, but they have MULTIPLE aspects, meaning they are more likely to have what you need. [/endrant]

haha I didn't actually call TC nodes painful. I was just referring to the randomness, and exploration (both good things most of the time) associated with them. However I have had circumstances where there's only one node on a large island that has (in low quantity) the last aspect I desire. However that's just luck of the draw. There's nothing like finding a nice place to live with great nodes nearby.

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
i dont like idea of meteors , i dont like those nerfed cables but its not that bad.
and those small cosmetic changes like ladders with cables and light and fmp support are cool.
only dislike meteors.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
So to all those people saying that meteors will foster SMP relations, that notion is mostly false. Unless you have super nice friends in a private server, or somehow met nice people in a public server (you are very lucky), most people will demand a ludicrous amount since you're dependent on them to give you the press, and there are the other mean people who just won't trade with you.
I still hold by the idea that RNG with meteors is a pretty bad idea and I hope that AlgorithmX2 will only make the recipe harder or use some other balancing mechanism.

Reactions: immibis

Tombe0

Jul 29, 2019
To be brutally honest, I was expecting AE2 after the first teaser video. But now, after watching Direwolf20s 3-parter I can safely say "screw that, I'll keep in AE1"

IF I play a modpack with AE2 in it, the first thing I'll do is cheat in the presses and forget ever looking for the skystone meteors. Also I was expecting to get more storage options, the 64k drives are abysmally small if you have a efficient base that's running 24/7/365, hence I got ExtraCells installed in my current play for some sorely needed extended storage.

Reactions: immibis and Vasa

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Carnivean on the AE IRC just made the most epic AE2 controller. Check this out.

Using P2P to make 694 685 Connections (193 Internally) for a total of 22,208 21,920 possible AE2 devices on one network. :p That is some creative designing.
Edit Correction: This design only has 685 connections for 21,920 devices. His other design that is hard to make has 694.

2014-04-14_19.42.17.png
No lie...I have the website open and I'm still not sure what I'm looking at.

And I like to think I was halfway decent with AE1. Yikes.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, I'm happy in 1.6 period and there's really not enough mods ready for me to try 1.7 beyond tooling around in vanilla.

I do HATE meteors of any kind.

But what I have planned on doing since I posted his AE2 preview vid, is to wait for Bevo's spotlight. I learned the majority of AE1 from his vids and he's my source for AE related info. So until then I'll reserve judgment but it doesn't seem to be the doom and gloom situation that people are making it out to be.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like fun! Except for the press...
I might have missed it, but will you be able to power a system with another mods power? Or you will need ae generation?

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
what we are no longer allowed to say what we wish? It is quite obvious several of us don't like it so why shouldn't we be allowed to voice that same way you are allowed to voice that you like it.
You can say whatever you want to, just that the "AE2 suckz I have to explore to do anything and theres luck n stuf and AE1 wuz so much better blah blah blah..." gets so repetitive after a while.