AE2 Discussion

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
If you dislike algo's solution why don't you suggest a better way to do it instead of just hating on it?
Earlier in the thread I mentioned the idea of a clean room for growing crystals; you could use the same idea for the press. I'd be fine with building an expensive multiblock to create the system components. It would probably take longer, and would definitely be more expensive than finding the space loot, but it would feel like you were actually building something, instead of just finding something (or not finding something, as the case may be).
My spitball idea aside, crafting/building is better than dumb luck, in my opinion.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Earlier in the thread I mentioned the idea of a clean room for growing crystals; you could use the same idea for the press. I'd be fine with building an expensive multiblock to create the system components. It would probably take longer, and would definitely be more expensive than finding the space loot, but it would feel like you were actually building something, instead of just finding something (or not finding something, as the case may be).
My spitball idea aside, crafting/building is better than dumb luck, in my opinion.
This is a good post. Like, a perfect one to me.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
No what you did is you think you adressed it if I wanted to play real life I would go outside I am playing computer game for fun not for imitating real life as it was pointed out to you.
so play SSP if you've got to have it all. SMP is supposed to be about community (whether that means killing them, allying with them

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
midi_sac could you please restrain yourself from telling me how am I supposed to play my game? At this moment your attitude is "if you disagree with me get lost" and that's not very mature. This topic is for feedback to mod author and the only way he can get this feedback is by us expressing what we like and dislike.

Sp4rky_Bl0x

Jul 29, 2019
The only problem I see with this mod are the meteors, I could honestly care less where they generate, they're just so freaking hard to fine, getting dupe circuit boards is horrible, and the compass doesn't work half the time, it leads you to same one over and over again. I have yet to see a surface meteor sadly but I imagine having a compass lead you to that would be more then aggravating. And the new quartz doesn't make much sense to me, if algo wanted you to use "charged quartz" why didn't he just make you charge the quartz .-. I'm not a big fan of worldgen already and adding another ore to the game doesn't excite me. I do like the fact that quartz dust can't be dropped from ores, I always found myself throwing out that junk for more inventory space and then regretting it soon afterwards. Other than that I think AE2 is a very cool mod, and I can't wait to break it.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I'm almost completely reiterating a point in my initial post, but I'll put it here because some people seem to be either too thick to read a few paragraphs, or too lazy to read thru a mere six pages (something of which I, myself, am occasionally guilty). However, I think the problem with the presses could be simply addressed by keeping the old recipes for circuits, and one old-style recipe for the new kind introduced, but have the recipes that require the machine, presses, and power require fewer raw materials, or give you more for the same amount you put into the normal recipes. Also, unless I'm missing something, automating the creation of the circuits would require...7 machines? One for the printed silicon, three for the gold/certus/diamond plates, and another 3 for the finished product. That's 7 machines, each drawing their own power as well as the power required to automate via AE. That's also 7 channels being used solely for the automation of critical machine components. I've already voice my opinion on what I feel is the incredibly ill-advised channel mechanic, so I'll not reiterate that one, as well.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
midi_sac could you please restrain yourself from telling me how am I supposed to play my game? At this moment your attitude is "if you disagree with me get lost" and that's not very mature. This topic is for feedback to mod author and the only way he can get this feedback is by us expressing what we like and dislike.
First half of your post screams of Butthurt, but the second half is spot on. Except, of course, the whole bit about it being the only way to get his feedback. Actually, wait, no, the second half isn't spot on, it's way off mark. Like, the Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back "The Pulse" scene level off the mark.

I mean, no offense, but I haven't seen anyone here bother to attempt to contact Algo in this thread. Hey, let me show the whole thread how we actually should voice our opinion in this sense.
@AlgorithmX2 So far I like a lot of AE2 from what I've seen in the spotlights I've seen, but I don't like the RNG standing between me and my AE Network. And I REALLY don't think you play SMP at all by the use of RNG to gate the mod; it makes it annoying in SSP, but almost impossible to get started in AE2 in SMP. I've had similar posts with similar points about Soul Shards 2, except Soul Shards 2 was limited in of that it needed a resource that was insanely rare, you get 1 every mob spawner you break. You need at least 4 to get started in SS2; 1 for the cage, one for a soul binding shard, and 2 for a sword. Which is fine in SSP, even if one rarely breaks spawners "because they may be useful later". But in SMP? It's a clusterfuck. I've been on servers where you have to go thousands of blocks from spawn to find anything usable. Ever seen what a testificate village looks like after a week on a server, regardless of difficulty?

Trust me, I get this is a alpha release, I get this is testing the water. Well let me tell you, these waters are full of death and hate. {name calling redacted}

Last edited by a moderator:

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
I'm almost completely reiterating a point in my initial post, but I'll put it here because some people seem to be either too thick to read a few paragraphs, or too lazy to read thru a mere six pages (something of which I, myself, am occasionally guilty). However, I think the problem with the presses could be simply addressed by keeping the old recipes for circuits, and one old-style recipe for the new kind introduced, but have the recipes that require the machine, presses, and power require fewer raw materials, or give you more for the same amount you put into the normal recipes. Also, unless I'm missing something, automating the creation of the circuits would require...7 machines? One for the printed silicon, three for the gold/certus/diamond plates, and another 3 for the finished product. That's 7 machines, each drawing their own power as well as the power required to automate via AE. That's also 7 channels being used solely for the automation of critical machine components. I've already voice my opinion on what I feel is the incredibly ill-advised channel mechanic, so I'll not reiterate that one, as well.

It shouldn't require any channels, blocks that just use power don't require a channel. Don't forget the controller block as well.

Would the problem be solved if we still had the meteors for skystone and had a minigame (a la Thaumcraft research) to make the presses?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
It shouldn't require any channels, blocks that just use power don't require a channel. Don't forget the controller block as well.

Would the problem be solved if we still had the meteors for skystone and had a minigame (a la Thaumcraft research) to make the presses?
Assuming the minigame doesn't use some sort of insanely limited resource to play, I'd say yes, yes it would.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming the minigame doesn't use some sort of insanely limited resource to play, I'd say yes, yes it would.

What about a connect the dots minigame. You have to get graphite to make a pencil and put it in a crafting bench with paper and you get a newspaper. You flip over to the Sudoku, spend a bit of time on that and bish-bash-bosh you have yourself a press.

Reactions: trajing

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
It would, because auto-crafting with AE without the molecular reconstructor requires ME interfaces, which if memory serves, takes up a channel per interface.

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
please no minigames! *throws self out the window*

so far I have never seen a minigame made well since ffvii chokobo riding.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
It would, because auto-crafting with AE without the molecular reconstructor requires ME interfaces, which if memory serves, takes up a channel per interface.

How about autocraft without AE? Also interfaces don't seem to have the functionality to autocraft yet.

Bevo

Jul 29, 2019
Carnivean on the AE IRC just made the most epic AE2 controller. Check this out.

Using P2P to make 694 685 Connections (193 Internally) for a total of 22,208 21,920 possible AE2 devices on one network. :p That is some creative designing.
Edit Correction: This design only has 685 connections for 21,920 devices. His other design that is hard to make has 694.

2014-04-14_19.42.17.png

Last edited: